What would a Cobra-R owner pay for a new 5.0L Boss?

What would a Cobra-R owner pay for a new 5.0L Boss?

• $35K-$37.9K

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • $38K-$40K

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • $40.1K or above

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • My wife would divorce me and run off with Bruce if I bought another Mustang

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I want a 2011 Shelby GT500

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I want a new C6 Z06. ;)

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I can get a 2011 GT500 here for Invoice. SVTPP, Elec Pkg for $50,400. I'm worried it will take nearly that much to get a Boss.
Todd,
That seems to me to be a great price for a 2011 GT500. I am aware of your racing victories. Would you rather have the GT500 over the MGT or the Boss? :shrug:

Geez....First Doc, now YOU.
Tom,
I never admitted anything, but that it would be a close race. :lol:

I am a expert in internet bench racing. :-D

Tom:

You still have the best looking and fastest R out of everyone if that's any consolation!?! :beer:
Bruce,
I corrected your comment. ;-)

BTW, I am waiting for the Ford "Roadside Service (1-800-241-FORD)" rollback to come pick up my 2010 Mustang GT (4800 miles). The above linked Team Ford dealer called me, and they had a 2011 Mustang GT (with the Brembo brake package, and 3:73s) that was just unloaded off the Ford hauler.

Team Ford of Marietta (GA) always offers me a deal at about half-way between MSRP and invoice (and then minus the rebate). It just takes a few trips back home to convince them that I ain't paying, in a million years, their first offer. I enjoy this. :lol1:

I jump in my 2010 car to go give the 2011 car "a look". It cranks then dies. About 20 fault codes appear of the dash. OK, maybe only 4. :shrug:

I ain't going anywhere, but I will post up some pictures when the rollback arrives. :-D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
My 2010 GT was hauled to the dealer:

2010MustangGT.gif

2010MustangGTa.gif

2010MustanfGTb.gif

The instrument panel failed. :shrug: There were no fault codes in the computer. :shrug: They are ordering a new panel for the car.

There is No Doubt that these new cars have issues that were not experienced in 1995?

gwen.gif

SDW Racing

Established Member
Doc,

I'm curious about your opinion of the 2011 GT when you get a chance to drive it.

Maybe I'll just buy me one of those as a DD and stay away from all the bling (read: GT500 ADM).

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
My 2010 GT was hauled to the dealer:

2010MustangGT.gif

2010MustangGTa.gif

2010MustanfGTb.gif

The instrument panel failed. :shrug: There were no fault codes in the computer. :shrug: They are ordering a new panel for the car.

There is No Doubt that these new cars have issues that were not experienced in 1995?

gwen.gif

Doc:

Red IS my favorite color! :dancenana:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm curious about your opinion of the 2011 GT when you get a chance to drive it.
John,
I will drive one this weekend. It's a fully loaded 2011 (so not one that I really want). But I can compare it with my 2010. Will it blow me away with the additional 97 Hp and the Brembo brakes? :shrug: I'll give my intraweb opinion. :D

2011Mustangz.gif

I have seen the inventory of Ford Team Marietta (see the above link), and I have seen the inventory of Sandy Springs Ford (where the 2010 car has been fixed). There must be 40 2011 Mustang GT cars offered FS at these two dealers.

Johnny Mac, if you will buy one (or me), I am sure that Ford will quickly offer a new $2000 rebate (over the current $500). :-D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I have more pictures. ;-) (I always bring my camera).

This is Steven and Maria. Steven is the local Ford dealer driver of the Ford van the picks me up at my house. Maria is my service adviser. They do a great service experience.
2010MustangGTz.gif

Steven and Maria threw in an oil change (but only because that I owned a Cobra R). The back car on the left is the new Fusion. :shrug:
2010MustangGTaz.gif

I just made a couple of pictures of a few 2011 GTs' out front. They had another 20 cars under their garage.
2010MustangGTbz.gif

2010MustangGTcz.gif

Last edited:

SDW Racing

Established Member
Doc,

I'd love to buy one right now, but I am making my move to NC late next week. Once there I need to buy a fence to cover over an acre and I have no clue what the cost will be.

Ask me about the 2% real estate exit tax I gotta pay the Lame State of NJ to leave! :fm::fm:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
I found this at Snopes.com......

summerdaisy Posts: n/a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been lurking on these boards for quite some time now, and this topic (and lack of response) is what's prompting me to finally make my first post.

I work for a real estate title insurance company in New Jersey, and I can verify this rumor is true - not just for Monmouth County, but all of New Jersey, and it's not the Realty Transfer Fee that's being referenced.

Several years ago, the State of New Jersey began requiring all property owners to execute a special tax form that must be attached to all deeds upon sale of the property, or the deed would be rejected by the recording office. There is the Seller's Residency Certification/Exemption (form GIT/REP3) for NJ resident taxpayers and contains eight exemption choices allowing for any taxes on the gain to be paid when filing NJ income taxes. Then there is the NonResident Seller's Tax Declaration (form GIT/REP1) for out-of-state residents who MUST pay a minimum 2% tax to NJ for the sale of any property. (Note that this 2% minimum is on the consideration listed on the deed - NOT 2% on the gain on the property. So if a Pennsylvania resident bought a summer property at the Shore for $100,000 in 1990 and sold it today for $500,000 he would be required to pay a minimum $10,000 tax to NJ at the time of the deed transfer (2% of $500,000) - the amount would not be calculated based on his $400,000 gain. He would have to file a non-resident tax return to recoup any amount overpaid, from what I understand of it.)

Now, up until earlier this year, many New Jerseyans selling their homes and moving permanently out of state were utilizing the GIT/REP3 (Resident) form, based on the assumption they would be filing New Jersey income taxes for that tax year and would pay the taxes (if any) on the sale of the property at that time. As of July 2007, they can no longer do so. The state Division of Taxation has "amended" their position that, in order to utilize the Resident form, the seller MUST be moving to a New Jersey address as of the date of deed transfer, or they must use the NonResident (GIT/REP1) form, thereby requiring them to pay the minimum 2% of the deed consideration directly to the state. I can only surmise that the sheer volume of residents fleeing to greener pastures - plus seeing an opportunity to further bloat the coffers - is what prompted NJ in its infinite wisdom to "clarify" their filing instructions

So, while it's not an "exit tax" per se, that is essentially what it has become - one last way for the Garden State to stick it to you on your way out the door.

Hope this sheds some light on the issue. :shrug:

SDW Racing

Established Member
Gene, Tom,

Yup...here are a couple of phrases that come to mind....

"grab your ankles and smile"
"kiss me.....I liked to be kissed when I'm getting f*cked"

Anyway, the ship known as the 'SS New Jersey' is sinking fast and I am a rat that is scurrying away as fast as I can. Its only going to get worse here....so buh bye!

When you think of NJ, you probably think of Tony Soprano and the mob.

Yes...the mob controls NJ, but they are in the halls of the state house in Trenton!
FAGHEDDABOUDIT!

I bought a beautiful lakefront home about a mile from Kevin Harvick (NASCAR) in NC.

John

Last edited:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Hey, Johnny Mac.

I made the move south in '74, and never regretted it.
The one word I reserve the word HATE for, is cold, snowey, freezing, hail,...... :cuss:
Did I mention 35MPH every where, and getting tickets for 37 in a 35 zone? :shrug:
Did I mention the cold, snow, freez.... well, you get the picture.

Gene Boc.

Last edited:

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I don't know how many of you guys were watching the Grand Am race at Jersey, but they mentioned a few interesting tidbits about the new Boss. An announcer said the new Boss would have 430 h.p., Ford would spill the beans sometime this August and that Multimatic was heavily involved in the build. They also mentioned a price of 30K but that doesn't even sound close.

How in the heck do announcers get this information and are they really suppose to talk about it on national TV? :shrug: Who knows, maybe that is how Ford builds interest. :??:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I don't know how many of you guys were watching the Grand Am race at Jersey, but they mentioned a few interesting tidbits about the new Boss. An announcer said the new Boss would have 430 h.p., Ford would spill the beans sometime this August and that Multimatic was heavily involved in the build. They also mentioned a price of 30K but that doesn't even sound close.

How in the heck do announcers get this information and are they really suppose to talk about it on national TV? :shrug: Who knows, maybe that is how Ford builds interest. :??:

August?!!? :eek: How come nobody tells us these things!?!? :dw:

$30K?!?! You're shitting me, right!?!?! :uh oh:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd love to buy one right now, but I am making my move to NC late next week. Once there I need to buy a fence to cover over an acre and I have no clue what the cost will be.
The fence will be cheap. Just hire an illegal immigrant like the rest of us do. ;-)

I bought a beautiful lakefront home about a mile from Kevin Harvick (NASCAR) in NC.
Is that Lake Norman? You are a lucky dog. You will love NC. And your new home track will be VIR!

We'll give you a house warming party if there are any sheep involved!

I have watched the Grand-Am Cont. race twice since its first broadcast (tape delayed) from New Jersey Motorsports Park.

The Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge is the best racing in the world. They had the lowest grid of any of their races this year although there were still 54 cars going full-blast in two classes (including 8 Mustangs).
Results

August?!!? :eek: How come nobody tells us these things?
Bruce,
There is No Doubt that you spend much too time at work. You need to lighten your work time and use it to waste time on the intraweb. :D

IMO, many guys around here know exactly what the new Boss will be. They are avoiding this discussion as if this is the Black Death (or Black Plague) in early Europe. :dw: :-D

I understand, but I'll offer something.

I drove the 2011 Mustang. Here:
2011MustangGT.gif

I still do not know. I drove a car but couldn't really form an opinion. It was in east Cobb County (GA). It was a main four lane arty of Atlanta (Hwy 41, with a 55 Mph speed limit).

The 6-speed is sweet. The power is there. I turned off the main highway and turned off the traction control, and then the salesman quickly turned it back on. :shrug:

The brakes are excellent:
2011MustangGTa.gif

I think that I will wait for the Boss.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Doc,

Sorry for being late to this discussion but I've been on vacation and not following the threads as much as I should be.

I feel your pain on your car troubles. Take for example today; One of the guys borrows my car because I have the only stock 2011 GT in the office and he needs to load a revised calibration and dyno the car to confirm hp numbers. I'm supposed to have the car back by 4:00 but they decided to keep it overnight. So now I have to figure out how to get home.

All the other Mustangs were already spoken for so I was left with a Focus

2009-Ford-Focus-RS-7.jpg

It was even green.....life really sucks :rockon:

P.S. The car is just as good as everything you read about. AND you are definitely a rock star when you drive it!! Yes, the new job really sucks.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread