So whose all tuned?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
acutally learned its not 100 miles to reset anything either. its 30. still, it would just throw a p1000 code from what i'm told, which you get that code if you disconnect the battery. not sure why you are trying to start a argument, but bottom line is they couldn't find anything. If you read the TSB ford put out, my car would of passed the tests and went through factory warranty. Common sense tells dealers, that if a car is modded and abused, with shoddy craftsmenship they have probable cause that the ECU may have been tampered with(which allows them to investigate further, remote with ford and so on). So I can assure you, diablos intune doesn't leave any trace :banana:

Not trying to start an argument just merely stating that the test was flawed in a sense that you drove the car. Most of the people that are concerned about this are worried about blowing their motors. If you can't drive the car to cycle it then the whole untraceable marketing that diablo is going for would be a moot point if it takes a drive cycle to complete.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Not trying to start an argument just merely stating that the test was flawed in a sense that you drove the car. Most of the people that are concerned about this are worried about blowing their motors. If you can't drive the car to cycle it then the whole untraceable marketing that diablo is going for would be a moot point if it takes a drive cycle to complete.

well, maybe I can take it back to the tech sometime soon. however, i know it would throw a p1000 code, which all of the ECU's will if it didn't complete the driving cycle, or the battery was reset. But, if they dug deeper, and found the key counts haven't been tampered with your golden. The tech told me thats one of the main things they look for. Diablo does NOT reset the key counts. Worst case scenario, if your car won't complete a driving cycle just tell them your battery went dead.

atistang

Established Member
well, maybe I can take it back to the tech sometime soon. however, i know it would throw a p1000 code, which all of the ECU's will if it didn't complete the driving cycle, or the battery was reset. But, if they dug deeper, and found the key counts haven't been tampered with your golden. The tech told me thats one of the main things they look for. Diablo does NOT reset the key counts. Worst case scenario, if your car won't complete a driving cycle just tell them your battery went dead.

Couldn't you just make some kind of excuse anyway? "I took the battery out to move a car that had a bad battery" what are they going to say to that?

65sohc

Established Member
The main horror is the SCT Xcal 3. I just tried switching tunes an hour ago and my engine is dead. Tune failed and won't return to stock.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
The main horror is the SCT Xcal 3. I just tried switching tunes an hour ago and my engine is dead. Tune failed and won't return to stock.

Holy shit, that's horrible man. What do you have to do now? Take it to Ford? I foresee SCT losing customers and having alot of issues...this is one of the reasons I didn't go with them to begin with.

Last edited:

turd burglar

Established Member
Oooooh, untraceable tune eh? Why must I have read this lol I have a worse modding addiction than a crack fiend

Lone Star

Established Member
I am waiting to tune mine because I have had the "tick" I personally don't want to run the risk of Ford turning me down for whatever the repair may be to fix it! After 60,000 miles or 5 years it's my problem anyways. I'm currently at 34,000 miles and can wait! Not like these cars aren't nasty from the get go!

65sohc

Established Member
Holy shit, that's horrible man. What do you have to do now? Take it to Ford? I foresee SCT losing customers and having alot of issues...this is one of the reasons I didn't go with them to begin with.

I'm hoping SCT has some sort of answer. I went through this before. Got a replacement Xcal which seemed to work fine so I thought I was OK. Now this one is doing the same thing.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I am waiting to tune mine because I have had the "tick" I personally don't want to run the risk of Ford turning me down for whatever the repair may be to fix it! After 60,000 miles or 5 years it's my problem anyways. I'm currently at 34,000 miles and can wait! Not like these cars aren't nasty from the get go!

You should take your car in James.

Oooooh, untraceable tune eh? Why must I have read this lol I have a worse modding addiction than a crack fiend

I know the feeling, my bank account hates me :(

Most of the time you need to have the car towed to Ford and have them flash the car back to stock.

Lol. Well that answers that. Is that the tuner you would suggest to use? Which do you like thebbest?

I personally really like the Intune. It's simple to use, you can fit it in your glove box/center console WITHOUT taking up all the space. Diablo's customer service is incredible and they're dedicated to making sure every customer is happy.

Recently I sold an Intune to a forum member on here with a 2013. He wanted his shift firmness raised up but Diablo didn't have a user adjustable setting for shift firmness yet. He called them up and they sent him out a tune with the shift firmness raised free of charged.

Couldn't you just make some kind of excuse anyway? "I took the battery out to move a car that had a bad battery" what are they going to say to that?

They're really cant say anything to that, or you can tell them you leave the battery disconnected when you leave it sit for long periods of time (like many owners do)

what can they say to that?

Nothing!

65sohc

Established Member
I got up an hour early this morning and called SCT. I got a very helpful tech (Jose-#12) who said that there have been problems with the Xcal recognizing the "key on" position on 2011-13 Mustangs. He was able to remotely update my firmware and restore my stock files via my PC. He then waited on the phone while I went out to my car in my pajamas to attempt to return to stock. I'm relieved to report it went w/o a hitch. BTW, I'm not certain but I think this firmware is different from the critical update they released on July 30. I got the impression that the version he uploaded specifically addresses this Mustang Key on condition. I'll check the version number after work.

Shaun@AED

I got up an hour early this morning and called SCT. I got a very helpful tech (Jose-#12) who said that there have been problems with the Xcal recognizing the "key on" position on 2011-13 Mustangs. He was able to remotely update my firmware and restore my stock files via my PC. He then waited on the phone while I went out to my car in my pajamas to attempt to return to stock. I'm relieved to report it went w/o a hitch. BTW, I'm not certain but I think this firmware is different from the critical update they released on July 30. I got the impression that the version he uploaded specifically addresses this Mustang Key on condition. I'll check the version number after work.

New firmware in your Xcal is a Beta version that bypasses the key ON step.
Should / could be implemented in the next firmware update.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have not updated my firmware in a long time. I am beginning to wonder if I should, or just wait? I have not had to swap tunes in a while since I have not been going to the track.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread