Ouch! ZR1 Corvette takes on an SL65 - Ego buster

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I've driven a stock SL65. Butt dyno says it would take a C6Z stock for stock. Not sure about the ZR1 though.

SL65 feels like a freight train. Wicked sound from the V12.

I raced one a few times at a track rental last year. I think his best time was 11.9 @ 120 mph. I don't really see one beating a C6 Z stock for stock.

[youtube_browser]8kMHiEszHsw[/youtube_browser]

Extreme281

Banned
I put money that the guy in the ZR1 sucks at driving ,that older Sl65 is close to 1,000lbs heavier .Even if the SL got the hit the ZR1 should pull it down and that's that I think Vettes are for girls that wear spandex

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
That video kinda pisses me off. Why not wait till both drivers are ready instead of taking off when the other guy's waitin' for a honk?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
I raced one a few times at a track rental last year. I think his best time was 11.9 @ 120 mph. I don't really see one beating a C6 Z stock for stock.

[youtube_browser]8kMHiEszHsw[/youtube_browser]

What tires was he running? If he had some sticky tires out back then im with you.

Otherwise keep in mind the stock tires that come on them. Bridgestone Potenze RE5050A pole positions. They are garbage pedestrian street tires.

SVTSR

Established Member
The two cars in the video are really nice cars. The SL65 AMG makes something like 750TQ and 605 HP and the ZR! is not a slow car it also makes what 638HP and 590TQ. The one point I would like to make is that the SL dose have a RENNtech tune which only adds like another 100TQ and 80HP. I would like to see the race stock for stock.

The Benz put down around 600 rwhp and 800 rwtq after the tune. 530/670 stock.

I see no racing here...

Was behind them when this video was shot. There was racing. I am a ZR1 fan, however, the ZR1 was on it and couldn't keep up.

If you look in the third video, it takes a little while before the ZR1 appears in the side view mirror even thougn the race has begun. The ZR1 driver was wrenching gears trying to keep up.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Bone stock (including tires) I ran a best of 11.6 @ 126 in my '05 SL65, with most runs at 11.8 @ 124-125. With RENNtech and DRs those times dropped to low 11s @ 128. And there's nothing to those runs - just burnout, line up, brake torque, and mash the gas. A well-driven ZR1 would slowly walk away... but even small errors from the ZR1 would let the SL win.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The Benz put down around 600 rwhp and 800 rwtq after the tune. 530/670 stock.

Was behind them when this video was shot. There was racing. I am a ZR1 fan, however, the ZR1 was on it and couldn't keep up.

If you look in the third video, it takes a little while before the ZR1 appears in the side view mirror even thougn the race has begun. The ZR1 driver was wrenching gears trying to keep up.
You were there and never suggest racing with honks so it didn't look like neither cars would get the jump? (in this case the SL65)

I wonder how a newer SL65 or is it SL63 would do?

ferfont1

Established Member
stock zr1's only put down like 505 to the wheels, i'm not surprised a 700+ft/lb torque monster pulled it on the freeway :shrug:

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I agree on the coulda been better line up lol.. Not on the hey if he had a pulley and tune it be fair.. FU** fair if we all had the same power what the point of racing anyone?? really .. Coulda woulda should ... i don't go looking for even races cause that sux.. i was in a pullied term.. 3 deep and a supercharged e55 with rentech badge and 4 people pulled us bad from about 60mph.. that was a good race..

Users who are viewing this thread