Nitto 335/30ZR-18

jcthorne

Established Member
Did they simply widen them and increase the back spacing by 1.5"? Or, did they weld on a spacer or are you using a spacer? How much clearance to the shock?

1.5 inches all to the inside of the rim. No spacers. Yes these rims have been chromed. Should have had them chromed after widening but could not see that far ahead in the ol crystal ball.

From the tire to the shock is less than 1/4" and hence why I had to add an adjustable panhard bar to get the same clearance on both sides. Its tight but they do fit and do not ever rub.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
1.5 inches all to the inside of the rim. No spacers. Yes these rims have been chromed. Should have had them chromed after widening but could not see that far ahead in the ol crystal ball.

From the tire to the shock is less than 1/4" and hence why I had to add an adjustable panhard bar to get the same clearance on both sides. Its tight but they do fit and do not ever rub.

Thanks for the reply! One other question though. How much is the car lowered and what springs were used? My guess is that lowering the car may have actually helped the clearance to the shock.

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
My Shelby Type S1 wheels are at Weld Craft now & am expecting back next week.From 9in to 11in. Will post pics when mounted etc....Been researching the Shit out of Tires for them????

jcthorne

Established Member
Thanks for the reply! One other question though. How much is the car lowered and what springs were used? My guess is that lowering the car may have actually helped the clearance to the shock.

The rear is lowered an inch and a half about....The rear springs are eibach on adjustable mounts. I went with a coilover setup so I could adjust the ride height where I wanted on both ends and easily swap out springs for different rates for the track vs street for minimal cost and effort.

greygt500

Here are some photos:

2924201040_42269e619c_b.jpg

2923351827_d32eb834ff_b.jpg

2924202956_f014dfd56a_b.jpg

2923353009_34399f45aa_b.jpg

The wheels were widened by weldcraft. They do very nice work. Tires hook very well and run great. About 8000 miles so far.

Very Nice
They give your car a mean stance!!

greygt500

Why did you choose 11" say instead of 11.5 Would the rim still fit or what? Thanks for info!!

rlhay2

Established Member
Highly unlikely that the 335's will fit a 10" wheel. You may get a 315 to work, but it would be ill advised to try for anything wider.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
does anyone know if 335's will fit on a 10 inch wide wheel

you can mount them on the 10" rim as i did on my 03 cobra, but be warned it is difficult to mount them, they will bow out a bit, they will wear unevenly and traction for some reason was hit or miss, i had the michelin pilot sports 335/30/18 on an 18x10. here is a pic

P6060026.jpg

P6060005.jpg

P6060004.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
so then the best bet is wided to 11" and put some 335/30 on it

ARMORED SNAKE

Established Member
The rear is lowered an inch and a half about....The rear springs are eibach on adjustable mounts. I went with a coilover setup so I could adjust the ride height where I wanted on both ends and easily swap out springs for different rates for the track vs street for minimal cost and effort.

When I look at my car with the stock 285 and 9.5 widht wheel it looks like there is almost no room on the inside to go wider. The tire and wheel look as if it is almost touching the shock on the inside.

I dont understand how they put the rest of the 1.5" width on the rim all towards the inside and then you added a 335 and cleared everything. It boggles my mind, lol!

Is the reason everything clears on your car that you are running a Coilover setup and the Panhard Bar? Do you know if I do the same to my wheels and run a 335 tire if everything will clear on my setup? All I have done out back is QA-1 drag shocks and Mega Bite LCA's. The QA-1 Drag Shocks gave a little bit more room from shock to tire vs. my stock shocks.

Any answer or help would be much apreciated!

Thanks!
-Alex. :beer:

Last edited:

rlhay2

Established Member
I've seen a 12" wide wheel but that required relocating the shocks a la Griggs coil overs.

jcthorne

Established Member
335s on 11" wheels you will need the panhard to center the axel but otherwise they fit stock suspension fine. My shocks are in the stock location.

lightningmanny

Established Member
the only drag radios i like are m/t and the make a 345-35-18.....but i think thats too much....and a 30 profile is too low......just got to look around ....see if i get like baja rims to but some tires on

Users who are viewing this thread