Rear Upper Control Arm Video....You're going to want to see this.....

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
UPS dude dropped off some goodies marked BMR today. :banana: Pics tomorrow, I'm beat!

Cool , can you make a video with the upgraded parts, we can actually see the difference between the 2. My suspension is upgraded and i feel a big difference it makes, seeing it will be interesting!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its not only about an upgraded uca, its all the parts in support of it as well. Relocation brackets, stronger lca's, solid sway bars,excellent springs all aid in the reduction of wheel hop and help traction.

Last edited:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
The "best" UCA is subjective. Best for, what? Drag race, road course, wheel-hop reduction, drifting, daily driving or?

The Roush design is great, but, it still has it's downsides and is still a fixed length piece with a rubber-style bushing that can/will create deflection.

Sounds like a group buy on an adj BMR Upper is in order!

1. D. Potts (Stanglife'12)

13BremboGT

Established Member
subscribing so that I can see the "after" video..already have upper 3rd link from Steeda installed
RC

Great video! It would be nice to see a video of your car with a aftermarket UCA.

The after video will be done this Sunday as long as the weather holds.

What camera did you use?!? Cause it doesn't seem like there is room for a gopro up there

Hero 3 Black Edition w/suction cup mount and the short arm. The suction cup was actually directly above the drivers side exhaust on the flat area. Worked great.

Is that with AdvanceTrac On or Off? When I turn mine off, the wheel hop goes away. I realize I still need to fix it but some confirmation would mean i'm not crazy.:bored:

Doesn't seem to matter for me. I am just going with OFF from here on out.

Sounds like a group buy on an adj BMR Upper is in order!

1. D. Potts (Stanglife'12)

I have the upper, upper mount, and lowers sitting in my living room right now. All poly bushings.

13BremboGT

Established Member
Its not only about an upgraded uca, its all the parts in support of it as well. Relocation brackets, stronger lca's, solid sway bars,excellent springs all aid in the reduction of wheel hop and traction.

I'm still up in the air about springs. I would think that for straight line acceleration (drag strip), the stock ones may be the best way to go since they are taller with a lower spring rate than aftermarket and allow the most weight transfer to the rear. Handling and cornering though, shorter, stiffer springs all the way for sure. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Very cool video! We typically film these type of movements on all of our cars, I have never thought about posting them.

PM Sent!

I was about to order your boxed DOM lower control arms to help with wheel hop. I eventually want to get the upper adjustable control arm and mount as well. After watching this video I'm considering starting with the upper I really can't afford to buy it all at once. So what do you recommend I start with first the upper or lower control arms?

5.0_SD

Established Member
The video and all of this is why I am going to ELIMINATE the UCA altogether. A Cortex Torque Arm is going on mine along with their Watts Link as well...and other goodies :)

OP great video!

Last edited:

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
Thanks for the video! It looks like I am going to be adding this to my list too. This is my first Mustang so I am learning all this stuff.

BMR Tech

I was about to order your boxed DOM lower control arms to help with wheel hop. I eventually want to get the upper adjustable control arm and mount as well. After watching this video I'm considering starting with the upper I really can't afford to buy it all at once. So what do you recommend I start with first the upper or lower control arms?

I typically always recommend starting with LCA. I have thousands of customers who are satisfied with the performance of the stock UCA, in conjunction with aftermarket LCA.

The UCA and LCA both provide excellent results, in terms of performance.

What is it that you are doing with the car, or better yet, what is your goal for the car? There are so many variables. You would think after seeing this video, that, you cannot have a good performing car with a stock UCA, nor could a car be fast with the stock UCA, but that really is not the case. It all depends on how each and every variable is set-up and utilized. A great example would be, an automatic car with a large sized rear DR or Slick; that set-up will not duplicate what you see in this video, even with twice the HP.

The video and all of this is why I am going to ELIMINATE the UCA altogether. A Cortex Torque Arm is going on mine along with their Watts Link as well...and other goodies :)

OP great video!

Although that set-up is not for everyone, nor in everyone's best interest both financially and performance-wise, that is a great alternative. Good luck, you'll enjoy it I am sure!

Thanks for the video! It looks like I am going to be adding this to my list too. This is my first Mustang so I am learning all this stuff.

If you have any questions about suspension for the S197, don't hesitate to ask. :beer: Welcome!

Nuar

Established Member
:pop: i have my reasons ;)

IMAG0169_zps6f17e39c.gif

BMR Tech

:pop: I have the coolest customers in the land.

MC Hammertone........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I actually have a distributor who sends over orders, and everytime its for Hammertone, she types "BMR-CAB005: Stop....Hammertone!"

lol

RC-5.0

Established Member
I'm still up in the air about springs. I would think that for straight line acceleration (drag strip), the stock ones may be the best way to go since they are taller with a lower spring rate than aftermarket and allow the most weight transfer to the rear. Handling and cornering though, shorter, stiffer springs all the way for sure. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

That's what Ive always been told. Im curious as to why guys that say they dont car about "looks", just "speed" will lower their cars or tell you to lower yours to get rid of the 4x4 look, then they take the spare tire out of their trunk to get a better 1/4 ET. Im sure many more guys on the forums here are more concerned with 1/4 times that Road coarse racing. Correct ME if IM wrong.
RC

Nuar

Established Member
:pop: I have the coolest customers in the land.

MC Hammertone........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I actually have a distributor who sends over orders, and everytime its for Hammertone, she types "BMR-CAB005: Stop....Hammertone!"

lol

LOL!! :bash: Hammertone! :D

Users who are viewing this thread