Unbelievable. More problems with MSX (READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
Deviant said:
Well it has been 3 and a half months and i still dont have my truck back. I was able to borrow a friends car for at least some of the time (thanks animal4u33) and since that time i have had to use a rental car. There have been multiple delays and multiple storie, and he is almost impossible to get a hold of sometimes. I got frustrated and there was always a new reason why the truck was not done. However, I STILL have faith that my situattion will get handled. Regardless of all the hold ups i think that he is a stand up guy and it will have the Manly rods and pistons that i ordered. I think that he is a good guy that just got in over his head. He has ALWAYS gotte back to me sooner or later and i am hoping to have my truck back soon. I have had a lot of extra bills based on the rental car, still paying for the truck, and all of that but you know what i think that i will be ok.

I hope that i do not have misplaced trust and i would love to have my truck back in the great condition that i was expecting because there is still a ton of things that i would like to do. I just think that he had a bad experience and before this there was like NO bad comments here about them. This board is actually who told me to go with them. I just hope that i will be able to post back up in this thread in like a week or two and tell you guys what a great engine and setup i have now. and if not well then dad is a lawyer =)

Austin

You should not be bending over and taking it like this....there is absolutely no excuses for the things MSX has done, bottom line. You are in Cali, I would frequent the shop on a regular basis to see what the hell is going on. And I wouldn't be soo sure you are getting what you paid for. Stop hoping and start being logical. With business you can't think with your heart and "hope" everything works out magically.

Remember, MSX is not doing you a favor, YOU are a PAYING CUSTOMER. The bullshit is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
Remember, MSX is not doing you a favor, YOU are a PAYING CUSTOMER. The bullshit is unacceptable.

+1

I don't give a shit how nice someone is, when you are promised a deadline of a few weeks and 3.5 months later you still don't have it, it's bullshit. I went through that shit before with a different shop (different type of vehicle too) and I finally had enough and went off on them. A week later I got it back.

hardcore35th

Established Member
Sinister04L said:
+1

I don't give a shit how nice someone is, when you are promised a deadline of a few weeks and 3.5 months later you still don't have it, it's bullshit. I went through that shit before with a different shop (different type of vehicle too) and I finally had enough and went off on them. A week later I got it back.
No lie. How about my coupe has been sitting in my "friends" paint shop for a ****ing year.:kaboom:

Deviant

Converting to Lightning
Established Member
i dont know i am getting pretty tired of it but you know what there have been different things going on and like i was saying i am going to wait and see what happens. Dont get me wrong i would love to have the truck back but you know what i hope that my faith is not misplaced. Regardless i have an out and i can get everything back if need be. Remember free legal services... But the thing is that you guys were all on his jock forever and then all of a sudden shit hits the fan and everyone bones out.

I am not naming people or trying to start a fight, the truth of the matter is that i can care less who builds my motor as long as they do a good job. My whole thing is taht sooo many people were fans and talked about how helpul he was and how he did all of these things for you and then some shit goes down that has NOTHING to do with you and you all just go postal. Maybe i am just too nice or have too much faith but i feel as though it will have a peaceful ending.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Deviant said:
i dont know i am getting pretty tired of it but you know what there have been different things going on and like i was saying i am going to wait and see what happens. Dont get me wrong i would love to have the truck back but you know what i hope that my faith is not misplaced. Regardless i have an out and i can get everything back if need be. Remember free legal services... But the thing is that you guys were all on his jock forever and then all of a sudden shit hits the fan and everyone bones out.

I am not naming people or trying to start a fight, the truth of the matter is that i can care less who builds my motor as long as they do a good job. My whole thing is taht sooo many people were fans and talked about how helpul he was and how he did all of these things for you and then some shit goes down that has NOTHING to do with you and you all just go postal. Maybe i am just too nice or have too much faith but i feel as though it will have a peaceful ending.

Well it's hard to give negative feed back about a business that is paying a forum money and is being somewhat protected from such bad-mouthing.

Also, it may have not always been this bad. It may have not been until the beginning of this year where shit really went down hill. Hence the seemling sudden outcry.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
right on brothers :rockon: I'm still glad to see most of you recognize how wrong this all is and that you guys won't tolerate it. :rockon:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I removed a few posts in this thread.

Bob has already told you guys, this is not the thread to post about the party.

POST IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Deviant

Converting to Lightning
Established Member
i understand that and if further actions must be taken then i will take them, however i do see that something has gone wrong.

I have seen MULTIPLE times where quickz06 says that billy is a standup guy who will take care of the people that are still there. QuickZ06 has been nothing but good peeps and i hope that they are right about my car.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
Glad you finally posted up.....

After all of this.....I feel like the biggest smuck in the world....as I am the one that pointed Deviant to MSX.....and two others who have issues also.....I know its not my fault for the issues....but I led the horses to the tainted water....and they are getting burned for it.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
WTF said:
Well it's hard to give negative feed back about a business that is paying a forum money and is being somewhat protected from such bad-mouthing.

Also, it may have not always been this bad. It may have not been until the beginning of this year where shit really went down hill. Hence the seemling sudden outcry.

That is where you're wrong. One thing that will always happen in here as long as I'm around is that the TRUTH WILL BE TOLD. I don't care who pays what, if an SV or ANY vendor gives me or anyone else less than an acceptable measure of dealings then it will be heard just as if they provide stellar service 110% of the time. If there's a problem then it will be handled. Period. I'm here to help and if that means I gotta stir up shit and jump in the mix by pissing in an SV's cornflakes then I'm your guy.

No blatant bashing, unwarranted hostility, threats or unsubstantiated inflammatory claims will be tolerated however which shouldn't require any explanations as to why. Just as I tried to do with Craig's situation if you bring me an issue I'll solve it or get whomever involved that can.

:beer:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Fade 2 Black said:
That is where you're wrong. One thing that will always happen in here as long as I'm around is that the TRUTH WILL BE TOLD. I don't care who pays what, if an SV or ANY vendor gives me or anyone else less than an acceptable measure of dealings then it will be heard just as if they provide stellar service 110% of the time. If there's a problem then it will be handled. Period. I'm here to help and if that means I gotta stir up shit and jump in the mix by pissing in an SV's cornflakes then I'm your guy.

No blatant bashing, unwarranted hostility, threats or unsubstantiated inflammatory claims will be tolerated however which shouldn't require any explanations as to why. Just as I tried to do with Craig's situation if you bring me an issue I'll solve it or get whomever involved that can.

:beer:

Awesome :beer:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
Glad you finally posted up.....

After all of this.....I feel like the biggest smuck in the world....as I am the one that pointed Deviant to MSX.....and two others who have issues also.....I know its not my fault for the issues....but I led the horses to the tainted water....and they are getting burned for it.

Beg to differ Stew. It's in no way YOUR fault for the poor experiences suffered by those who followed your recommendations. You had no way of knowing any of this was going to transpire, hell none of really did! The fault can only be laid at the feet of the man in charge of everything, he set the deadlines, made the promises and didn't deliver-not you.

You all may recall that I waited for almost 7 months for my built mill when it was supposed to take about 2 to complete and then to get it in only to find they didn't torque the cam gear bolts on! :cuss: I was pissed cause I PAID THEM FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T DONE AND I HAD TO FIX IT. It was a mistake plain and simple. I still remommend them to anyone local looking to get an engine build done, I just make sure to tell them not to be in any hurry. :bored:

Any business that doesn't occationally price themselves out of the market or turn business away isn't being ran right IMO. Billy did every bit of this to HIMSELF by not being realistic and he further made things worse by not acting assertively enough when things went bad.

FordFanStan

Established Member
When someone tries to offer a "lifetime warranty" on a less than capable but advertised 1200hp engine, I dont care how nice the person is, it is unrealistic and I wouldnt have gone to them even if I had ten referrals... Stan

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
bransharksfan said:
I want to see where everyone got the 1200 HP from!

Here is a cut and paste from a PM I got from Pete when I first asked about the engine....

Dan whats up? Well the price on our Longblock is $5375 + shipping $250 and that is obviously fully assembled. Here is what the Longblock consists of.

MSX Built 5.4L Longblock
New Factory Ford Block-Standard Bore
New Ford Forged Crankshaft (Race Prepped)
Manley Forged Pistons 18cc Dish
Manley Forged Connecting Rods W/ARP 2000 Bolts
Manley File Fit Rings (Depending on Application)
Speed Pro Rod and Main Bearings
Patriot/LFP Performance Stage 2 Heads
Patriot/LFP Performance Stage 2.5 Cams
Multilayer Head Gaskets
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
Fully Balanced and Blueprinted

You could go witha shortblock as well which would be cheaper and you would use your stock heads and cams that would be $3275, but obviously wont put out the power of the longblock.

The motor is built to handle 1200 hp and our motors also come with a lifetime warranty as long as you own the motor or truck as long as regular maintenance is performed. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

Pete
:shrug:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Lifetime warranty on what? The whole engine? I don't get it.

Does anyone have the 'details' of the warranty? Not that I plan on purchasing anything from MSX, but I'm really curious to know.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
hardcore35th said:
1200 hp advertised on the H-beam rodded motor? Wow!

thats what im saying. i was close to this 1200hp mark, not quite, and the #3 rod was the first to go.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
inuswo said:
Lifetime warranty on what? The whole engine? I don't get it.

Does anyone have the 'details' of the warranty? Not that I plan on purchasing anything from MSX, but I'm really curious to know.
Now I wish I didnt delete the PM's from MSX about a built motor. Before all of this happened, I was looking into a SB from MSX. Billy said the warranty was lifetime, but I dont remember asking him on exactly what. He did mention however that regular maintenance must be properly performed and documented. Now, I know a lot of us do most, if not all, the maintenance and repairs on our trucks. So I asked him what if we do our own? He said just to document it and keep receipts of what we purchased. Its been a long time since I PMed him about the build, so thats about all I can remember.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
simshahh said:
Now I wish I didnt delete the PM's from MSX about a built motor. Before all of this happened, I was looking into a SB from MSX. Billy said the warranty was lifetime, but I dont remember asking him on exactly what. He did mention however that regular maintenance must be properly performed and documented. Now, I know a lot of us do most, if not all, the maintenance and repairs on our trucks. So I asked him what if we do our own? He said just to document it and keep receipts of what we purchased. Its been a long time since I PMed him about the build, so thats about all I can remember.
Regular maintenance? I wonder what Billy meant by that? :??:
Regular maintenance for a 1200hp racing engine is not quite the same as regular maintenance for a 400hp street engine.
For one thing, the oil change intervals should be much more frequent than every 3000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread