Redline Accessories parking brake boot... got mine installed (lots of pictures)

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
COBRASVT said:
Only thing I'm waiting on is trying to decide if I want the yellow stitching or now...

I'd go for it - it looks really good. I got mine with the red stitching as I have a Laser red 96. It is very subtle and looks great. Again, if only I had my camera handy...

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Damn it guys. went to the site and now i want both boots and the armrest cover. you all cost me more than my girlfriend. if everyone could pitch in a buck or two it wouldnt cost me a penny and i would forgive everybody for spending all my money:)

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
That looks really good, Tabres. :thumbsup:

I plan on doing that next after I get my car tuned. I hate those little plastic covers they used instead of leather boots. :bash:

COBRASVT

Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
Damn it guys. went to the site and now i want both boots and the armrest cover. you all cost me more than my girlfriend. if everyone could pitch in a buck or two it wouldnt cost me a penny and i would forgive everybody for spending all my money:)

LoL! My girl is getting me the shift boot and parking boot for my birthday. I've decided to go with the yellow stitching as well :D

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I'm hoping to get mine soon ... I've already sanded down the area I'm going to apply the Velcro to. All I have to do is clean it with some alcohol, get the boot ready, and slap it in (that sounds kind of hap-hazard, huh?).

Photos to follow ...

Don't you guys spend all your money too soon - don't forget those hazy headlight lenses (if the shoe fits):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=7945518142&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Dan

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
:banana: :banana: :beer: :pepper: :pepper: :beer: :banana: :banana:

My boot got here today :D ... it was in a big-ass European type envelope, with a bunch of stamps on it from Poland - no papers or anything :read: , just the boot. The leather looks real fine, like glove leather, and is very thin. I'll probably start putting it in Sat or Sun ... the friggin' outside Christmas lights can wait!. I'll take photos.

Dan

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It's funny. My Father (who ordered it for me for Christmas) was telling me that the company told him about how on the shipping form they have to lie and say the boots are made of simulated leather just to get them into the country to avoid problems with the animal rights groups. Pretty funny if you ask me.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Yes, they told me the same thing in an E-Mail ...

Due to some countries' import limitations on certain goods, such as "animal-related products", which is not specified but it may or may not include leather (decision's up to the officer who processes them), I mark all my packages with the following information:
"SYNTHETIC LEATHER PRODUCT SAMPLE."
Stating that it is synthetic leather allows to evade the import limitation described above. The product IS genuine, top grade Italian leather though - as you will know immediately after opening the package (by smell, if nothing else).

Dan

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Well, I got my new Redline Goods emergency brake handle boot project finished today ...

bboot6.jpg

I tucked most of the slack down into the console cavity.

bboot8.jpg

I think the boot looks pretty cool - a hell of a lot better than the flappers.

bboot5.jpg

I left the handle cover that's below the hand-grip, off. I think it will allow more room when pulling the handle. Mine has a little slop in it, so I use a little side pressure (towards the passenger seat) on the handle, to keep from rubbing the boot against the console and tearing it.

bboot3.jpg

Like I said, it came from Poland ...

bboot4.jpg

bboot9.jpg

All in all, I'm totally satisfied with the boot :banana: , and I'd like to thank Tabres for his help in getting me started, and the photos he gave to us :thumbsup: ... thanks, Bryan :beer:

Dan

Last edited:

mustangdan429

Established Member
hey dan, nice floor mats. are they stock? my mom got me some sweet ones for christmas. they are the "saddle" interior so that it matches everything, and have a cobra stitched into them.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Ha-ha-aaaaaa ... no, mine are just some cheapies from Auto Clone, to keep the new carpet looking clean. My OEM floor mats are in the trunk. The driver's side has a friggin grease stain in it from the dick that test drove the Cobra when I was getting the transmission estimated for a rebuild :mj: , three years ago.

Any words on the headlight lenses yet?

I have a "write-up" for this install on a new Web Page:
http://walters-online.com/conrep1.htm

Dan

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Mine's been staying in place just great ... haven't heard a peep out of it yet. I do keep side pressure on the handle (towards the pass. side) whenever I move it - that keeps the boot from scraping on the sharp edge inside the slot in the console.

http://walters-online.com/conrep1.htm

Dan

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
Whoa! Diggin up an old thread but I have a question. I'm thinking about getting the shift boot/ebrake boot from these guys and I was wondering if any of you ordered the custom size for the shift boot due to the size difference between stock and the short throw. I've got a tri-ax and I can't find out how much shorter it is than stock any where and I've even emailed Steeda!

If any of you guys know I would be really appreciative!

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I have a tri-ax handle on mine and it fits perfect. I will try and get some pictures but I am camera-less right now.

I didn't order the custom size - just "96 Cobra" size - it will fit. I have the MGW chrome gripper handle as well and it actually hides the top of the boot very nicely!

Nyarlathotep

Established Member
Cool, that's good to know. I just didn't want there to be anything showing beneath the knob and I don't mind a little excess material towards the base. I'd love to see some pics when you can manage it. I've got all black leather interior so I'm thinking about going black with black stitching on the boots.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Yeah - there is actually more slack with the Redline boot - it is a little loose at the top but like I said - the MGW hides it.

I have the black with tan stitching for black/tan interior combo. Once lexol'ed up it is sharp - one of the best cheap mods I did.

It's funny because you'll get the mail from Poland I believe if you order through them. Comes quick too!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
lol, old thread... saw this and thought "who the hell is bumping my thread from like 4 years ago?"

No input on the size of the shifter boot, but I'll just add to my parking brake boot is holding up extremely well and still looks virtually brand new :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread