The Ultimate Garage Lift

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
id just get a permanent lift of the same size. Seriously those two posts do not take up enough room to need to remove them.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
great for someone that did not have a high ceiling and needed to roll it away when they were not using it:thumbsup:
I would hope it was safe though.

Iron Fist

Established Member
I would stay away from any two post lift that doesn't have a top supporting brace, without a top brace the lift can potentially collapse inward.

I have a four post, and have thought about getting a two post also.

Two Post Lifts

turbosaleen

Established Member
These are made specifically for standard garages with 8-10 ft ceilings where you can't get a full size lift in.

SOOO yu spen two thousand dollars... and sit on a chair instead of laying on a creeper using a set of 69 dollar jack stands and a floor jack ... that you could get the car up a foot of the ground with in half the time it takes just to set that pos up..

its nothing more then a LOOK AT ME I GOT A LIFT i must be beta then you thing becuase it gives ZERO functionaility over jack stands and a floor jack .. you cant use a trany jack under it its to low for a real one and to high for a floor jack based trany jack you cant use lift jacks under it you cant use normal lift drain buckets its to low you can do anything under it that you could not do with a quality creeper and a decent floor jack and a set of heavy duty jack stands.

i duno maybe if you were a midget it would be cool so you could stand under the car but its realy very useless as far as doing anything that couldnt be done with a set of jack stands.

and you can buy a full size lift for a little less then that thing.

i mean come on guys its more labor to set that dam thing up then to just jack the car up and put stands under it so please some one tell me just WHAT the point of that contraption is..

I am a profesional mechanic and i have three full lifts and for any job i would use that little lift for.. i dont even use my big lifts its just easier and faster to slap the car on jack stands for brake jobs etc.

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

SOOO yu spen two thousand dollars... and sit on a chair instead of laying on a creeper using a set of 69 dollar jack stands and a floor jack ... that you could get the car up a foot of the ground with in half the time it takes just to set that pos up..

its nothing more then a LOOK AT ME I GOT A LIFT i must be beta then you thing becuase it gives ZERO functionaility over jack stands and a floor jack .. you cant use a trany jack under it its to low for a real one and to high for a floor jack based trany jack you cant use lift jacks under it you cant use normal lift drain buckets its to low you can do anything under it that you could not do with a quality creeper and a decent floor jack and a set of heavy duty jack stands.

i duno maybe if you were a midget it would be cool so you could stand under the car but its realy very useless as far as doing anything that couldnt be done with a set of jack stands.

and you can buy a full size lift for a little less then that thing.

i mean come on guys its more labor to set that dam thing up then to just jack the car up and put stands under it so please some one tell me just WHAT the point of that contraption is..

I am a profesional mechanic and i have three full lifts and for any job i would use that little lift for.. i dont even use my big lifts its just easier and faster to slap the car on jack stands for brake jobs etc.

Yep your 100% right. Well....

1. The point is, you^^ don't have 3 full size lifts in an 8-10' ceiling garage. MaxJax is simply an alternative.

2. What labor are you talking about other than initial set up. Who said you had to take it down after each use. Just unplug the hydraulics, swing the arms in and you have the same or more room than a full size lift. Do you take down your full size lifts after each use?

3. Yes you can buy a full size lift for less but it won't fit in an 8-10' garage.

4. I'm not a quote/unquote, professional mechanic. But a brake job on jack stands rather than swinging the arms under the car and lifting it. :shrug: Why the extra time and effort when you have 3 full size lifts at your disposal. Is it because it pads your labor charges. Just sayin. Maybe that's just your preference.

5. I could care less who else has a lift (full size, little person size, jack, come along, whatever) in their garage or if anyone cares if I have one. Ooooo Ahhh, 3 full size lifts. :bowdown: :rollseyes

6. I'm just researching something that could be useful in my own garage that has only 10' ceilings. Glad you have what you have. :beer:

TORQJNKY

I would stay away from any two post lift that doesn't have a top supporting brace, without a top brace the lift can potentially collapse inward.

I have a four post, and have thought about getting a two post also.

Two Post Lifts

Yes, this might be a better alternative than Max Jax but still has a 9'3" post height and can't be easily moved in your garage if you needed to move it. Pro 9F Two Post Lift

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
i honestly would not buy it. i wouldnt trust the way it supports into the ground. it just doesnt seem safe to me.

bpodner

My work car!
Established Member
Didn't read the previous post. I am a safety officer in the Army and you couldn't get me under ANY two post lift with a gun to my head. I have seen what happens when a two post decides it doesn't like you anymore.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
only good for standard height garage.you can get a real full size lift for the same money. id raise the roof before id buy that.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i have this one that i got for $400 :beer::banana:

BendPak P-6, Open Center Low Rise Lift, 6,000 Lb. Capacity

holy shit thats pretty sick!

i for one would love even a half sized garage lift. Im so sick of putting a jack and jackstands under cars. Its like the part i dont look forward to; its not the rusted bolt or the crazy way i have to work my hand/elbow to reach a part. Its jacking up the damn car.

i wouldnt mind driving up and over ramps like that to get the car lifted, and those look pretty damn stable, and i doubt if they did fail, that both sides would fail at the exact same time.

19Mystic96

Established Member
holy shit thats pretty sick!

i for one would love even a half sized garage lift. Im so sick of putting a jack and jackstands under cars. Its like the part i dont look forward to; its not the rusted bolt or the crazy way i have to work my hand/elbow to reach a part. Its jacking up the damn car.

i wouldnt mind driving up and over ramps like that to get the car lifted, and those look pretty damn stable, and i doubt if they did fail, that both sides would fail at the exact same time.

yea, i know what you mean about jacking up the cars.. especially lowered ones.. with mine i would have to make a ramp for the front high enough to jack up the car...

they have 3 locks for the car to rest on when it gets high enough to where you want it..

Users who are viewing this thread