Who has the High Boost intake with a SCT BA2600 and who tuned it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
So, I'm stumped to what is going on. All I have is a 2.7 upper, BA2600 MAF, KB BAP, and High Boost Intake. Nothing complicated and still can't get it tuned right. I had tuner send me two tunes. one for the stock MAF/stock intake and one for the 2600/high boost setup. Car runs like shit with 2.7, BAP, HB, and 2600. So, I left on the BAP and the 2.7, put on the stock intake and stock MAF, then uploaded stock MAF tune and car runs fine. We were thinking it was a bad 2600. So, I bought another new 2600. Car still runs like shit with HB Intake and new 2600. But runs fine with the stock MAF and stock intake and stock MAF tune. Car is barely driveable with HB intake and 2600 MAF. The previous tune he sent me for the 2600/Hb intake setup was better, I was atleast able to drive it, but as soon as I get on it, it goes 14-15 lean. What's going on here? Do I not have enough power to run the HB intake and a 2600 MAF? Fuel pumps are at 84%

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
I have the high boost with the stock meter in it no issues tuned by Kevin hand (wicked motorsports)

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
Have you tried actually strapping it down on a dyno in order to work out the issues?

Ontariomystic

Established Member
I have the molded maf gen 2 with the ba2600, my experience using the PRP is i also had to add approx. 30% to the base 2600 value file to get the afr close. My setup currently is stock pullied eaton, stock pumps and injectors. Obviously the maf reading in a 110mm tube instead of a 90mm housing skews the maf table substantially. These intakes need a custom tune for sure, mail order tunes will be very difficult.

Swervedriver

Established Member
I tuned mine with the PRP, molded high boost, BA2600, ID1000s, Ported gen 1 FRPP 2.3 whipple, FR500 cams setup with a lot of split to minimize overlap, headers, auto, 10.5:1 flat top pistons, dual pro 044 pumps return fuel, E85...

The value files were WAY OFF. I had to make pretty big adjustments to manifold volume and the Maf Xfer. Idle load was WAY high so I ended up adjusting Engine Displacement to bring that down to a reasonable level.

It still will do a weird thing where if I lean in just past the open loop throttle position threshold, it goes 12 or 13.x rich then when I left a little the fuel trims pull it really lean. I know I just need to raise the open/closed loop TP points but It doesn't really bother me since the car is an auto.

masterjr33

Established Member
how did the maf act on a stock eaton and pulley? i am considering one of them on my cobra with a SBTB and a 2.7 pulley and exhaust.
i hope the tuners figure these out.

Ontariomystic

Established Member
how did the maf act on a stock eaton and pulley? i am considering one of them on my cobra with a SBTB and a 2.7 pulley and exhaust.
i hope the tuners figure these out.

No driveability issues i have noticed. Seems people think there is something wrong having to add that much fuel to get it working right. Thats where my car being all stock is a good example of how the car will react when putting these mafs in a larger than designed housing.

03Steve

Established Member
Post up a screenshot of the graphed MAF output. I've seen the high boost arrangements put out dirty signals. The A/D counts were choppy, swinging 20-30+ at idle. 5 is ideal.

Ontariomystic

Established Member
Post up a screenshot of the graphed MAF output. I've seen the high boost arrangements put out dirty signals. The A/D counts were choppy, swinging 20-30+ at idle. 5 is ideal.

Glad you chimed in...didn't you create a value file a while back for this setup?

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
What about trying a different tuner?

I am on my second tuner. I thought it was my first tuner that was the problem. I'm currently using rick at Amazon. He's been trying to help me figure out what is going on, unlike the first tuner I was using. Rick was thinking a bad MAF as well, So I bought a new MAF

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Have you tried actually strapping it down on a dyno in order to work out the issues?

No, I have not. Wouldnt datalogging it on the road be the samething? And there isnt anyone good around me to do dyno tunes. Theres one shop an hour away, but they want like 700 for a tune. And I'm not all for that.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I have the next gen high boost with a BA2600 tuned by Brent Hughes at DTP tuning in VA Beach.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I have the gen 2 hb kit with 2600, I recall my tuner saying the maf housing/tube was not perfectly round and was causing a few issues he worked out, and that if it was in a aluminum housing that a was a true 110mm it would be easer too tune, in the end he still tuned it and runs great,

03Steve

Established Member
Glad you chimed in...didn't you create a value file a while back for this setup?

I've created an Excel utility for MAF/fueling calculations with respect to tube size and other variables.

I recently did a start up file for a 2.8LC Kenne Bell car that has a stock 03 Cobra element from a 90mm in a larger 110mm tube. The 110mm tube is 49% larger. That increase in size is the starting point on the transfer function.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
How do you have the stock meter in it when the bolt pattern is different between the stock maf and the 2600?

I modified it to work and redrilled and taped for the small footprint saddle.

I also run the stock meter on most of the ported cars in the 500rw range. :)

I like to think outside the box. :rockon:

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
I modified it to work and redrilled and taped for the small footprint saddle.

I also run the stock meter on most of the ported cars in the 500rw range. :)

I like to think outside the box. :rockon:

Of course!! Drill and tap.. Why didn't I think of that:nonono:
I would of saved myself a whooooole lot of time and money. So, after 12 tunes and 24 datalogs tuner decided to set the tune for a BA 3000 MAF instead of my 2600 and cars runs perfect. With AFR 11.5ish. Anyone had this happen to you?

Skud

Established Member

I have seen this personally on my car. With the Gen 2 High Boost and a VMP 3500 slot MAF the counts jump around +/- 15 to 20 at idle and even during cruise. If the transfer function isn't *perfect* you will have idle issues and well as possibly some bucking/hitching during cruise.

This is because with the dirty signal the PCM is always jumping between MAF points. If the points don't make a smooth transition then fuelling will always be changing.

I had a less dirty signal with the original High Boost intake and BA2400. I used a piece of screen in front of the MAF to clean up the signal. With the screen it only varies +/- 5 to 7 counts.

Riley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread