bap injector fuel pump questions...

svtnotch

Established Member
Trying to figure out what to do with fuel. my question is should i go with stock pumps with bap with 60# injectors or gt pumps with 60# injectors?.

The car is making 490hp 465tq now with bbk long tubes,2.76 upper,stage 2 port on blower, stock tb+plenum,mafia and a k&n filter with adapter.

I'm upgrading to 26 spline input and clutch, getting blower ported to 4 or posi race port, 4lb lower either dragon or accufab tb+plenum,adding the slave fpdm, jlt intake.

I'm stuck on what to do with fuel on what would be the better option as my pumps are at 100%duty after 6200 so the limiter is at 6100 to be safe.

I want to hear what you guys think...........Thanks Brandon

p.s my goal is 550whp :shrug:

cbr repsol

Established Member
i think the stock injectors are spiking your duty cycle so high. once you put 60lb injectors in, it should drop quite a bit. Add the bap and you should be good to go. Gt pumps when you get in the 600 rw range.

GodStang

Established Member
Do not waste time or money on 60lb injectors. 80s are inexpensive. Can run perfect on cars that make 400 to 500hp and can also run perfect on cars that make 800+rwhp on E85. I have run both a BAP and GT Pumps and the Pumps are way better.

svtnotch

Established Member
Do not waste time or money on 60lb injectors. 80s are inexpensive. Can run perfect on cars that make 400 to 500hp and can also run perfect on cars that make 800+rwhp on E85. I have run both a BAP and GT Pumps and the Pumps are way better.

so you think 80s and the pumps would be more efficient? im not i genius when it come to the fuel but you dont the 80s will be to big for what i have or will they just not work as hard? also what else would i have to upgrade to run e85 if i wanted to? thanks

p.s do i have to do anything to the meter when i upgrade the injectors

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I would do 80`s also, leaves you room to grow. The tuner just has to put the correct values in tune for the 80`s.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
i got 1 good gt40 pump , and a spare stock 03 cobra FPDM.and my 60 lb injectors are coming out too, I'am going to be needing 80's . i might need a 2600BA or 3000 ? so my BA 2400 may go too.

GodStang

Established Member
so you think 80s and the pumps would be more efficient? im not i genius when it come to the fuel but you dont the 80s will be to big for what i have or will they just not work as hard? also what else would i have to upgrade to run e85 if i wanted to? thanks

Yes. Also people do not realize that the 80lb injectors came from Ford. They are Factory on the 2008 Cobra Jet that makes what 400 engine horsepower? So No they are not too much for a 500RWHP car. Also people have made over 800rwhp on E85 with the 80s. You will need a new tune with any new injectors.

Depends how much power you want to make with E85 as for what needs to be updated.

04GTMustang

Established Member
I've seen Cobra's with 60 lb injectors with the stock pumps and a BAP get pretty close to the 700 rwhp mark on a good tune with 93 and a splash of torco for safety.

You can find used bap's on here for 140-200. That is a pretty cheap mod to get your pumps to work with most street tunes with ported eatons or <20psi whipples and smaller KB's.

I got a BAP to install now, and when I do E85 and the whipple I think I'm gonna grab 2, 255 in tank pumps with the BAP for safety. I am shooting for ~610-620 rwhp on a 2.3 whipple on 93.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

If you are thinking about E85 you need to go back and edit that first post AND SAY SO! because that changes everything!

If E85 is even a remote possibility you are foolish to buy fuel parts that are less than what's going to be needed in the end when you go E85.

Build for E85 FIRST, gradually if you need to money wise.
Are you ever going to go twin screw?...... EVER?

svtnotch

Established Member
If you are thinking about E85 you need to go back and edit that first post AND SAY SO! because that changes everything!

If E85 is even a remote possibility you are foolish to buy fuel parts that are less than what's going to be needed in the end when you go E85.

Build for E85 FIRST, gradually if you need to money wise.
Are you ever going to go twin screw?...... EVER?

no im never going to a twin screw unless one comes into my work with it on it already.(cleveland pick a part). If e85 is much more fuel than 2 gt pumps and 80lbs injectors than no im not going that way. keeping it simple and fairly cheap. listed in the first post is about all i will do besides maybe a 100 shot or something. this is in a 87 notch so its 2800lbs and a street car dont need anything to crazy:beer:

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I got some 60's that have less than 2k on them I will sell. I will buy 80's cause I am going to go TS + E85 after the rebuild.....Shoot me a PM. My duty cycle was like 64% on pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread