Thursday April 6th Get a FREAKING BACK BONE and be heard!!!

BlackSabbath

Established Member
uspatriot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
My schools soccer jerseys are red white and blue. So the anti-American schools can shove that up their crawdaddy.

texaswrx

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
THIS IS CRAZY!!!!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/8439483/detail.html

Schools Ban Patriotic Clothes, Flags
School Officials Say Move Is Temporary

POSTED: 10:24 am PDT April 3, 2006
UPDATED: 10:05 am PDT April 5, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

SAN DIEGO -- In the wake of last week's immigration-reform protests, one school district is taking drastic measures, banning all symbols of patriotism, both U.S. and Mexican.

Beginning Monday, the Oceanside Unified School District is banning all flags and patriotic clothing. According to school officials, some students are using the garments and flags to taunt classmates.

Some critics of the move are calling it a violation of free speech protections guaranteed by the Constitution.

The American Civil Liberties Union points to the landmark Supreme Court case Tinker v. Des Moines. In that case, school officials attempted to stop students who were protesting the Viet Nam War from wearing black armbands.

"The school has to be able to show a strong likelihood that there is going to material and substantial disruption of school, and if they don’t meet that standard, then they can't censor student speech," said Kevin Neenan of the ACLU.

School officials in Oceanside now say that flags -- whether they are U.S. or Mexican or any other country's -- have now become a divider on campuses, saying that some students are using them to taunt other students

Keith Brentlinger displays the U.S. flag outside Hatter, Williams and Purdy, his Oceanside business.

"To me, it's everything," said Brentlinger "I mean, like I said -- we truly live in the greatest country in the world."

Brentlinger said he was shocked on Tuesday when marching immigration-reform protesters tore down the flag outside his business.

"Some of them just grabbed the flag, and pulled it off its aluminum pole, and it got ripped," said Brentlinger.

Brentlinger told NBC 7/39 that he put up a new flag the next day.

"Some protesters drove up in their car and snagged the flag from our building and took off," said Brentlinger. "I was extremely, extremely upset. I mean, it was just ... insulting is the word."

School officials are saying that the ban is just temporary and that they were just trying to prevent violence. They would not say how long the ban would be in effect.

This is just beyond belief!! :nonono: :kaboom:

Jimmy, are you one of those "wackos" from Texas?

GOOD. Meet another member. I, like many others on this site and around the world, have done my time in the service, and been deployeed away from family/friends. I can't even get a grip on this and many other issues. It makes me pretty damn angry. I fire off letters to my Reps and any others who will listen. I try to vote for those that promise to help on issues. I always have a flag, even on the Tercel beater.
Thanks for the link. :burnout:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
texaswrx said:
Jimmy, are you one of those "wackos" from Texas?

GOOD. Meet another member. I, like many others on this site and around the world, have done my time in the service, and been deployeed away from family/friends. I can't even get a grip on this and many other issues. It makes me pretty damn angry. I fire off letters to my Reps and any others who will listen. I try to vote for those that promise to help on issues. I always have a flag, even on the Tercel beater.
Thanks for the link. :burnout:

YEAH!!! But I'm originally from Syracuse, NY(43 years) :uh oh:

I got here as quick as I could(95) :beer: Then I discovered Shiner Bock!!!! :bowdown: :beer:

Bock.gif

Thanks for your service :rockon:

I had a high lottery number in 1970... so I was not drafted...
That growing up fast that military guys get... I could have sorely used!!!

I finally wised up shortly after my daughter was born...

I too am deeply troubled by the apparant lack of spine... some of these "RHINOS" (Republican In Name Only) are showing once they get to Washington!!!

Over 40 years of Liberal Democrap rule.... makes it tough to get stuff changed!

It's tough being patient with so much on the line!!

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
I have been thinking about some of the items in this thread depicting what this country is coming to, and I hate to say it, but, its depressing.

This country is falling apart morally and patriotically, it is very sad, truly.

I love reading the Real history books, not the current history school books in play now (California ect...) that leave out the most important part of this country, our Christian heritage and the beliefs that built this country.

If we could only have another Abraham Lincoln, Washington, and so on.

I pray that this country has a turn of heart, but I doubt it.

9-11 brought us together patriotically for a year or so, then the anger went away and we again accepted ridicule from outsiders and insiders.

We are one of the Strongest World Powers, but we are choosing not to legally protect our borders (either from Mexico, Canada, ect..) and enforce the laws at hand. History proves that those who don't protect their borders will be invaded, as is happening now.

It is soon becoming appearant that flying an American flag in America is inappropriate, but now the appropriate stance is to fly bordering countries flags above the American flag, IN AMERICA. Why do we allow this to happen, :shrug: , maybe we have become complacent, lazy.

Oh well, I will continue to write letters to congressmen, I will continue to pray for this country.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
AzDropTop said:
It's really about time we take the country back from Congress, from illegals, and sad to say from the white house. I'm sick of being peed on by those who are supposed to be representing us.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I second that one, brother.

texaswrx

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
YEAH!!! But I'm originally from Syracuse, NY(43 years) :uh oh:

I got here as quick as I could(95) :beer: Then I discovered Shiner Bock!!!! :bowdown: :beer:

Bock.gif

Thanks for your service :rockon:

I had a high lottery number in 1970... so I was not drafted...
That growing up fast that military guys get... I could have sorely used!!!

I finally wised up shortly after my daughter was born...

I too am deeply troubled by the apparant lack of spine... some of these "RHINOS" (Republican In Name Only) are showing once they get to Washington!!!

Over 40 years of Liberal Democrap rule.... makes it tough to get stuff changed!

It's tough being patient with so much on the line!!
Well guess what? My dad hails from Syracuse. Parish to be exact. He hit the Texas coast in 68, and I came along in 69.

I like that Rhino term.

I look forward to meeting you and others in the Houston area soon. :D

Users who are viewing this thread