Pictures of Kooks Long Tubes Installation (Bandwidth Warning)

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Great job on the install. I've done it twice on my car actually. Had it on a 2 post lift, didnt' drop the k-member the first time and it was hard as hell getting the LT's up into place. We didn't remove any of the studs either. Of course after that install, one of the stock gaskets leaked so I had to do it all over again. Dropped the K the 2nd time and it was a world easier. Replaced the gasket and all has been well for about 40k miles. I have MAC headers so they are completely rusted now. Those Kooks look very nice, but were probably 3 times more than I paid for mine lol. Oh, and I didn't even take the dipstick off because MAC has separate flanges for each runner.

How do you like those NT-01's on all 4 corners?

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
sunburned said:
How do you like those NT-01's on all 4 corners?

I actually love them. They do not hook as well as my previous BFG drag radials, but they hook just enough to keep the 4.30's under control.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I wish my local retirement home had a lift...

Just messing with ya wurd. Looks good and I bet it sounds killer.

riverart

Established Member
Dude,

Those headers are something special... obviously that company takes their products seriously. You should drive that car way more though. In fact, if you need someone to drive it around town, say on Friday night, I'm sure my new wife will get a kick out of it.

Good job Wurd2.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
wow man, that install was very clean and thorough, i probably would have gotten pissed and cut corners when something didn't install perfectly, looks great man!

forged5.4dohc

Established Member
longest header install ever,lol. j/k

nice mach,my buddy had a white one and we put my used (40k miles off of 99 cobra)but repainted mac long tubes on in about 7 hr (no lift,we are both techs).sound was nice with stingers and no cats.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Nice. Back in the day I think it was your car that first turned me on to nice OW 'stangs. Keep it clean. :beer:

riverart

Established Member
BTW, the sound is great. My best description is deep and throaty like normal (modded) exhaust, but when he hits it, it cackles like with a thunderous roar that leaves me thinking I am looking at a race car. Yeah, that powerful.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I'll try to have at least a sound clip up soon. A few members have asked me what springs I have, and the answer to that is Sprint Performance springs. They lowered me about 2" all around.

Users who are viewing this thread