WOMACK03 vs FOOFINATOR

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
The 3.4 owner also claims to have blown a boost line off the back of the blower at the end of 3rd gear. The tq. advantage is very evident on the hit. Once all the troubleshooting is done the car will be nasty. 750/740 most likely.

I love all the haters that think the 3.4L is a plug and play unit that just bolts on and runs. It wasn't made specifically for the Cobra so it takes a little messing with, especially if the tuners haven't had their hands on this blower before.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Ouch foofy !!! Something is just not right brother... Good run Jason !

I think the inlet (CAI) side is choking the power on that big ass blower foof. You probably need to go to a 12" filter setup like the big JLT with maybe even a 05+ slot type meter in a bigger maf housing... That is the reason why you are showing so much torque on the hit but not the matching horsepower it should be holding all the way to the top of the RPM range... That big blower should be pulling like a centrifugal up top bro...

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Sinultros said:
740tq? That's freaking ridiculous. But I did expect the hp #s to be higher. I still think the 3.4L is probably too big for our 281 and even 302ci modulars. Bad ass car, nonetheless.
Exactly,
Big blowers need more breathing.
2.6L makes great HP. Besides how much HP can these old fox body based cars take without make it uncontrollable on the street?
I can lay it down in third... Scares the shit out of me!

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
xtremejc said:

I think the inlet (CAI) side is choking the power on that big ass blower foof. You probably need to go to a 12" filter setup like the big JLT with maybe even a 05+ slot type meter in a bigger maf housing... That is the reason why you are showing so much torque on the hit but not the matching horsepower it should be holding all the way to the top of the RPM range... That big blower should be pulling like a centrifugal up top bro...

I think part of the problem IS getting the MAF to work on his car. Manny has been fighting with it the last couple tune sessions from what I understand. They'll get it right and the car should be nasty.

http://media.putfile.com/Foofwomack this link has a somewhat better picture quality but not too much.

04torchred

Established Member
xtremejc said:

You are correct he needs a bigger cold air intake, a 12" filter minimum. That 3.4L whipple can move 1567cfm's of air and that 9" filter is only good for 1050cfm's.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/12-jlt-really-better-than-9-a-46923.html

Here is a thread with some good info, do a search under Dave King on modularfords he did a custom 13" filter on his JLT high boost kit and found some interesting gains even over the 12" filter so you are big time choking that blower foof!!

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
The 3.4 owner also claims to have blown a boost line off the back of the blower at the end of 3rd gear. The tq. advantage is very evident on the hit. Once all the troubleshooting is done the car will be nasty. 750/740 most likely.

I love all the haters that think the 3.4L is a plug and play unit that just bolts on and runs. It wasn't made specifically for the Cobra so it takes a little messing with, especially if the tuners haven't had their hands on this blower before.

Look at your sig, might jar a memory on why you shouldn't post.

The CAI is killin him, so he needs to change that out. If the boost line so called "blew" off the back of the blower, I have had that happen and it causes your car to temporarily go lean, so be careful and just put some hose clamps on them, that's what I did and haven't had the problem yet.

Common

Established Member
musclefan21 said:
first of all how come a 27psi 3.4 makes 640hp on 120 octane race gas? i would expect to see around 750+rwhp.:shrug:

This guy I know made 714 on pump gas(302 block) and 93 octane. Something is wrong here.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
04torchred said:
You are correct he needs a bigger cold air intake, a 12" filter minimum. That 3.4L whipple can move 1567cfm's of air and that 9" filter is only good for 1050cfm's.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/12-jlt-really-better-than-9-a-46923.html

Here is a thread with some good info, do a search under Dave King on modularfords he did a custom 13" filter on his JLT high boost kit and found some interesting gains even over the 12" filter so you are big time choking that blower foof!!
Schyler, He has a 12" or better filter on there now. They took the MAF element out of the stock housing and bolted it directly to the bottom of the JLT under the hood. (Using the JLT as the MAF housing) The MAF is not in the fender anymore.

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
black2003svt said:
I thought it was the blue cobra vs the yellow cobra????? In the vid its somebody racing the red cobra??

It was blue vs. yellow...Look at the 4" cowl hood.
We were using a shitty camara, but better than nothing.

He shot his pcv breather tube off when he shifted to 4th, otherwise, he would have put another 3/4 car on me.
You can't hear my car shift, but it was well before you hear him shift in the vid. You can see that when he shifts, his car starts loosing ground quickly.

His car is faster than mine, but I will take the win.

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Ryan.K. said:
Look at your sig, might jar a memory on why you shouldn't post.

The CAI is killin him, so he needs to change that out. If the boost line so called "blew" off the back of the blower, I have had that happen and it causes your car to temporarily go lean, so be careful and just put some hose clamps on them, that's what I did and haven't had the problem yet.

Like I said, once all the problems have been troubleshot. See sig.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
WOMACK03 said:
It was blue vs. yellow...Look at the 4" cowl hood.
We were using a shitty camara, but better than nothing.

He shot his pcv breather tube off when he shifted to 4th, otherwise, he would have put another 3/4 car on me.
You can't hear my car shift, but it was well before you hear him shift in the vid. You can see that when he shifts, his car starts loosing ground quickly.

His car is faster than mine, but I will take the win.

Shitty camera?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
good runs fellas.

but dont you know that on svtp everyone knows everything! even if they live 1/2 way across the U.S. and have a stock cobra and they dont know what you have.... sheesh cant believe yall forgot that. /sarcasm

=)

04torchred

Established Member
04sleeper said:
Schyler, He has a 12" or better filter on there now. They took the MAF element out of the stock housing and bolted it directly to the bottom of the JLT under the hood. (Using the JLT as the MAF housing) The MAF is not in the fender anymore.

Okay. That sounds sort of half assed to me and like they would be getting a ton of wash or bad reading off the MAF that way. The element must be almost right at that elbow where it makes the bend up to the throttle body. I hope he gets the bugs worked out though. I just posted that because Dave King picked up like 30 MAF counts going from a 12" to a 13" filter on the high boost kit and 1psi of boost.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
The outcome doesnt really surprise me. You CANNOT run 25+ lbs of boost on the street with any success with a twin screw blower. They are heat boxes, and wont last driving around and doing highway pulls. The only way you'll get the benefit outta the big ass blowers would be at the dragstrip, with one helluva a ice box system to keep the IATs down. Other than that, a slower spun, cooler setup is going to win out alot of the time. 19-21 lbs is max for the street as far as heat goes IMHO.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Crazy belt slip, it's not 30 pounds up top. Shifted to fourth.. popped a BIG boost line.

Anyone who thinks my numbers are low, suck a dick and come race me. :thumbsup:

Combo is not finished.. this is obvious by the nice sound of my belt peeling out on the blower pulley and my boost gauge twitching wildly.

Boost falls below 24 up top.. the 30 PSI number would be 700++ rwtq.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread