Track Apps missing after SYNC software update

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Evidently I didn't update mine, the history shows the update was done at the factory on Jan 14, 2013. That was the day of production.

mwilson6192 - 2014 - Version "Gen1 - V4.1.4T" and "DL3T-14D544-AB".
Yours and Mine - 2013 - Version "Gen1 - V4.1.3" and "DR3T-14D544-AD".

Maybe the 2014 uses different firmware?
Mine was also last updated on its day of production. It's certainly plausible that the 2014s got new/different firmware, and the data (albeit from a very limited group of vehicles) seems to point toward that.

Here is the chart that has me and apparently you concerned. This is from TSB 13-09-22.

SyncUpdateApplicableVehicles_zpsfb8afe72.gif

I never activated the SYNC Services because I don't have a cell phone. I wonder if I would be offered the update if I was able to activate?
That is EXACTLY why I THINK our cars are due an update. I registered for a SYNC account, but don't remember "activating" anything. What's required to do so?

I wonder if this is a TSB issue and is SYNC related but not a normal SYNC update? Maybe this update is only available through your dealer?
That's certainly possible too.

I will give my dealer a call tomorrow and ask him about the TSB and see if it is applicable to my car.
Cool. Thanks! I look forward to reading what you learn. (I don't trust my local dealer at all.)

Snoopy49

Established Member
That is EXACTLY why I THINK our cars are due an update. I registered for a SYNC account, but don't remember "activating" anything. What's required to do so?

You have to log on to the SYNC page and select your vehicle. If "Activate this service" is an option under "SYNC® Services", click on it and you will need the cell phone number that you intend to use with SYNC. I have never gone any further into the activation process.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
You have to log on to the SYNC page and select your vehicle. If "Activate this service" is an option under "SYNC® Services", click on it and you will need the cell phone number that you intend to use with SYNC. I have never gone any further into the activation process.

OK. My "complimentary subscription" is ACTIVE, but the system still says there are no SYNC updates available.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Hopefully the dealer will be able to shed some light on this issue, I won't be holding my breath.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I talked to my dealer today and the service manager checked to see if my car was in need of the update, the answer was yes. It appears that the TSB addresses a different problem with SYNC, that is why we always get a message on SYNC that our software is up to date, as far as they are concerned, it is. Since I don't use SYNC, I will get the TSB update the next time I need service.

If anyone gets the new TSB update, please post the Version and Software Version.
Example:
Version - Gen1 - V4.1.3
DR3T-14D544-AD

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I talked to my dealer today and the service manager checked to see if my car was in need of the update, the answer was yes. It appears that the TSB addresses a different problem with SYNC, that is why we always get a message on SYNC that our software is up to date, as far as they are concerned, it is. Since I don't use SYNC, I will get the TSB update the next time I need service.

If anyone gets the new TSB update, please post the Version and Software Version.
Example:
Version - Gen1 - V4.1.3
DR3T-14D544-AD

Thanks, Snoopy! I don't trust my local dealer so, for me, the update will wait until I can make it to another one.

13Shelby

Established Member
Track Apps NO longer missing !!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about the "Track Apps" missing from the start up menu. The first and easiest test was to get my spare "never used" ignition key and try it out. Well, guess what? the "Track Apps" show up in the start up menu when using the spare key. :banana: The daily use key that was used when "My Key" was enabled is apparently the culprit here. This issue began after the SYNC update TSB 13-09-22 was installed during my last service at the dealer in Nov 2013. I'm wondering if the key needs reprogamming or the SYNC system or the ECM/BCM or what? In any case, the spare will be used for fun & games until the car goes back for it's next service. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2013 Mustang Owners Guide v3 Page 59

CLEARING ALL MYKEYS
Note: All programmed MyKeys can be cleared within the same key cycle in which a MyKey was created, otherwise an admin key is required to clear the keys.
To clear all MyKeys (which removes all restrictions and returns them to admin key status), use the information display controls to do the following:

For Type 1 information display settings
1. Press SETUP until PRESS RESET TO CLEAR MYKEY is displayed.
2. Press and release the RESET button. HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM CLEAR is displayed.
3. Press and hold the RESET button for two seconds until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed.

For Type 2 information display settings
1. Access the main menu and select Settings, then MyKey.
2. Scroll to Clear All and press the OK button.
3. Hold the OK button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed

CHECKING MYKEY SYSTEM STATUS
The information display controls provide information about keys
programmed to the vehicle:
• MYKEY MILES: Tracks mileage when a MyKey is used. If mileage
does not accumulate as expected, then the MyKey is not being used
by the intended user. The only way to reset this to zero is by clearing
MyKeys. If the mileage is lower than the last time you checked, then
the key system has been recently reset.
• # MYKEY(S): Indicates how many MyKeys are programmed to the
vehicle. Can also be used to detect deletion of a MyKey.
• # ADMIN KEY(S): Indicates how many admin keys are programmed
to the vehicle. Can also be used to detect if an additional key has
been programmed to the vehicle.

InformationDisplayControl_zps75ee2551.gif

13Shelby

Established Member
THANK YOU SNOOPY 49!! The re-set/removal of the "My Key" feature from my primary key has enabled the "TRACK APPS" once again. Thanks for posting the instructions. Hope to see you at the Fabulous Fords Show in Buena Park, CA on April 27,2014. Thanks Again!

rancid

Established Member
I just checked my sync and I have NAV running DR3T-14D544-AD, installed Sept 11, 2012

Version:

Gen1 - V4.1.3

If anyone gets a download of the newest sync version and can post it that would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread