terminator vs. gt500 road course & 1/4 mile

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
:banana:

I got bashed so hard when I said that..lol.
Quite is kept, Colletti is not a young man either.
Unlike Shelby he was fully active at the time.
Also, there hasn't been a 100% SVT product since the '03, '04 Cobra was produced.
Now Ford wants their bean counting asses in everything.
Jeff

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Have you ever owned a Terminater? I've owned a 03' DSG and a Mystic 04' Okay maybe it was a 2.81 but it was def. not a 3.25 or 3.50. I puased the video and closed the viewing screen where I seen that it was not a stock pulley(computer geek) regardless of size it is not stock.

I paused the video and then went and looked at my pulley compared to the snout, and its most defenantly bigger than a 2.93, and its shaped just like the factory pie. I think its the stock 3.600" pulley.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Have you ever owned a Terminater? I've owned a 03' DSG and a Mystic 04' Okay maybe it was a 2.81 but it was def. not a 3.25 or 3.50. I puased the video and closed the viewing screen where I seen that it was not a stock pulley(computer geek) regardless of size it is not stock.

Yeah I have an 04 sitting in my driveway.

It's got the stock pulley on it, with the pulley guard so I have not seen the diameter of the stock unit.

If the Cobra was pullied that whole video comparison is a crock of poop.

Maybe they should have used my car instead.
:banana:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Holy toolshed overload in this thread. All this talk about how much better the Cobra is, yet everyone overlooks the fact that the Cobra was obviously modified. I sure wouldn't be bragging about the Cobra edging out the Shelby in the 1/4 mile when only one was 100% stock. :nonono:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
If the Cobra was not stock (pulleywise) that discredits the entire comparison.

Don't you think the people running the show would have disclaimed that?

They'd have no credibility anywhere if that wasn't a stock or close to stock race.

Exhaust can be excused here, but a pulley would be a blatant power adder.

Somebody mentioned they thought a 2.93 pulley was on the Cobra.

How in the heck could you discern that based on what the video displayed??
:lol:
Because I bought my car new and I can tell the differnce with sound alone.
Stock M112's spins abouts x2 engine RPM.
Guess what happens when you pulley it?
Jeff

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
The pulley on the Cobra looks pretty big. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that is isn't the factory one. I still have my factory pulley on my car with the gaurd so I'm no expert but the pulley does look big. :shrug:

And it is too bad the didn't use a Cobra with 390 lb/tq, ha! ;)

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
The pulley on the Cobra looks pretty big. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that is isn't the factory one. I still have my factory pulley on my car with the gaurd so I'm no expert but the pulley does look big. :shrug:

And it is too bad the didn't use a Cobra with 390 lb/tq, ha! ;)

same here, i just took the cover off but i am on the stock pulley

there is not enough visible evidence to say that the pulley was stock or not stock. but it does look kinda big to me. i think it is stock pulley.

as far as listening to it and being able to tell? :shrug: damn i think you would need a keen ear for that, you would really have to know your shit :beer:

but it can be established that there is a steeda or php intake on the car, so the stock for stock comparo is out the door

what i don't get is why they would post the hp rating of the car at 390/390 (or 370 whatever) if the car is not bone stock

i guess unless we hear from one of the producers of that show (or the guy who owns that cobra) we will never know

Users who are viewing this thread