SVTPerformance Ruins Your Workday Productivity

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Travis thanks again!!!!!!! Very nice to know that SVTPerformance.com is a "player" for Ford SVT. Thanks to "J man" as well. Im impressed they listened to the SVT community and improved the 2013 Shelby GT500.

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
it's very obvious jamal hameedi is a very smart guy.. great interviews and great products...

TVSCobra

Established Member
I am so proud of Ford and what they have done over the past 5 years, they have really heard what the real customers have said and wanted and have delivered.
They have hit a grand slam with this one.

I wonder what the final pricing is going to be, and everyone knows that some dealers are going to ask 10K+ over sticker for these cars. I guess I will have to wait and buy a used one or just build the shit out of mine.

It's getting harder and harder to stay ahead of most cars with just a pulley, intake, exhaust and tune Terminator in this day and age. Still has no problems with any car I have raced yet......

Last edited:

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Love everything they changed about the 2013 Shelby. Don't care what anyone says about the front end. I think it looks simply beast and very intimidating. Great job on the videos. I like that you also did a Raptor video. I know alot of those guys are getting upset with frame bending. Jamal gave a great explanation to the issue.

I also agree that the Shelby name needs to be dropped and just be the SVT Cobra.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Ummmm

I was thinking the very same things as I was watching these. The constant ummmmm/ahhhh's were extremely annoying. He would have flunked speech class with his presentation.

Thanks for the great vids, but if I hear that guy say, "Umm" or "Ahh" again....I'm going to SLAP someone.

lol

racerbox77

Established Member
I was thinking the very same things as I was watching these. The constant ummmmm/ahhhh's were extremely annoying. He would have flunked speech class with his presentation.

Jeez guys he was talkin off the cuff with a camera in his face. He's an engineer not a salesman. He was giving us a detailed walk around that he did not have to do. He and Ford are showing they recognize our forum and our passion at least show him and them the respect they deserve.

Sent from me.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Off the cuff

I can see your point, but I have to think that he was aware that he was going to be in front of the camera in advance. The info was good, but his delivery was very distracting. Perhaps a few cue cards or some memory games are in order...

As far as respect is concerned, it is clear that they are continuing to make improvements. That being said, they are utilizing a 285 tire in the rear again. If the car legitimately hooks up on the street with that little amount of rubber in the rear, then it will be deserving of respect. This is a 2013 car that it still utilizing the same tire size as they were when the 2007 GT500 hit the streets.

Jeez guys he was talkin off the cuff with a camera in his face. He's an engineer not a salesman. He was giving us a detailed walk around that he did not have to do. He and Ford are showing they recognize our forum and our passion at least show him and them the respect they deserve.

Sent from me.

Last edited:

racerbox77

Established Member
Not to get into any kind battle about tire size because it would be cool to have a 315 out back ,BUT he clearly went over why they are using that size of a tire. If you have the means to buy the car then buying wider tires shouldnt be a problem if your not going to road race it. You'd probably want to change the rearend gear too. Then add an off road x pipe, pulley, tune, etc....... Thats what makes us guys tick. Imagine if all cars came already modded the way you would mod it. What would we have to talk about or tinker with?

Sent from me.

Last edited:

CXM

Established Member
While I appreciate Jamal giving an interview for the Raptor. There are a few notes:

1st, was to blame it on the aftermarket. In no way is it a problem of Ford that the frame is bending.

2nd, shock travel vs. bump stops. When the shock is fully compressed, the energy has no where to go except to keep pushing up. Everything is locked at this point. The only thing that would have movement is the tires if not already flatten. One you get to this point you get the "donkey kick".

3rd. If non of what I have said is happening, then the space between the bump stops and the bump stop squish area is less than the actual travel of the shock itself. Which in you will start bending and breaking components.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
great info but i was looking for more info on the Rods. also i like that they bump up compression.

Users who are viewing this thread