One touch down passenger window mod

Satyr

Established Member
Payment sent.
Is this an obvious install or are directions needed? I haven't had those consoles out in a while and don't really remember the wiring combinations with the switches.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Just like the window motor. When the window hits the stops the motor goes in to an effort that draws current.That current draw triggers the module that shuts down the power to the motor.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I don't think there are stops for the Convertible top. When I hold the button, I can hear the motors working even after the top is all the way up or down - it is up to me to release the button once I feel the top is in place. Just saying - Test with a kill switch or something in case you start to fry the convertible top motors.

That being said - I think it would be cool to have one touch down for the rear window buttons on a convertible.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
Payment sent.
Is this an obvious install or are directions needed? I haven't had those consoles out in a while and don't really remember the wiring combinations with the switches.

I included a piece of paper with the wire colors and connections.It's very simple.:thumbsup:

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
I don't think there are stops for the Convertible top. When I hold the button, I can hear the motors working even after the top is all the way up or down - it is up to me to release the button once I feel the top is in place. Just saying - Test with a kill switch or something in case you start to fry the convertible top motors.

That being said - I think it would be cool to have one touch down for the rear window buttons on a convertible.

You might be right ,i'm not real sure how the top works but i know there is a vendor that is salling the one touch up/down module for the 05+ convertible mustangs. Maybe the 05+ tops work different ....
Anyway, thanks for the info!

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member
Just got mine today. He includes great instructions with the kit. I'll be installing mine this weekend.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Just requested your paypal addy in the cobra parts buy/sell thread.

Just wanna make sure you see this b/c I really wanna do this!

2face

Established Member
thanks again to RDDFIRERO!!! i got 2 shipped to me. had them in 2 days...install was very simple. all hardware and directions included... first i did my 04 cobra. the 2nd one was evan easyer my friends 03.. thank you,,, RAY

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Got my module a few days ago and finally had some time to get it put in. Install was very straight forward. Only thing I would say is to make sure you take a little bit of steel wool or sandpaper to the spot where you are screwing the ground wire in. Mine apparantly wasn't making good contact and the module didn't work. Once I took some steel wool to the area I drilled for the screw, it worked like a champ. Very cool mod.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Anyone do the rear windows on a vert yet? Just wondering where/how you installed the modules, and how it worked out. I would like to do this to mine, but was wondering if anyone has tried it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread