Project-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder! Full Cobra Build.. Lots of *PICS*

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Rob, the tranny and rear-end are feeling neglected! Just sayin' :thumbsup:
You are insane, sir!

My stock T45 is going to get replaced with a T56 Magnum at some point. I might have to run the stock T45 for a bit and baby the car.
The rear-end has an Eaton Posi with 31 Spline Superior Axles, Ford Racing 373Gears and a Ford Racing Girdle so I think i'm good there :)

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I was thinking about doing this but paint always seems to flake and chip later on. Honestly, the engine bay is so clean there is really no need for paint. I dont mind all the wires either. I'm definitely recovering the entire engine harness though. All new wire loom and harness tape!

no offense, but I beg to differ as to the condition of the bay. I wish like hell I had done mine while the motor was out.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Paint doesnt flake unless it was prepped incorrectly. Seriously, its such a simple job. Just knock it out. You'll be happier. The factory engine bay paint job wasn't the best anyway.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

HandsomeRob

Established Member
I will look into painting it. I just didn't have that on my agenda. I'm definitely not tucking wires away. Does anybody have pics of a painted engine bay?

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
Looking forward to it being done so we can roll to some mustang meets;)
Gawd how I like those wheels rob

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Thanks for all the nice replys. I'm adding a few more pics this weekend of all the suspension installed. I'm putting the brakes and hubs on too. ;)

SVTPete83

Established Member
Awesome build Rob!! Some sick parts going into this thing!! I will be checking up on this one for sure!!

harvboi05

Established Member
You posted pictures of like a billion dollars worth of materials
Nice. Ha.

As for the bay, clean it. Then decide. I'm with you rob, I prefer nice nylon loom vs a tucked harness. But hey to each their own...

Best of luck.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
That table of parts had me drooling, since i have been a member on here you have had a thread a week about something new you have been doing to your car, this does and doesnt surprise me, your car is sweet and the ending result i think will be well worth it..nice work rob

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
wow beautiful build man!! I would listen to the guy that said go the minimum required on the overbore.. There is no need to go .030 over on that block.. Go with the least amount.. and judging my the condition I'd say maybe .010 over..

CamCobra10

Established Member
What kind of rims are those, looks like 03 04 rims deep dish...where did you buy them from? Nice build, going the same route here, but not as intense, do the bay since your making eveything else look new while you can

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^They are 03/04 Cobra Deep Dish Replicas, Cruizin Concepts sells them...nice wheel! chrome in them looks extremely cheesy, but the machined finish looks great

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow that's a lot of nice parts lol.
Can't wait to hear how you like your new front suspension setup!

Users who are viewing this thread