The Ultimate Garage Lift

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
yeah, i would trust a lift supported by just a couple lag bolts. NOT! better pray it doesnt pull those anchors. you would never know if they are inching there way out, Pulling bolts out and putting them back in all the time would probably take a toll sooner or later

Last edited:

19Mystic96

Established Member
Prefer full size lift, but this or the SP-7X would be my choice for smaller garage. :beer:

Yes, as would I.. I would love to gave a full size lift, but space and money won't Allow for one.. :beer:

The lift I have is great.. It makes everything so muh easier.. And for the price I paid, it's unbeatable..:rockon:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have a super low ceiling (at the moment) which is maybe 7-8' with a big carrying beam across the middle!:bash: Anyway, I found a deal on a nearly new drive on, 4 post lift from a guy that was relocating across the country, and didn't want to ship it. I rented a big trailer, and drove about 3 hours to pick it up, but it was one of the best things I have ever bought. Right now, I can only get the car up with maybe 3-4' of clearance, but it still makes doing any type of undercarriage work, so much easier! I have started re-trussing the roof so that I can raise the ceiling this winter. Since I have a decent sized ATTIC ABOVE THE GARAGE, I will end up with around a 14' ceiling above the bay where the lift is, then leave the other half attic for storage. What I like about a 4 post, is that you don't need to lag it down to the floor at all, because it is self-supporting on it's own plate feet. My lift also came with some really cool dollies, so it can raise itself up, and easily roll out of the bay, or wherever I want it.

If you don't have the ability to raise the ceiling then the one in this thread might be a great option for you.:beer:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i can defintely see a place for something like this

my own garage, while it has a good size ceiling, is only 20x21 or so (regular two-car)

so a permanent lift on either side puts a cramp in being able to park both cars comfortably

something like this would come in handy for sure - then you remove it so that you have the same room as before

Users who are viewing this thread