Ouch! ZR1 Corvette takes on an SL65 - Ego buster

Last

Established Member
Why do people with nice cars make such horrible videos? Both cars are worthy of respect, I think if there was a drag strip involved the outcome would be much, much different. Honking would have helped as well.

SVTSR

Established Member
Hey guys sorry the video isn't the greatest; however, it is what it is.

This might help a little, the front end of a car rises a little when you hit the throttle. Since we know the SL is on the throttle, on the ZR1 look at the distance between the top of the front tire and lip of the front fender when it is not on the throttle (ie - most of the video but really clear at 41 seconds outside the SL's side window).

Now stop the video at 47 seconds and look at the same area on the ZR1 - clearly more space. ZR1 has a rigid suspension; however, at 47 seconds you can see the front end has risen due to the fact that the ZR1 is on the throttle.

The ZR1 was racing. The Benz got the jump and the ZR1 couldn't make it back. Instead it lost ground.

Sorry I didn't tell them to honk or synchronized their watches. Next time :)

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member
V12 BiTurbo SL65 AMG Mercedes with a RENNtech tune

vs

Stock zr1

makes-no-sense.jpg

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Sorry I didn't tell them to honk or synchronized their watches. Next time :)

It is fairly obvious the benz driver was intentionally trying to get a head start each time and wasn't anywhere close to interested in having a fair race... musta been nervous...

Whether or not the outcome would have been the same with an even start the video shows a couple things...

1) There is a really dumb editor that turned this into an article...

2) The benz driver is a tard

3) Fail

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
I vote this for crappiest racing video of the year. And op for posting it is just as bad.

06C6Z06

Banned
Bone stock (including tires) I ran a best of 11.6 @ 126 in my '05 SL65, with most runs at 11.8 @ 124-125. With RENNtech and DRs those times dropped to low 11s @ 128. And there's nothing to those runs - just burnout, line up, brake torque, and mash the gas. A well-driven ZR1 would slowly walk away... but even small errors from the ZR1 would let the SL win.

This...........

Do you have or had a ZR-1? I know you have owned every fast car out there.:bowdown:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
This...........

Do you have or had a ZR-1? I know you have owned every fast car out there.:bowdown:

Had a ZR-1 for a year. Pulley, headers, methanol injection, tune, etc. made about 630 RWHP with no fuss or noise. Pretty damn quick car. Sold it when I got a 911 Turbo S PDK.

Last edited:

NateV8

Established Member
Love it when people are comparing cars and go on Youtube and just pick some random shitty ass videos of a car running at the track with THE WORST DRIVER ever like that is what all of the cars would run.

Come on a ZR1 running a 12.6 @ 120 so I guess ZR1s all trap 120 stock....

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
[youtube_browser]XGXyzceQAbk[/youtube_browser]

120 mph trap speed.

You keep putn the weakest vidz, a 12.6 in a zr1 I can do that in almost stk cobra, that guy can not shift and you can hear him hit the rev limiter twice. I say stop postn Road Test.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread