The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

Saleenrose

Established Member
Don't knock people about there cars for sale, I happened to get more for a 93r than any other sale I have seen. It is about demand.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It is about demand.

I agree.

Yet, this place has always allowed a Fair Warning post. The best long term owner is one that knows every current opinion.

I have no idea what the price will be going forward into 2015. Since I am not a seller at any price, I'd rather see the price fall: I'd buy another one.

My biggest mistake was passing on a Ford GT at near MSRP. I figured it would go lower. I had talked and emailed some of the most famous experts in the industry. Wrong X 2. It's up $100,000 +.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Had no idea I was a seller either, and I would love to be a GT owner. Passed that by with bad financial planning, and bad timing. When I could afford at old price, price shot up. I sold the 93r to a customer wanting to buy now and for the $80,000 price I said I can use the money more for the building than for a car I have had for 8 years and driven under 3000 miles. I have potential to get it back and time will tell. See how building goes. I still have several, just no 93r.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
What I, and many others would like to know, is when the '95R prices are going up? :shrug:
There are so many statements about them being desirable, yet the market just lingers.

Crystal Ball time. ;-)

Established Member
As long as your driving it, hope the prices stay reasonable. Export brace for a 25K car is cheaper than for a 100K car. Same with every part that you might need for breakage during hard use. Plus, no one gives you grief for beating it or it not being all original.
With my 68 Shelby GT 350, when I take it to the track, I generally tell the complainers that it is a fake, just to shut them up.

Enjoy them to their fullest, and be thankful they are affordable.

Steve

Saleenrose

Established Member
I think they are, I purchased my 95R for under 20 with 1000 miles and it had never been titled. I also helped my Dad purchase the Rosie Diner #4 for under 20, I don't think this is happening any more. They have gone up since 2009 and on, Just depends on what you paid and how long you want to hold.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
What I, and many others would like to know, is when the '95R prices are going up?
There are so many statements about them being desirable, yet the market just lingers.

Hey Gene,
I'd offer this:
1) The best time to buy something is when the price is low due to current opinion.
2) The worst time to buy is when everyone thinks the every increasing price will go higher.

Going back to the early Shelby Mustangs (Gene raced one, a 1966?), it seems that Shelby Mustang prices have increased somewhat in the last few years. ;-)

The Cobra R was produced in lower numbers.
1) It is hard to build a fake Cobra R (almost impossible). The GT350? Not so hard.
2) A stock Cobra R is faster around a road race track than a stock GT350.

Ruslow

Established Member
I agree at THIS tiem it is almost impossible to fake an R.BUT I remember years ago it was just as if not more impssoible to fake a race version of the GT350 the tank and rear window were impossible to find unless it came of of a race ersion car.then the market shot up and you could buy reproduced parts and now can make a fake GT350R.And all but the most knowledgeable can tell.
I think that is what will have in the future with these cars the market will make it possible to remake the unobtainuim parts.So that only the ones who have owned one and WORKED on it would know what to look for to see if it was real.Stan

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Stan,
They are still faking GT350's.

I am going with OK since no one actually tries to fool anyone but tech.

The currant thing is to try to get out of BP (B-production) , and into AS (American Sedan). BP has no back seat and races with Corvettes. AS cars have a back seat.

I've been racing for 24 years now, and I stay away from B-production. Here:
RA2012a.jpg

It's a legal AS car but with the RPM limits as defined by the rules of FIA 3.0.

Most guys want to start up-front. They'd rather race with the big dogs. I say good luck. It's another $100,000 per year.
CA530.gif

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I think they are, I purchased my 95R for under 20 with 1000 miles and it had never been titled. I also helped my Dad purchase the Rosie Diner #4 for under 20, I don't think this is happening any more. They have gone up since 2009 and on, Just depends on what you paid and how long you want to hold.

I'm still in the market for one and would love to get near that price for the mileage. The only one that came close was 95 #3 with a race history and 17K miles. As cool as it would be to have one with race history I still prefer low mileage all documents and unmodified.

Ruslow

Established Member
I have been to some of the lesser known auctions where sellers tried to pass off a fake GT350.I grew up around them and studied them when they were just a more expensive mustang[had a chance to buy a 65 350 or a 62 406 4 sp galaxie sedan for the same money].And quess what I chose! and it was not white.Stan

TFStang

Established Member
I have been to some of the lesser known auctions where sellers tried to pass off a fake GT350.I grew up around them and studied them when they were just a more expensive mustang[had a chance to buy a 65 350 or a 62 406 4 sp galaxie sedan for the same money].And quess what I chose! and it was not white.Stan

Ouch!

Joyrider564

Established Member
Thinking about trading my 2003 Cobra for a Cobra R.

My car is a 2003 OW Convertible, with a Turbo Horsepower Twin 57mm kit. Made 740rwhp on 15psi and pump gas, and 1038 on 27 psi and C16.

Mostly looking for a straight trade, and a documented car, whether it is low mileage and hardly raced, to an all out race car that has documentation. Any interest, feel free to PM me or email at Joyrider564 at gmail.com.uploadfromtaptalk1422124821230.jpguploadfromtaptalk1422124838102.jpg

flattrack53

Established Member
That may be a hard trade for an 00R... Most of the 00R guys have them for road racing. You may be better off selling the car in the Terminator section and than looking for an 00R. Be prepared to spend around 40k for a documented car. These cars have been showing an increase in price since the summer time so don't wait to long! Beautiful car btw... I love oxford white!

Joyrider564

Established Member
That may be a hard trade for an 00R... Most of the 00R guys have them for road racing. You may be better off selling the car in the Terminator section and than looking for an 00R. Be prepared to spend around 40k for a documented car. These cars have been showing an increase in price since the summer time so don't wait to long! Beautiful car btw... I love oxford white!

Thank you for the input! I appreciate it.

My next step, probably a few weeks down the road, is to put it for sale in the terminator section. I'll let the weather warm up a bit, since it can be hard to sell a convertible when it is cold outside. I do have some cash so I can throw some on top for a trade.

From what I have gathered, is the 95Rs go for a little less than the 93 and 00 cars. I would prefer an 00R, but the other two are perfectly fine by me. Trying to transition to rarer, stock cars as opposed to going fast. probably start looking into S281-Es, S351s, and any other late model Mustang with a racing heritage as well.

04Saleen281

Established Member
The s351 will be comparable in price to the 00R. A bone stock Rio Red example with 9k miles just went for upper 30s. The 02 Extremes can be had in the mid 20s, particularly colors like Gray and Silver. If you visit the SOEC board, you won't have any problems finding one. I have a s281 along with my R, and I love the Saleen but the build quality leaves much to be desired. I'm not sure what the market is for your Cobra (it looks to be well done and modded tastefully) but you should be able to get into a 95R or 02 E without issue.

Joyrider564

Established Member
From what I have gathered is the 00R and S351 is worth a bit more than my car. I looked at an extreme and it didn't really do it for me like an R or s351. I am hoping for mid to upper 20s for my car, but it would be tough to get in the winter time. I wanted to gauge interest and see if anyone else had interest in a trade.

I have started to browse the SOEC board and see what's coming up over there. Also contemplating going with a factory five roadster. Just want something different that'll still turn heads.

Users who are viewing this thread