Unbelievable. More problems with MSX (READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
this lifetime warranty thing is amazing to me. ive never dealt with MSX, but a lifetime warranty on a boosted and sprayed motor to me is rediculous. engines are designed to fail if you stop and think about it. all parts in engines wear including the block. ive never heard of anybody ever giving any kind of warranty on a motor that they know is going to get pounded. my engine builder has taken care of some issues that were assembly related without a problem, so in a way it has a warranty, but he would never ever say that one of these motors has a lifetime warranty. anybody disagree? am i crazy? are MSX products that good?

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
boner said:
this lifetime warranty thing is amazing to me. ive never dealt with MSX, but a lifetime warranty on a boosted and sprayed motor to me is rediculous. engines are designed to fail if you stop and think about it. all parts in engines wear including the block. ive never heard of anybody ever giving any kind of warranty on a motor that they know is going to get pounded. my engine builder has taken care of some issues that were assembly related without a problem, so in a way it has a warranty, but he would never ever say that one of these motors has a lifetime warranty. anybody disagree? am i crazy? are MSX products that good?

I think it has to do with a lifetime warranty on workmanship. In fact Billy is good for that. If something wasn't put together right, then he will go back and fix the problem and any residuyal damage. That has been my experience with Billy.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
boner said:

I think it has to do with a lifetime warranty on workmanship. In fact Billy is good for that. If something wasn't put together right, then he will go back and fix the problem and any residual damage. That has been my experience with Billy.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
boner said:

I think it has to do with a lifetime warranty on workmanship. In fact Billy is good for that. If something wasn't put together right, then he will go back and fix the problem and any residual damage. That has been my experience with Billy.

bransharksfan

2006 ST Class AutoX CHAMP
Established Member
If I remember correctly (I could be wrong) the warranty covers the engine. You must have a good tune. Maintain the engine. It is not transferable (if you sell the truck or engine) I belive it covers the parts but you would have to pay for labor.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
mf150 said:

oh, ok, that makes. just about any repectable engine builder will fix something if its an assembly error. i took it as a lifetime warranty period. my bad....

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
boner said:
oh, ok, that makes. just about any repectable engine builder will fix something if its an assembly error. i took it as a lifetime warranty period. my bad....

I assume that is what Rachael and everyone at MSX meant by that. Of course you can't expect someone to replace hardware that has been broken through lack of maint., abuse, or a bad tune...that being said, I am not a part of MSX, so my interpretation could be completely wrong.

I just know that Billy has taken my tranny off several times trying to troubleshoot a problem, which is most likely attributed to a bad clutch assemb. He hasn't charged me a dime for this work, and he has been good at following through with his end.

It's just my personal experience with him.

bransharksfan

Established Member
mf150 said:
I assume that is what Rachael and everyone at MSX meant by that. Of course you can't expect someone to replace hardware that has been broken through lack of maint., abuse, or a bad tune...that being said, I am not a part of MSX, so my interpretation could be completely wrong.

I just know that Billy has taken my tranny off several times trying to troubleshoot a problem, which is most likely attributed to a bad clutch assemb. He hasn't charged me a dime for this work, and he has been good at following through with his end.

It's just my personal experience with him.

+1 Billy has gone above and beyond for me as well.

bransharksfan

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
What is weird is he deleted me from his Myspace friends after he asked me to add him :shrug: :??: ... Stan

Go figure after you had that banner:rollseyes

Quik Z06

Established Member
I thought my post went through earlier about this. Billy built the motors to be capable of andeling up to 1200 hp. He also will warranty them as long as proper routine maint is done (documented) along with proper tuning. The warranty is non-transferable as well. There might be more, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

BTW FordFanStan, check again...you're stil one of his friends. Although, if he did delete you as a friend, could you blame him?

Rachael

03CobraBoy

Kiss my ass
Established Member
Just finished weeding through the pages of this post.

Only one question.......Whats the actual status as of now???

Did you get your money back from MSX or the Credit Card company yet??

Very hard to believe you got treated like this. I wish you the best getting it resolved "FAIRLY".

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
03CobraBoy said:
Just finished weeding through the pages of this post.

Only one question.......Whats the actual status as of now???

Did you get your money back from MSX or the Credit Card company yet??

Very hard to believe you got treated like this. I wish you the best getting it resolved "FAIRLY".

Billy, as promised to both me and my dad, both over PM and the phone is to refund us the full amount once we give him the tracking #....when he PM'ed me he came up with a random figure of $3675. But the amount he owes, as shown on the credit card statement is $3425 (motor) and a seperate charge of $500 (heads) + Half the shipping costs of this motor back to him.

so sometime tomorrow or friday I suppose cause that's when roadway picks the thing back up. I will let you know what happens as it comes.

Last edited:

bransharksfan

Established Member
Craig Mack said:
when he PM'ed me he came up with a random figure of $3675. But the amount he owes, as shown on the credit card statement is $3425 (motor) and a seperate charge of $500 (heads) + Half the shipping costs of this motor back to him.

GOD I hope that you get the dollar amount to a figure that you both can agree upon. This thread has been beaten to death and i hope that you and Billy can just get this settled and walk away from this one. I would hate to see this thread continue because of a small difference in money.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yeah, MSX's website is managed by another member. However we havent been able to get in touch with him as of yet to get it fixed. As we all know, someone hacked into the site and made a few "modifications". The site is down until it can be fixed. It's being worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread