Slow90coupe's NOTCHBACK BUILD THREAD!!!

buddha93

Established Member
Unless you have a steamer, a regular pressure washer will only get so much, even with degreaser. It will get the big stuff, but you end up using some elbow grease.

Got any left? LOL!

94venomV8

Established Member
You got the trick flow intake from one of your friends? lol what 14 year old has trick flow intakes sitting around to sell? Nice work man, definitely making good progress, but as much as this hobby costs I dont know how you afford all these parts on $20 a day when you dont have school, it would take you years to get enough to pay for one part, but either way nice job on it.

slow90coupe

Established Member
Unless you have a steamer, a regular pressure washer will only get so much, even with degreaser. It will get the big stuff, but you end up using some elbow grease.

Got any left? LOL!

thanks. im pretty beat between doin this and blowing leaves for a few hours lol.

You got the trick flow intake from one of your friends? lol what 14 year old has trick flow intakes sitting around to sell? Nice work man, definitely making good progress, but as much as this hobby costs I dont know how you afford all these parts on $20 a day when you dont have school, it would take you years to get enough to pay for one part, but either way nice job on it.

My friends that help me on the car are older lol. theyre like 18-24 yrs old. i also detail cars a lot to make more money. it adds up pretty quick.

slow90coupe

Established Member
made a little progress today...
pushed the car back outside and scrubbed the crap outta the engine bay.. i went through a lot of toothbrushes!
from this
coupe535.jpg

to this
coupe547.jpg

coupe548.jpg

the car has the factory rack still in it! thats gonna change soon! i cant wait to start sanding on the engine bay. i cant decide if i wanna try to paint the bay myself or pay a pro to do it. anybody painted their bay theirselves?

19935.slow

Established Member
The stock cam loves boost and will work with most top end combos as long as you get a good set of valve springs made up. Stock drivability, idle, and it's overall smooth. It will make plenty of power all the way up until 5500 which is plenty for any stock block set up.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Can't you coat those headers with something so they won't rust? My BBK long tube headers are not as nice as I wish they were. Just curious, and figured I'd chime in while I know you don't have them installed. It would be easier to work on them while they are off.

On another note, keep up the good work kid.. its awesome to see something like this. Motivation knowledge and a hell of a work ethic. Car will definitely be something you can be proud of when you're done. Especially because you will be able to say you did it yourself! :thumbsup:

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
A 14 you have more focus and attention to detail far from what I had haha. Nice work young man.

slow90coupe

Established Member
The stock cam loves boost and will work with most top end combos as long as you get a good set of valve springs made up. Stock drivability, idle, and it's overall smooth. It will make plenty of power all the way up until 5500 which is plenty for any stock block set up.

but im doin a 331. and i dont wanna sound like stock i wanna be LOUD!!!:banana:

Can't you coat those headers with something so they won't rust? My BBK long tube headers are not as nice as I wish they were. Just curious, and figured I'd chime in while I know you don't have them installed. It would be easier to work on them while they are off.

On another note, keep up the good work kid.. its awesome to see something like this. Motivation knowledge and a hell of a work ethic. Car will definitely be something you can be proud of when you're done. Especially because you will be able to say you did it yourself! :thumbsup:

Thanks man! and ill prolly get some real good paint and paint the headers... if i dont do to LT's!

Looking awesome man.
Are you planning on smoothing/painting the engine bay?

yep!!! idk how far ill go with smoothing yet but we will see!

A 14 you have more focus and attention to detail far from what I had haha. Nice work young man.
Thanks! Btw your wife...:dancenana::dancenana::D

jareds99slobra

Established Member
Great job man its awsome to see someone so young and love cars this much i wish i would have had the the facilities and tools that you have at such a young age. o and money lol. but the build is awsome keep it up!

slow90coupe

Established Member
It's coming along man keep it up! Gotta put mine away till at least April. Gotta love new england snow.

thanks man. i feel yo pain! im gettin the itch to at least crank it up but that wont happen for a long time :cryying:

got my prostars yesterday!!! wetsanded and polished them for a few hours and they came out lookin pretty good. need some 275/60/15 nittos now.
before
coupe559.jpg

after
coupe564.jpg

coupe566.jpg

Drag Radials are a bit bald lol
coupe565.jpg

hung a fender on it real quick to see how it looked...
coupe567.jpg

coupe560.jpg

coupe562.jpg

LMK what you think. idk if i like it or not. def need a taller rear tire though

slow90coupe

Established Member
:rockon: I'm 23 and I'm jealous haha. Keep the updates coming.

thanks man.
me and my friend didnt get anything accomplished today.. we dropped the rear and tried to take out my catback but it wouldnt come out. we mostly just talked mustangs.we did clean his car up a little so i snapped a few pics... later on there was a CLEAN 95 white Cobra that showed up as well but didnt get any pics...
coupe569.jpg

coupe572.jpg

coupe571.jpg

coupe570.jpg

slow90coupe

Established Member
ok guys i got to spend my whole birthday working on the car today!!!
took off the steering rack
coupe575.jpg

gonna take the k member out nxt weekend
coupe578.jpg

spent most of the day cleaning and painting stuff on the rear of the car...
got it done though!
before-
coupe515.jpg

after-
coupe581.jpg

coupe580.jpg

coupe583.jpg

installed my kYBs
coupe586.jpg

gonna start working more under the car and start workin my way up towards the front of the car. i dont want it to be perfect just pretty clean and protected.
i get my permit tomorrow!!! ill be driving my moms IS300 around a lot!!! cant wait!

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Looks like you have a nice setup for working on it. Good job and enjoy being young and having time to work on it.

slow90coupe

Established Member
heres i did today...
me and zach traded wheels.. my prostars for his greg welds. the prostars look much better on his car than they did on mine!
coupe626.jpg

my 03s looked sexy on there as well
coupe633.jpg

i finished cleaning the underside of the car and painted it
coupe609.jpg

coupe618.jpg

coupe620.jpg

coupe621.jpg

coupe625.jpg

then i cleaned and painted the motor black
coupe639.jpg

coupe642.jpg

coupe646.jpg

coupe648.jpg

then i painted my Trick Flow intake black
coupe663.jpg

coupe654.jpg

coupe661.jpg

and i got a driveshaft loop
coupe662.jpg

CobraJay

Established Member
at 14 you sold your 94 vert? the one you cant even drive?

daddy must be nice? either way looks good.

Ok, now we know whos the jealous little cry baby on the forum.

Anyways, great job bud! Coupe is coming along just fine. Only one suggestion to the interior if I may....BLACK CARPET lol. I think it will set the rest of just right. Keep going! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread