Why listen to Van??!?!?!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I didnt see much oil on my intake tube today...but ill end up with another OS in the future...great product

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
meaning?? I have not messed with the oil yet, still has what it had when it came off the line however I will check it...

It would be interesting to see how much oil would accumulate in the reservoir if the oil level was in the middle of the hash marks.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Gotta agree!!! Van is the man... But at the time I had the JLT and didn't want to spend the money to upgrade to Bob's oil separator... Wish I knew Van before I bought the JLT.....

mullens

Established Member
+1. Van is the man! Had an snafu with my order yesterday, Van personally called me and fixed the situation. Best customer service ever! Very knowledgeable, and very personalized service!

Totally agreee. I had an issue with my separator and Van answered his phone at 9pm. Awesome customer service.

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
The jlt is a good product and what I had bought since it was the popular choice at the time, the inlet/outlet is lined up even which does let a little oil get through. I believe bobs separator is offset which catches everything.

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
I've got a set of JLT's on mine - was on the car within 30 minutes of getting home from the dealer. I'll let you all know if I get the same results from mine after I put some more miles on her.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
Can you post pics of where/how you have the drivers side mounted please.

Here a picture of the driver side Bob's separator on mine.
IMG_13601.jpg

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Van,
Can the separator be rebuilt? Can the filter be cleaned?

You will never need to rebuilt it, but if you want to clean it out, you can unscrew the top half and spray some carb cleaner through the screen and let it drain out the bottom valve.

If somehow, some reason you do need to rebuilt it, I can make the parts available, but I don't see this ever being needed.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Thanks! I'm interested to see how much that can will pick up on the drivers side.

I just emptied both of mine after 1000 miles and I had about the same as Devious, in the passenger side. In the drivers side I had about 4 or 5 drops.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Are any of you with the Bob's also running Amsoil 10w40 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread