opening up the hood vents for more cooling

dogmush

Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
Just go to your local home center and pick up some rubber brush guard (or whatever it is called).

There is a lip that curves back to the wheels on either side of the radiator. There is already an airdam under the radiator that lines up with the "lips" on either side. This is a very easy and straightforward deal. You can use some alumnium angle iron for renforcement if you like, and rivet, or drill to nut and bolt the rubber to the car.

If you street drive alot, you will want to make sure it is easy to replace the rubber airfoil. It will start looking ratty and mabye deteriorate in as quickly as 6 months to a year because it will rub over everything.

The rubber material is also good for blocking off the heat exchanger, etc. You will have to get more creative with that part using different pieces and shapes, but it can be done for pretty cheap.

Ashley

Cool, thanks. Looks like I'll have to spend some time staring at the bottom of my car.

racebronco2

Established Member
here is what the lawn border peice looks like before i cut off the circular portion. Since the bend is in the wrong direction i used my heat gun to warm the plastic peice and bend it in the direction i needed it to be.Ashley could you get me the link of my car.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
Ashley could you get me the link of my car.

Will do!

So it looks like your airdam material is a hard, semiflexible plastic? I would assume that its pliable enough to bend as opposed to break if you hit something, or scrape it on a driveway.

I have made them out of (what looks like) a more pliable material. A little more forgiving, and slightly less effective.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
IMG_6098_worked.gif

new4005.jpg

IMG_5734_worked.gif

Here is the thread over on NASIOC.com. I PMed those who had pics to see if they had anymore of your car. Hopefully next spring I will be out there with you.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1135103&highlight=cobra

Ashley

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Thanks ashley, went over checked out the site, registered and posted about the event. I was told before that my rear inside tire was getting lifted not the front on the tight stuff.

Yes it is hard plastic but not hard enough to break.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
hood primered and 10th ann. wheels

wife gave me half the money for new rims for christmas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread