Went to the Track today...... 1000hp twin turbo Cobra vs. c6 Z06 505

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Jdaniel said:
"I thought for sure the Cobra was in trouble with 1000+ hp and stock wheels? Why have that much power and try to run with either street tires or drag radials? You need a full slick, larger than what would fit on stock wheels."

I guess what they say is true... Ignorance is bliss! Most of you have never stepped foot in a 600 hp car, much less a 1000 hp car. How can you judge what is fast and what isnt... off of what you have seen on Tsreetfire or Putfile??? Other peoples kids, I swear!

Since you quoted me...I will respond. I step in and see a 600 rwhp everyday...mine. See the sig. And after driving it at the track with a 10 inch wide drag radial at the track, I think I can quote from experience...I know what fast is. Do you? Just keep your lame ASSumptions to yourself. :rollseyes

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
Eatonup said:
At 115+ in the 1/8 he was having a bad day or just toying with that Vette. That car can trap close to 150.

Yeah those videos of him running 114-115mph in the 1/8th say this car will move the fock out. He must not have had it turned up very high, because he wasn't even pulling as hard as he was in those 1/8 mile vids where he was going mid 6's @ 114-115mph.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I couldn't see the 1st vids but I saw the later ones posted up of the 1/8mile passes and that car is bad ass. Especially runnin that with no 2-step. The vette he runs in the last vid is no joke either. It went 6.6 at 110. 2 fast ass cars.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
Since you quoted me...I will respond. I step in and see a 600 rwhp everyday...mine. See the sig. And after driving it at the track with a 10 inch wide drag radial at the track, I think I can quote from experience...I know what fast is. Do you? Just keep your lame ASSumptions to yourself. :rollseyes

Like I said, Ignorance is bliss. My ASSumptions will stick due to the fact that there is an overwhelming majority of ignorance here that talks out of their ASS. Me... I speak from experience also having owned a 700 rwhp DD that was totalled by an idiot right after it was sold. I dont know you anymore than you know the driver or the car in the video in this thread... so keep your ASSumptions under control also. :poke:

2kSilverSteed

Cammed GT
Established Member
1FastZ06 said:
it didnt look like that 1000whp cobra was beating that 475ish whp vette that bad?:shrug:

well the vetter has heads and cams, full exhaust, intake, tune,a nd suspension. its def not stock. the cobra beat him by a FULL second. thats ALOT

jleews6

Established Member
2kSilverSteed said:
well the vetter has heads and cams, full exhaust, intake, tune,a nd suspension. its def not stock. the cobra beat him by a FULL second. thats ALOT

If that new Z had all that then something is very wrong. I know of a 100% stock Z and he has run 11.3 and he is not really a great driver.

427cya

Established Member
2kSilverSteed said:
Had to make me a user name to get some stuff straight....I only have a mild cam and my dyno numbers are 514rwhp. I have lg longtubes and borla exhaust. My best is 10.59. My first race clearly shows me missing 2nd gear.

mkscobra01

Banned
i will tell ya'll since i work at the tmp on the starting line that the cobra did not have 1000hp but it is more like 850ish. Still, it is a bad ASS car! The vette was sick but was out of his element with that particular cobra. Also, he still does have his irs so cut some slack for manny.

EDIT: I just watched the vids and i am the one in the Ford Racing Beanie and Khaki colored carpenter pants.

Last edited:

Bri03GT

I Cant Stop Modding
Established Member
Its all good we know your vette is fast but the cobra killed that day once again dont let him strike you again sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssvt (Cobra)

2kSilverSteed

Cammed GT
Established Member
427cya said:
Had to make me a user name to get some stuff straight....I only have a mild cam and my dyno numbers are 514rwhp. I have lg longtubes and borla exhaust. My best is 10.59. My first race clearly shows me missing 2nd gear.
ohhhh, i have herd so many things about your car. everyone has different thoughts of what you have done. someone told me you had a lignenfelter

Allen2001GT

Established Member
nice vids, both sweet cars, and no matter what there is always stuff said but those who were there only know the truth. let it be both cars are very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread