What car did you rid of in order to get your GT500?

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Traded in my 04 Redfire Metallic Cobra with 9700 miles. What an upgrade!!! I love this car!! Vapor 2008 GT500 w/blk stripes. Her name is "Ellie". :rockon::coolman::pepper:

Lol...I got rid of my 03 Redfire Cobra with only 5500 miles to get an 08 Vapor/black stripes GT500.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I see that alot of people on here got rid of their Terminator in order to get the GT500. My wife kinda force me to sell the 03 Cobra in order to get the GT500. I sold the 03 and never looked back lol.

I sold my 1993 Cobra R #51/107. I hated to sell the 93R because it has already proven to be a great investment car in the past 4 years that I have owned it.<<<But, when I saw the Super Snake offering by SAI and 725h.p., I wanted one!! So, I almost doubled my total investment $$$ in the 93R and sold it 2 months ago for a little more than its eBay high bid (reserve not met) of $69.5K, and am now on the way to a 08 725 SS. I found a GT500 optioned exactly like I wanted it (just in case the SS thing fell through), and I am waiting for a call from SAI.<<By my deposit date I am 2-3 months out. Now as I look at my new 08 GT500 with 8.3 miles on it, I realize that for the $$$ it will cost me to do the SS conversion, which with tax and transportation to Las Vegas and back will be close to $40K, I can actually buy a complete second GT500 (or at least get very close in $$$) to a new 2007 left over at a Ford dealership. But, the 725 was the original plan, so strike that last thought. :bash:

R

Last edited:

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
I traded my 03 lightning for my gt500, then i broke the transmission ford wasn't being nice about the warranty so I traded it in on a 08 tacoma 4x4. I miss my shelby but I think i'll buy another 03-04 cobra. For now life sucks without a mustang I find myself drinking more.

swyss

Established Member
Traded in '03 Cobra for GT500, would have kept it if I could, but could not pass up the GT500. Did not hurt as bad as getting rid of a 85.5 GT for $1000 a few years back. Don't know what you've got till its gone.

OrthoDude

Established Member
Sold my 2003 ZO6 to get my 08 GT500, then sold my 2007 CRG DD2 Race Kart to get a TVS and a few other parts. I miss the kart - you just can't get those kind of G-forces anywhere short of a professional open-wheel race car.

cheftjpeck

Established Member
2005 mustang gt premium that was made into a shelby tribute gt350...with saleen series vi supercharger..headers etc...sold for 26k in May,,,,

5.0 guy

Established Member
I haven't sold any of my cars in the last ten years, just keep buying more. My garage is getting tighter and I think my wife is ready to trade me in if I buy the Ford GT I've been wanting for a while!:burnout:

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
I haven't sold any of my cars in the last ten years, just keep buying more. My garage is getting tighter and I think my wife is ready to trade me in if I buy the Ford GT I've been wanting for a while!:burnout:

Dude, I have the same problem.

:beer:

No GT500 for me though, not interested in the least.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Dude, I have the same problem.

:beer:

No GT500 for me though, not interested in the least.

I had a deposit on a GT-500 for over a year until Barrett Jackson sold the first one for so much and then I cancelled it because the markup was so bad. I walked into the dealer a couple months ago and the owners special order vert was rolling off the truck and with my influince it went in the showroom for a day and then into my garage! I really like the car more then I thought I would especially after I had the crappy suspension redone with coil overs. He will survive since he has a red 07 coupe and a blk GT in his garage among others. At least until I pressure him for the GT and it becomes mine also, I'll let him keep it with the 300 origional miles until I'm ready in the near future. The way I look at it is everything is for sale, money talks.:beer:

5.0 guy

Established Member
I sold my 1993 Cobra R #51/107.
WOW, hats off to you for letting such a collectable go, I remember when #85 went with 13 miles on the clock about 5 years ago, wish I had made it mine when it was available at the time.:rockon:

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
...sold my 03 bone stock Cobra coupe......and my 03 azure blue Mach 1 to be able to buy the GT500. Had the Mach 1 modified quite a bit just the way I wanted it etc. Only had the Terminator for 10 months, got it at a bank repo sale for a low payoff etc....so I always planned to resale it anyway. My plan was to whipple-ize the Mach1 with the profit from the sale, then the Shelby's started to sell for MSRP.
No regrets really, was addicted to the shaker, but the whine of the Shelby's supercharger is a party too.

Users who are viewing this thread