SVTPerformance Ruins Your Workday Productivity

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Great stuff!

So the cylinder head cross drilling is to cool the exhaust valves. The front lower side ducts are for an oil and rear axle cooler(s). And it sounds like the Tremec 6060 does get a traditional transmission tailshaft assembly (which would imply an integral shifter).

I watched the segment on "not using a bigger tire out back" and knew where he was going before he finished a sentence. In concert with his "Track Pack" comments on the other video along with his statement about what some of the finer sportscars use up front I see the approach but I still find fault with it. A 285 up front isn't a killer if it would have allowed balance with a 315 or bigger out back. Remember what he said, that there were three types of Mustang GT500 owners. Hence, SVT decided that the drag crowd could manage with a narrow rear tire out back by revising gearing and utilizing better electronic control because the steering was so much better with a 265 up front.

Technology is great and all...but I still wanted more rear tire!

He didn't mention the most obvious reason...anyone who goes to the drag strip more than once a year is going to change the rear tires anyway so it doesn't matter what they put on it at the factory.

Blaine

Established Member
lol I was thinking the same thing

He had to BS his way into why they are sticking with skinnies in the rear...

Really.. all around cars can't have 315's+. Tell that to the ZR1, Z06, SRT10 Viper, Lambos, Ferrari.......:lol:

He should of just said, "Yeah well we are retarded and like to have a car that can't move at launch any better than the previous years with much less power."

He didn't mention the most obvious reason...anyone who goes to the drag strip more than once a year is going to change the rear tires anyway so it doesn't matter what they put on it at the factory.

Well the magazine testers won't put drag radials on it when they test it. Its how it came from the factory.

Now your going to have a 60K+ GT500 with 650+ HP... tested against the ZR1, Z06, GTR, and Viper in Motortrend, R&T,.... and ridiculed by them because it will get SMOKED by cars with far less HP. All because they won't put a tire patch in the back out of the factory. Its coming to a car magazine near you... just wait.

Yes I know the Viper and Z06 are in a different category of cars.... but it won't matter. See the 11 GT500 vs GTR vs Z06 article or the older KR vs Z06... didn't go so well.

Oh.. and to add 345's to a GT500 without them rubbing or sticking out you have to have the axles shortened.

Last edited:

justinschmidt1

Established Member
Lol, its a stock car...

if you want to drag race the damn thing you should be putting some slicks/ drag radials on it anyway.

4.10s, slicks, pulley, tune...dare I say, 10s....or even 9s? lol

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Love the vids. Thanks. It's great that Hameedi took the time to do them with you. I'd be just as pressed to organize the multitude of talking points on the fly, so no soapboxing here.

It's getting harder and harder to stay ahead of most cars with just a pulley, intake, exhaust and tune Terminator in this day and age. Still has no problems with any car I have raced yet......

Sounds like I need to take a road trip next year... ;-)

paulboy

Established Member
Great info, thanks! SVT continues to impress with a the refinements. Except with the traction issue, I heard his rationale about the three types of gt500 drivers and i agree, but i'm still disappointed that they went with 285's for rear tires. 650hp will fry those suckers off and we'll be reading about it in Motortrend.. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread