Reservoir Tanks From Revan Racing

Slowponycar

Established Member
Do you have to drain the whole cooling system of just the two reservoirs you are changing out?

Are the caps from the old reservoirs a direct swap? I have the fancy caps too that I would like to use.

How long did it take?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...8-revan-racing-expansion-tanks-2013-14-a.html
Slowponycar,

Any tips on the install you would like to share or as easy as it looks? Will we need extra coolant to fill the tanks (larger capicity)?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...8-revan-racing-expansion-tanks-2013-14-a.html

Bad Company

Established Member
Slowponycar, trim the bypass hoses at the outlet housings on the engine a 1/2" to relieve the stress they are under. After that then examine the one at the reservoir to see if it sits in a more relaxed position or if it could use a little trim also. From your pictures these little snips would make it look as if the hoses and tanks were installed at the factory

Van@RevanRacing

Slowponycar, trim the bypass hoses at the outlet housings on the engine a 1/2" to relieve the stress they are under. After that then examine the one at the reservoir to see if it sits in a more relaxed position or if it could use a little trim also. From your pictures these little snips would make it look as if the hoses and tanks were installed at the factory

We discussed this as well.

Slowponycar

Established Member
yes that would work, but wasnt trying to cut any hoses
Slowponycar, where did you get those caps?? The caps and tanks both look sweet!!

props to van again!!
I ordered them through Van

yes they are more than the tanks lol, worth every penny IMO, really sets off the engine bay.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I've been guilty of spending insane amounts of money on cars & car parts in the past, but 600 bucks for caps is crazy IMO. Yeah the look good but MAN!

Slowponycar

Established Member
Those caps look sweet Slowponycar. I might have to hit Van up for some :)

just wait till you get yours lol, can't wait to see all the new additions that you are doing

I've been guilty of spending insane amounts of money on cars & car parts in the past, but 600 bucks for caps is crazy IMO. Yeah the look good but MAN!

lol very true

Ky GT500

Established Member
Birddoc and Slowponycar are killing my bank account trying to keep up with my Ky brethren,,,looking at around 3K for go fast stuff and caps,,,sheesh:eek:

Last edited:

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Birddoc and Slowponycar are killing my bank account trying to keep up with my Ky brethren,,,looking at around 3K for go fast stuff and caps,,,sheesh:eek:

But when all those sweet mods are on and you hit the throttle....you realize....It was all worth it :beer:

Slowponycar

Established Member

Lol. So true. Only thing that I've added to help with power is headers lol gears and suspension. Now just waiting for next round of mods to show up lol more suspension. :beer:

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Lol. So true. Only thing that I've added to help with power is headers lol gears and suspension. Now just waiting for next round of mods to show up lol more suspension. :beer:

That's an awfully BIG next round my man...You ready!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread