Saw a new GT500 today on my way to work took some pics.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
:rockon: Way to go dude.

I can imagine how surprised you were when you saw it.

I would have love to have made a car show were they displayed the GT500 to see it in person.

The dealer car show ussually comes to St.Louis around Jan. hopefully it will be on display then although it is a ways from now. :)

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Manatee said:
Great catch!
Hmmm, I don't see "SHELBY" or stripes on the rear facia.

I guess the important test for this mule would be the powertrain and the convertible top features.

Good eye. I'm sure that if they went to the trouble of the front fascia, side skirts, emblems, hood etc, that'll be the rear end. I read somewhere they weren't gonna be SHELBY on the back, but I can't recall where...

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
v604mustangjoe said:
i first saw an 05 GT way back in september of 2004 on the road in toledo ohio (near the michigan boarder) on my way on a road trip. I then saw a GT convertible in october, it was in some weird off white color and cream top. I saw the convertible before i think pics of it were ever released.

i've also seen my share of Ford GTs because i live about 2 miles from the Wixom Assembly plant where they build those as well as the t-bird, ls, and town car.

Yeah I got to live in MI, sense you said it had an M plate then its official :D

awesome find!

DET_SVT02

Established Member
you cant mistake that front end for a clone, awesome find. Im suprised its a vert, seems like they re further ahead in productionthan ?I thought.

99Fangstang

Established Member
Yeah!!!

Good job what a catch! Way cool that it's a vert. and it looks mean as sheeet coming up in the rear review. I did notice that there were no diffusers on the tail end. Could be a test vehicle thats all badged up. I noticed the hood had the dual vents so I have doubts that it's a fraud. That is taking in to account you are close to the test facility. Good catch once again. :thumbsup:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
DBK said:
Damn! Why didn't I know this thing existed, and why haven't I been in it yet! Good photo action dude...wonder where it was on it's way to? Not much out there for that car to be doing(i live in Novi too, but if I put that as my location, people would be like WTF is a novi? lol). Probably somebody takin it home for the day.

Definitely looks good as a vert too. :beer:

You.....MUST get a ride in this thing and report back to us, DBK! :read:
Need....more....info! This is what I have been waiting to order

drhyed

Established Member
You should have called in late to work and followed it! :D ... and why not a convertable? they made 03/04 cobras coverts and this car is the cobra for this generation. just cause it says shelby doesnt mean much, I think people focus way to much on that. I also think the "only 7500" number is a joke put out by dealers trying to build hype sure there may only be 7500 in the first modle run but like many first year cars the runs are short and are made up with longer runs the next year. see viper/sti/evo ectect. If you really want to figure out how this car is going to go you can gain some sence of it by learning from the past and other "special" cars. And to thoose who point out they only ran 2 years of the last 2 cobras, well 1 year was lost by the horsepower thing and then they made a major upgrade to the s.c 4.6 and then the body changed over on them. There was a cobra for most of the 90's and several lightning years made and like the last cobra the svt focus lost its platform.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I believe it is authentic. I havn't seen any places offering those rims, hood, or front fascia yet.

rmgtc01

Established Member
drhyed said:
You should have called in late to work and followed it! :D ... and why not a convertable? they made 03/04 cobras coverts and this car is the cobra for this generation. just cause it says shelby doesnt mean much, I think people focus way to much on that. I also think the "only 7500" number is a joke put out by dealers trying to build hype sure there may only be 7500 in the first modle run but like many first year cars the runs are short and are made up with longer runs the next year. see viper/sti/evo ectect. If you really want to figure out how this car is going to go you can gain some sence of it by learning from the past and other "special" cars. And to thoose who point out they only ran 2 years of the last 2 cobras, well 1 year was lost by the horsepower thing and then they made a major upgrade to the s.c 4.6 and then the body changed over on them. There was a cobra for most of the 90's and several lightning years made and like the last cobra the svt focus lost its platform.

True. Don't forget the original GT500 had a convertible model as well.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Someone over at themustangsource says he saw a yellow coupe at the downriver cruise in MI. I think Ford is coming along nicely with preproduction cars and testing. I hope this means they are well ahead of schedule.

Amy V6

My Mom Says I'm Cool
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
sweet, maybe you should send it in to some magazines as spie pics.
Once the pics are online... a lot of people won't buy them off of you. I can into that situation with the black Cobra mule pic I took.

Good find. :) Next time you shoot a pic of something good.. send me a PM.. I'll get you in touch with the right person.. and to hopefully get paid and have the pic published.

The yellow one does exhist. It has silver stripes. About a month ago.. they finished building that mule

Users who are viewing this thread