Slow90coupe's NOTCHBACK BUILD THREAD!!!

slow90coupe

Established Member
Thanks everybody!!!
I made a little bit more progress today
I pulled off the drivers fender...man a LOT of trash gets caught up inside there!
coupe453.jpg

the car must have been hit pretty hard at some point. a pretty good bit of bondo is hiding up in there :nonono:
coupe449.jpg

some surface rust too and some tack welds!!!!
coupe448.jpg

oh well. this will be getting cut out and having some scott rod fab panels put in anyways.
tucked the drivers side harness
coupe451.jpg

stripped one of my VC's. plan on fully polishing them.
coupe457.jpg

few more...
coupe456.jpg

coupe454.jpg

coupe458.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Best of luck with the build. Very impressive! A lot of great mods you have there.

slowgtnky

they're just baby cams...
Established Member
very nice car...big props on the patience to do what you are doing...I got my first car when I was about that age. It was a 1966 Mustang coupe. My dad and I found it sitting beside a guys house. Turns out he was tired of the project and couldn't get it to run. We picked it up for $2000, no rust anywhere on the body or floorboards, 289, auto..We had it running and were driving it about 6-7 hours later. I felt kinda bad for the guy but we lucked onto it..Keep up with your build man. Very impressive. Glad to see the hobby is still alive and kicking with the younger crowd.

slow90coupe

Established Member
very nice car...big props on the patience to do what you are doing...I got my first car when I was about that age. It was a 1966 Mustang coupe. My dad and I found it sitting beside a guys house. Turns out he was tired of the project and couldn't get it to run. We picked it up for $2000, no rust anywhere on the body or floorboards, 289, auto..We had it running and were driving it about 6-7 hours later. I felt kinda bad for the guy but we lucked onto it..Keep up with your build man. Very impressive. Glad to see the hobby is still alive and kicking with the younger crowd.

Thanks man! I love hearing those kinds of stories. makes me feel good.:beer:

Also my goal for finishing this thing is Mustang Week 2011. July 18th is a LONG WAY AWAY!!!

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
Thats insane. From the looks of it you have huge attention to detail and patience to take your time and do it right from the beginning. Something that most people still cant do into their 30s. I know what its like to work for so long without spending a penny at that age. Worked a whole spring/summer busing tables just to afford a down payment on my first mustang at 16. Dont mind the haters.

slow90coupe

Established Member
Thats insane. From the looks of it you have huge attention to detail and patience to take your time and do it right from the beginning. Something that most people still cant do into their 30s. I know what its like to work for so long without spending a penny at that age. Worked a whole spring/summer busing tables just to afford a down payment on my first mustang at 16. Dont mind the haters.

Thanks man! i try to do my best but there is no way my car will ever be half as nice as most of the cars on here:beer:

slow90coupe

Established Member
Made some more progress today!!!
spent a few exciting hours drilling out a stripped out fender bolt:mad:
finally got that mofo out though!!!
coupe463.jpg

coupe483.jpg

pushed the car back to admire it in all its naked glory and to clean up the mess that i had made
coupe466.jpg

cleaned up the frame rails with a toothbrush
coupe468.jpg

reorganized my little stash of parts...
coupe476.jpg

a pic of the garage after cleaning it up a little bit
coupe479.jpg

coupe473.jpg

and i got someone lined up to help me pull out the motor!!!
LMK what u think!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks man! I love hearing those kinds of stories. makes me feel good.:beer:

Also my goal for finishing this thing is Mustang Week 2011. July 18th is a LONG WAY AWAY!!!

Man even with that inner fender damage that's a very straight and clean Notch you got there. Wish I could find a shell that nice local to me so I can start my 460 buildup. Keep up the awesome work. Oh and Mustang week will come fast trust me. The new dates are up on their site already, hope to see that thing there. Ill be subscribing to this to keep up with your progress. All younger kids around my area do is rice out civics, nice to see that doesn't apply to all. :beer:

slow90coupe

Established Member
Thanks guys!!!:beer:
Put the stock cam back in. It's a favor towards yourself.

Care to elaborate on this idea?

Man even with that inner fender damage that's a very straight and clean Notch you got there. Wish I could find a shell that nice local to me so I can start my 460 buildup. Keep up the awesome work. Oh and Mustang week will come fast trust me. The new dates are up on their site already, hope to see that thing there. Ill be subscribing to this to keep up with your progress. All younger kids around my area do is rice out civics, nice to see that doesn't apply to all. :beer:

Thanks man:beer:. around here im the only one that cares about american cars. everybody else at school still acts like 5 yr olds and all they talk about is Ferraris and Lambos (which i honestly think are GAY). and trust me this car is not as clean on the outside as it looks YET. :rolling:
heres the other big problem on the body:eek::eek::eek::nonono::nonono:
tire blowout ftl.
coupe096.jpg

Best pic i have of the damage. this was the car as of about a yr. ago... GOOD TIMES!!! i have worked out the dent a little since then but its still pretty bad :(

slow90coupe

Established Member
A little more progress i made today....
scrubbed the crap out of the suspension and frame rails
coupe484.jpg

coupe489.jpg

coupe487.jpg

Re loomed the wiring harness
coupe503.jpg

repainted my calipers
coupe493.jpg

cleaned my H-pipe
coupe498.jpg

and helped my dad clean up his shop
coupe505.jpg

coupe506.jpg

coupe509.jpg

heres my favorite thing he has... 1970 C10. this thing is spotless everywhere. every piece under the hood and under the truck is powdercoated!
coupe.jpg

slow90coupe

Established Member
todays progress..........
pulled off the PS and cleaned it some
coupe513.jpg

took out the gas tank. BY MYSELF that was a bit of a challenge!
coupe514.jpg

Plan on pulling the rear next weekend as well so i can get the underside lookin decent...
coupe515.jpg

found a set of good 245/45/17 nittos in dads warehouse for my next wheel/tire combo :)
coupe518.jpg

bought myself an early Bday present... KYB GR-2s baby!!!
coupe521.jpg

found my Underdrive pulleys that i lost a few months ago!!!
coupe511.jpg

and bought a set of TFS Twisted Wedges from summit ( theyre on sale for $999 btw) so i gotta sell the Edelbrocks!!! (PM if interested in them). Next week the rear and THE MOTOR IS FINALLY COMING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

nmcgrawj

Established Member
awesome work man, not sure i am following your earnings and cash to buy all this crap but who cares. You make it up by working on it yourself even if your dad/parents buy it for ya.

I didnt know jack squat about cars when i was your age, didnt decide to learn until i was 17 and got screwed over by a shop doing repairs on my first mustang. Since then....no one else touches it except me!

slow90coupe

Established Member
finally got one of my friends to come over and help me with the motor!!!
coupe526.jpg

coupe528.jpg

coupe527.jpg

everybody has one of these pics im sure lol. felt good to stand in there!
coupe529.jpg

finally saw daylight again...
coupe537.jpg

then i decided to pull the tranny after my friend left...that wasnt smart! its hard to wrestle that thing around by yourself!!!
coupe534.jpg

hopefully ill get time to clean the bay tomorrow.. anybody know the best way? ive got a pressure washer but idk if itll work good or not?
coupe539.jpg

coupe540.jpg

coupe541.jpg

and i picked up this bad boy from another one of my friends... cant wait to get it on!
coupe542.jpg

im glad that stuff is happening again on the car now!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread