Two really WELL edited HD videos of some Vdubs...

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
i love my GLI as a DD but just cant get into the super slammed, streched tires, pink wheels, and dumping more than gas money into a VW. cool cars none the less

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Wow, those guys have some skill, and badass equipment. The first one could have been a TV comercial for the most part. The only part I noticed that was a little off was that in some shots the car had a front plate and others it didn't. I also assume that it has some sort of air ride as it looks like the rear fender was actually sitting on the tire? Makes me miss my old 88 GTI that had tons of Euro parts on it. VW shows and meets were by far the funnest that I ever went to. Everyone was always very cool and I never met anyone that thought they were "the shit" just because they had one of the better or higher dollar cars. Definitly a unique group of people IMO. This new super stretch tire thing is a little dumb however, just seems like it would defeat the reason to mod a car to handle better.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Wow, those guys have some skill, and badass equipment. The first one could have been a TV comercial for the most part. The only part I noticed that was a little off was that in some shots the car had a front plate and others it didn't. I also assume that it has some sort of air ride as it looks like the rear fender was actually sitting on the tire? Makes me miss my old 88 GTI that had tons of Euro parts on it. VW shows and meets were by far the funnest that I ever went to. Everyone was always very cool and I never met anyone that thought they were "the shit" just because they had one of the better or higher dollar cars. Definitly a unique group of people IMO. This new super stretch tire thing is a little dumb however, just seems like it would defeat the reason to mod a car to handle better.

I would agree. I know some hardcore VW guys, and they are really cool people. Don't talk a lot of trash, very modest. There is a handful of Honda guys who are the same way.

xilovelsdx

Established Member
I would agree. I know some hardcore VW guys, and they are really cool people. Don't talk a lot of trash, very modest. There is a handful of Honda guys who are the same way.

Its pretty much true for any group you just have to find the right people. Most of all the idiots ive ever met were idiots before they ever bought the car so it had nothing to do with whatever car they bought.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
thats one thing about guys who are into euro cars. they really know how to take amazing pictures and videos. surf the vwvortex forums sometime and you'll see some great stuff! makes me miss my VR6 GTI :( and the VW crew are a very different kind of crowd. they're a little more interested in who can get their car the lowest with the most expensive wheels, rather than winning a drag race...

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
That was impressive.

The first vid looked like all the extra footage from a car commercial, which is a compliment because it looked fantastic! I'd love to know what camera that was.

The second video was obviously much more interesting and had some great editing, and was scored pretty well. The rain scene was just awesome.

Not my style of car at all, but some of the best car videos I've ever seen without a doubt.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Both vids are NICE! awesome editing and graphic effects here and there... 1st vid... What is up wit that rear tire being 1in smaller in width and the lip stickin out... Yuk! and OUCH! to curbs!!! LOL!

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
MAN!!! I need to sign in this thread through my PS3 and my 52in SONY BRAVIA !!! Gotta go hm! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread