Wrecked the Cobra....

drptitan

Established Member
Find someone with a Diablo and check that code....find out exactly what it is and call PSI.

Ya i pulled it with my SCT and it was a 1233 and a 0190. The 1233 I know is fuel system off line. had it thrown when my BAP went out not sure of the other.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
That sucks man! Just a little heads up, his insurance company might try to not cover the damage to the front of your car. They might try to say had you not been so close to the other car the front damage may never have happened. I hope they treat you right though man, good luck!!!!

LS1-Larry

Established Member
Man sorry to see that...........good luck in getting it fixed.......thats a hell of a way to get those rock chips fixed for free!(Just kidding)
LOL@ the Probed in the rear!
I just realized your in Houston.........I know a guy at a paint and body shop off of hwy59 and Murphy rd.......Im not personal friends with him but I have a buddy who works there and i believe he is on this website any way he had his 04 Cobra wrecked WAAAAAY worst than that and it came out awesome let me know if you want to hook up with these guys.......I know you dont know me but believe me if I was in this situation this would be where I would take my car.........especialy after seeing the work they did on my buddies Cobra!
John
e-mail me
[email protected]

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
Ya the guy in the probe is at fault and recieved a ticket at the scene. I hope all is fixed and it gets back to the prestine car it was.

What do yall think of doing the HO fiberglass cowl??

ive heard lots of good things about that company-fit perfect and good prices, im going to order one soon for my fox

accidents suck, hope you make out well getting it fixed

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
that's shitty but atleast it wasn't your fault and the damage to the cobra is repairable. I had that same accident happen to me about 2 years ago while driving my DD

slobra22

Established Member
Well friday night I was leaving my girlfriends house and it was still early so I was gonna take the long way around and do a little cruising. Exited 1960 off 45 and headed east on 1960. I get through the first coule lights and this guy in this probe gt is trying to mess with me. Knowing better I gave him no attention, and continued on. I switch lanes to the far left lane and am just minding my own when the the truck in front of me slams on his brakes and came to an abrupt stop. I stopped shy of him and the next thing I know the guy in the probe slammed into the back of me probably going bout 30mph. As a reaction the being hit so hard I got ahoved under the truck in front of me. The truck had no rear bumper so the frame of his truck did work on my front end!!

Damage in pics does not look as bad as in person and lets just say I was pissed to say the least. The hood no longer shuts, cracked in 14 places and is destroyed. The heat exchanger is busted and barly hanging on, radiator is bent along with the main crossmember the holds the radiator in. The front bumper has 1 giant hole and several smaller ones. The rear bumper has a crack across the entire top along with several smaller holes. The deck lid is crack and now to top it off the rearend is making noise too. My check engine light is on also say something bout the fuel system.

Sorry long post but I needed to get that out. I hope it all gets worked out and back up the prestine car it used to be.

Any thoughts or body shops would be appriciated too.:blue:

Robb

0418082308.jpg

0418082309.jpg

0418082309a.jpg

soncy road body shop in amarillo tx is the best...they fixed my truck when i got into a wreck...check them out...mark warrick is the owner...he is in alot of magazines

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I'm in Tomball and was wondering where I should take my car to get the spoiler put on. Any good shops?
Sucks about the car but at least it isn't your money
Thanks
Jerrad

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
That sucks man!!! That happened right around the corner from me and the idiots in Probes and crappy cars alike are always out on FM 1960 acting liker ricers do in traffic. Hope you get the insurance settlement and are back on the streets soon!!!

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Thats shitty. Sorry to hear about the damage, but I know how you feel. This was mine in Feb of this year. Hope this makes you feel better... :cryying:

img1659jj9.jpg

fastford2004

Established Member
That sucks man! Just a little heads up, his insurance company might try to not cover the damage to the front of your car. They might try to say had you not been so close to the other car the front damage may never have happened. I hope they treat you right though man, good luck!!!!

yea I got that deal with a damn insurance b/s

Jefe

Established Member
Keep on top of the Probes insurance company. Technically it wasnt your fault you hit the truck, but Ive seen several people get screwed over for failure to maintain a safe distance. Depending on the trucks damage, you may have to file a claim on your policy to fix your front end.

Curious how this turns out...Keep us updated!

WishIHadSVT

Established Member
Dang, probed in the butt.

Hope everything works out for you - at least you have an excuse to buy a new hood. I had an accident like that happen to me, except I was the truck in front and the middle car got creamed - early 80s car all steel broke the rear axle.

good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread