All of this UCA talk!

BMR Tech

People are comparing, redesigning, etc.

We have been working on this for a while, and now we are ready to get serious.

This will be the highest quality piece within the entire S197 industry, at a great cost to the consumer. I am hoping to come in, at the $289-$299 price range, which would be about half of the cost of the FRPP/MMatic piece. This piece will be so much more than that piece, it will be a no brainer for customers looking for ulimate performance on the drag-strip, or road course.

No rod-end stuff here, spherical bearing design by BMR, just like our current spherical design rear control arms for the S197 Chassis. This spherical bearing design is MUCH stronger than a typical rod-ended UCA, and of course; will feature the massive, BMR Unique CM adjuster (well, not so unique - ironically the Cobra Jet comes with one similar......)

Anyhow, enough with the babble. Here are some pictures. Massive spherical bearing.....and notice, one of the races is slightly different - that sure would be a nice feature, huh?!

Outer race w/ (2) potential bearings to be used:
IMAG1561.jpg

IMAG1562.jpg

IMAG1563.jpg

Hmmm....
IMAG1564.jpg

Current Poly Version / Mocked Spherical. This things is rather large....
IMAG1565.jpg

2005-2010 to 2011+ Comparison. That "little" Spherical UCA on the right, has seen 7-Second ET's, MANY 8's and 9's +...and can be found on many Professional Road Course cars. That Hammertone Bearing end, ironically, fits a Cobra Jet UCA perfectly....and many use an an upgrade...

IMAG1566.jpg

IMAG1567.jpg

IMAG1568.jpg

IMAG1569.jpg

What an awesome piece this will be. We are very excited about being able to offer such an excellent part, for an excellent price!

We considered a "Rod-End" version at first, due to being able to sell them at such a lower cost....but, we would rather offer the best than the cheapest. No UCA failures is much more appealing than selling twice as many at half the price. :beer:

BMR Tech

I am not so sure about "a lot".....but I imagine they should be fairly popular.

A lot of people are scared of a bearing, due to noise - so I am sure we will continue to ship a large amount of Poly UCA out as usual.

We could go a different route, to try and capture the entire "bearing" UCA market, but we want to offer what we believe is the best part.

86merc

Established Member
Looks good.

Is that the spherical bearing you plan to use or will it have a smaller I.D. for a smaller bolt? If you are using it as is what size bolt will it use? If larger I assume many may need a new chassis side bracket to fit that bolt size.

I love the innovation and and not just resting on your past success. Keep it up!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Holy bearing Batman! That's great, Kelly!

I know this is rather a dumb question, as noise is to be expected, but how much more are we talking over the existing spherical bearing?

mjohns930

Established Member
For those of us with an adjustable poly UCA; will we be able to buy the bearing end and thread it on to what we currently have?

BMR Tech

We will likely design it, as we do everything else.....with custom machined spacers to fit the stock size bolts:

IMAG1570.jpg

IMAG1571.jpg

We will probably have more cost into this arm, before making it - than most UCA for the S197 sell for, retail.

BMR Tech

For those of us with an adjustable poly UCA; will we be able to buy the bearing end and thread it on to what we currently have?

You damn right!

:banana:

It may cost a pretty penny.....:lol:

Here is how it is configured for the 2005-2010 cars, right now...

You buy this:

bmr-UTCA019-adj-arm-polybushings.jpg

...you decide a bearing is what you want, so you upgrade/buy this:

UTCA028_large.jpg

mjohns930

Established Member
You damn right!

:banana:

It may cost a pretty penny.....:lol:

Here is how it is configured for the 2005-2010 cars, right now...

You buy this:

bmr-UTCA019-adj-arm-polybushings.jpg

...you decide a bearing is what you want, so you upgrade/buy this:

UTCA028_large.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.

BMR Tech

No problem. If anyone has any questions about our rear control arms, this is the place to ask!

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Nice. I have been waiting for an UCA w/ a spherical bearing for my weekend track car... and I'm not shelling out $800 for the Multimatic piece :)

Kelly, how soon is this coming out?

BMR Tech

We will know a little more info once we get it on our car.

After it is on the car, we will have to test it rigorously.

After it passes, we can then project fairly accurate ETA. We have a very complex process to releasing new products, so it doesn't happen super quick - I assure you. We also have certain obligations, to tend to, due to our position with "select" companies. In other words, it's and act of congress to get an accurate date - so don't expect anything to come out in a month or two.

I will gladly provide any and all information in this thread, though.

stangn

Established Member
At what point do you believe the bearing is needed? You showed me the torn up poly the other day but that was a 1000 hp car I think you said. BTW the adjustable lowers with bearings worked perfect on my 9" and all is good. You guys are the best ..........!

Thanks, Nick

BMR Tech

At what point do you believe the bearing is needed? You showed me the torn up poly the other day but that was a 1000 hp car I think you said. BTW the adjustable lowers with bearings worked perfect on my 9" and all is good. You guys are the best ..........!

Thanks, Nick

Nick! Good to see you on here.

When this is needed; great question! I don't know.... LOL

I have 8 second cars running our poly (UTCA032)

I also have road racers running it.

The Shelby 1000 comes with the UTCA034 (9" version of the 032)....this is the same arm you have on your car. (UTCA034)

It really depends. Some people swear a Poly bushing in the UCA is the devil....some people love them.

As you mentioned, I do have several people who have damaged the Poly in our UCA, but those cars are typically extreme. 90% of my customers are probably better off with the Poly - especially since the bearing will typically promote more NVH.

stangn

Established Member
Ok thanks for the info man. I should be fine then. Keep the best products in the market coming and we'll buy em.

Nick

Clipboard

Established Member
im ready to buy a uca this week, when will this come out? im on bmr springs/konis and need to fix my pinion angle o.o

BMR Tech

im ready to buy a uca this week, when will this come out? im on bmr springs/konis and need to fix my pinion angle o.o

Well, I wish this week. I will know more in a week or so.

Thanks for using BMR, and I hope you are enjoying your BMR/Koni combo. I have many customers running that combo, who love it!

BMR Tech

Well, as of just now - I have a part # for this piece. BMR-UTCA033

Moving along! I sure hope you guys don't mind having a $50 bearing with a SS ball, a new Billet Steel Bearing Cup/UCA End... some new Aerospace grade 7075 Machined Spacers, and a new custom lightened/hollowed Chrome-Moly center adjuster.

This piece is becoming more than what I had planned. I am more excited about it than our customers are.

Users who are viewing this thread