Texas 2k11 Road trip horror story

IndyCobraVert

Established Member
where I come from we call that "accountability and responsibility" for one's actions. something that seems to be a concept lost upon our society.

where did i say we stop placing responsibility on the thieves? thief is just as responsible as the owner is, and in no way is that a defense for the thief.

an insurance company would argue that the insured has an obligation to protect his/her property by all means, and I've no doubt an insurance companies legal team could make a pretty good argument that the insured did not fulfill his/her obligation to protect said property (because he left the keys in his vehicle while it was running and then left it unattended).

and in the Army....that would have gotten him charged with negligence and direlection of duty.

if society were held to the same standards....might be less bs going on.

but it comes down to prevention and the OP was ignorant and stupid.

This is retarded. You say this like the OP is the real perp. The problem with society isn't that people make mistakes like the OP did, the problem with society is that what the OP did is a mistake.

Also, the whole idea of it not being covered is mostly just a scare tactic by the insurance companies.

Glad for the OP that everything is being covered.

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Sucks you had to go through that, especially in a different state...I had my saleen s351 stolen from in front of my driveway. I was getting ready to leave for work and forgot my work cell inside. Went in to get it and when I got out I saw my car being driven away. I called cops and they never showed up until 5 hours later asking for the description of the car. California cops suck...the car was never found...

God damn! thats horrible :nonono:

semperfimrn1

Established Member
just read this whole thread and i feel for you bro

sucks you had to go through all that and at least you are covered.

hope the idiot that did it pays for it

next time take your dog with you and leave em in it lol

Users who are viewing this thread