Off topic threads

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
I am sorry if I dispersed Gene. I just received confirmation that Gene was not playing shuffleboard (or bingo). He has been plenty busy riding around in his yatch in south FL. I have a picture (he has no real winter season): :D

Bruce55.jpg

I just wish he could get his racing crew to buy a bikini that would actually fit the dimensions of their "full figures". :shrug:

Doc,

I can't believe you're complaining about my pit crew uniforms. I picked them out and fitted them personally.:rockon: They not only change tires fast, but they distract the compitition also.:-D You see, it works, doesn't it.:poke:

95R#177

Established Member
Have you guys seen the production info on the 09 Challenger? Apparently they will produce a 6-speed manual 6.1L Hemi car, with 3:93 gears this summer. They will also sell a non-street legal version with a 392 CI Hemi, and has undergone a mass-reduction program.

I see this as no threat to the Shelby Mustang GT500, but I would say it is healthy competition. However, a blown version of the 6.1L Hemi would be down right tire-melting nasty--no matter how much it weighs. It will be interesting to see what the final mass of the non-street version will come in at.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Have you seen that the street legal version mass is?

I heard that all of the 08's were going to be auto SRT8's. Followed by manuals in 2009.

I'm really interested in the Pro-stock version that is being offered. Interesting that Chrysler is offering a factory drag car vs. everyone else who is offering factory road race cars. I wonder if they are on to something......

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

LET THE PONY WARS BEGIN!!!!!! (again)

95R#177

Established Member
Have you seen that the street legal version mass is?

I heard that all of the 08's were going to be auto SRT8's. Followed by manuals in 2009.

I'm really interested in the Pro-stock version that is being offered. Interesting that Chrysler is offering a factory drag car vs. everyone else who is offering factory road race cars. I wonder if they are on to something......

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

LET THE PONY WARS BEGIN!!!!!! (again)

yes, the first ones off the line will be as you say, but that is only to be the run from March to May, afterwards come the 6-speed manual monsters

I'm guessing street version mass to be around the same as Mustang, as overall size is close to the same, and I know for this car the Chrysler engineers did their homework

as you well know Mark, the "Pro-Stock" version will be stripped-down--the starting basis for many different racing configurations, and I'm betting they'll offer bodies-in-white too

Someone will have a Challenger road racer built in short order this summer, probably modified from the "Pro-Stock" version

Let the games begin...:rockon:

93 COBRA

Established Member
The re-birth of a trans-am series racing production based pony cars would be the coolest. Now if GM can just get the Camaro done we can get the rivalry started. :-D

93 COBRA

Established Member
Vote for My Car... Please

Our local news station does a segment called “I love my Car”, Well I submitted our ’67 Mustang and it was picked. At the end of the month viewers can vote for their favorite. My wife and I would appreciate your vote. I don't know what the winner gets, I just thought it would be cool if we won.

Thanks,

Scroll to the bottom of the page to vote.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=traffic&id=5743491

This is the car to vote for: 11/28/07: Jennifer Grider and her 1967 Ford Mustang

100_1509.sized.jpg

100_1507.sized.jpg

IM001092.jpg

100_1506.sized.jpg

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
My winter driving rant for 2007!

Every year it's the same. This year is no different!

About Noon I headed out to the shop and I swear 90% of the drivers on the road should have restrictive driver's licenses preventing them from driving when there is snow on the ground! OMFG!!!! 25mph on the f***ing freeway?!!?!??! Take Bluemound Rd. or Greenfield Ave. you morons!!!!! Drive 10mph there!! See if I give a rat's azz!!! That's why we have bus service for SFB's that can't drive! UGH!:cryying::cryying::cryying:

I worked on the car for a few hours, and coming home it was the same 'ol crap only worse. We now have about 3-4" out there (6:00 pm) and you'd think it was a nuclear war attack if you listened to the whiners on the radio! OMG!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!! It's the end of the World!!!! Everyone has "Chicken Little Syndrone"!! Talk about the "pussification" of America!!!! Has everyone lost their minds!?!? Hello!! We live in Wisconsin!!!! It snows here and it gets cold!!! Did I ever tell you guys I hate the Liberal Pussified Media!!!! LMFAO

rant off/

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Stanger58

Established Member
PRI Show anyone?

The annual Performance Racing Industry (PRI) show is later this week... Dec 6 - 8, 2007, in Orlando, FL. If any of y'all make it to the show, be sure to stop by the ProCharger display (booth #2619) and introduce yourself. (It's always great to meet fellow SVTPerformace folks WITHOUT their helmets on...

See ya in Orlando... or on track!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I worked on the car for a few hours, and coming home it was the same 'ol crap only worse. We now have about 3-4" out there (6:00 pm) and you'd think it was a nuclear war attack if you listened to the whiners on the radio! OMG!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!

What is this snow stuff? Is it a new beer?

I almost suffered from heat stroke. We had three races in a row at Sebring in 88 degree weather. :D

I even had to use a cool suit in the enduro race:
Sebring07a.jpg

My car ran well:
Sebring07.gif

It just needs A/C.

95R#177

Established Member
Hey, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here who celebrates it. I know I'm hard to tolerate sometimes, and I still don't know how to insert photos after a few years here, but I like coming to the site and I value your comments. Now, back to saving for that T2R diff....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
U.S. General tool box at Harbor Freight

So I had been eyeing up the US General tool box at Harbor Freight because I thought it was a pretty decent deal for $499.00 picked up at the store. We needed something to organize all of the gauge pins in our QC area at work.

So my brother in law emails me a coupon that showed this thing at $200.00 off! :pepper: So I figured at $299.00 there is going to be no hesitating at that point. I went to get one.

After I got it back to the shop I was so impressed with the box I went and picked up another one for my race shop. I mean $299.00!!! You gotta be stupid NOT to buy one! It's a great box. 42" wide. Big, deep full width top drawer. Deep bottom drawers. Full ball bearing drawer slides. It's no Snap-On, but it's well worth the money.

redtoolbox2wd9.jpg

redtoolboxbp0.jpg

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
Hey Bruce:
How can I get a coupon :shrug: I've been looking for a box for a while.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Bruce:
How can I get a coupon :shrug: I've been looking for a box for a while.

Clay:

It looks like the box is currently at $100.00 off the regular price, now at $399.00:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90320

I think you need to sign-up to their email mailing list to get the weekly/monthly (or whatever it is) specials coupons.

On the left side of the page under the "Free Retail Flyer" link you can sign up to receive their propoganda.

Users who are viewing this thread