The proven best Terminator cooling mod EVER!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Looks like a great hood for road racing where the engine needs to shed as much heat as possible. Not sure about having everything that lands on the hood settling onto the engine though. For the street my preference would be a carbon fiber factory replica hood under 20 lbs.

Nice find :rockon:

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Maybe some black TF vents could help the look a bit. I know it would be insane to think he would make them for that hood unless the demand was there. Im partial on it, after seeing more pics I could possibly be interested

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really like this hood but for sure it wouldn't be wanted on a daily driver that had any chance of seeing rain. But for track use, awesome! Jimmy, wouldn't a fabricated drainage tray cut down the effectiveness of the hood, as well as reduce clearance between the hood and the blower of choice?

Great looking hood for sure. One of the nicest I've yet seen for the Terminator. JMO.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I agree, I would rather have a lighter CF version of the OEM hood for a good combination of weight savings and similar heat extraction as stock. However this hood looks great, so if the weight and price was right, I will be interested.

Nose weight is a big problem in our cars.

haskett

Established Member
Count me in, assuming that the price (including shipping) is good and the the hood fits well with no body shop "adjustments."

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
mmmmmm i`m kinda torn on it !! i bet it does the job fo sho !! i would prolly buy it cause i love to track my car also

i wonder if a 3.4 whipple would fit under it ????

black 10th vert

Established Member
I agree, I would rather have a lighter CF version of the OEM hood for a good combination of weight savings and similar heat extraction as stock. However this hood looks great, so if the weight and price was right, I will be interested.

Nose weight is a big problem in our cars.

I agree, and while I would love even a cf version of the stock hood, for some reason nobody makes one that doesn't need hood pins for some reason. If someone would take the time to make a lightweight cf hood, that utilizes stock hardware it would sell really well inmo. This hood is pretty sweet looking!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I really like this hood but for sure it wouldn't be wanted on a daily driver that had any chance of seeing rain. But for track use, awesome! Jimmy, wouldn't a fabricated drainage tray cut down the effectiveness of the hood, as well as reduce clearance between the hood and the blower of choice?

Great looking hood for sure. One of the nicest I've yet seen for the Terminator. JMO.

Very good question Bob!

As long as it is designed correctly, it should be able to catch rain and drop it where it will not get on the coil covers, still clear large twin screw blowers, and not restrict the reduction of under hood air pressure in any way.
I have seen a couple different designs already, and I am visualizing one that would attach to the hood and clear everything with plenty of room for generous air flow, yet still deflect any and all water away from the coil covers.

Someone mentioned 3.4 Whipple?? Um ..NO. I also don't think a 3.4 Whipple is going to clear this hood since they do not even clear stock hoods. Plus a 3.4 Whipple would be an incorrect choice of twin screws if the person has any interest in doing open track at all. You are not going to want to try to run 20psi, and then run WOT for 20 minutes straight.
More power makes more heat, BIG power= BIG HEAT. I think that would be a BAD idea.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
How exactly is this proven? Why not just remove the hood all together.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
How exactly is this proven? Why not just remove the hood all together.

OK, I'll take that question.

It is proven, because not just on Terminators but on many road race vehicles, which use WOT for very long periods of time, these hoods have been in use for many years and have proven to be VERY effective at increasing the cooling effectiveness of existing cooling systems and also increasing frontal downforce. They are so effective that on actual race cars that do not sit still, they do not use a radiator fan. Obviously if the car is not moving it will start to heat up.

Why not just remove the hood all together?

The radiator does not remove heat unless air flows through it. There is an air pressure difference in front of the radiator and behind it.

If you remove the hood I have often seen cars actually over heat.
This is because the turbulent air gets swirled down in behind the radiator and reduces the amount of difference between inlet air pressure and behind the rad pressure. That reduces air flow and less heat is removed.

Why this design hood works so well and why it works better than the two vents on our stock hoods, is because...

1. There is more vent area.
2. Each vent is shaped to provide a vacuum pull on the air below it in the engine bay, as air flows over the tops of the vents. There are rows of multiple vents, so there are multiple low pressure extraction points.

How's that does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread