Just Got Back From The Tuner - Results

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Here are the results from adding a stage V, JLT RAI and 2.76 upper only to my 03 Cobra.

It is still pretty cold out so I really did not get a chance to test out all the new found power, but I was very happy when I stepped on the go pedal and and heard how loud that Eaton Whined.:banana:

By the way, I am no expert on these Dyno charts so most of it is greek to me. Jeff told me that it maxed out at 491 / 478 to the tires, but he backed it down a little for the tune I am using, just to be safe. The max tune is on the programmer if I ever want to load it up. I have to say that Jeff and Tammy Chambers from CRT Performance treated me very well and run a very nice operation in Norwalk Ohio.:thumbsup:

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

Last edited:

Booky

Established Member
What's up with your boost curve? Looks like major slippage.

Jeff told me why that is, but I will be damned if I can remember. I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with belt slippage.

stal94gt

Established Member
i have noticed that all cobras have a drastic drop in tq at the top. i wonder why that is. im hoping that my dyno results keep the tq up at the top

cobracide

Established Member
Jeff told me why that is, but I will be damned if I can remember. I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with belt slippage.

There are four curves. Torque, power, volts and boost. Looks like the boost curve held up well (the lightest graph). The curve that dropped off radically is the volts (darkest). The lightest graph line does not drop off that much so what are we talking about?

Last edited:

Booky

Established Member
There are four curves. Torque, power, volts and boost. Looks like the boost curve held up well (the lightest graph). The curve that dropped off radically is the volts (darkest). The lightest graph line does not drop off that much so what are we talking about?

I think racerat is talking about how wavy it is.:shrug:

I wish they showed a curve that indicated how much more fun this car is to drive now. That sucker would definitely go straight up off the chart.:dancenana:

cobracide

Established Member
I think racerat is talking about how wavy it is.:shrug:

I wish they showed a curve that indicated how much more fun this car is to drive now. That sucker would definitely go straight up off the chart.:dancenana:

Wavy could just be a property of the sampling rate. Anyway, I went from stock 375hp to 525hp so I know what you are talking about! Fun? This is exactly what what the Terminator is all about. Enjoy!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The four parameters measured are Torque, Horsepower, Air Fuel and Boost.
AF is fine. Boost should hold and fall off slowly up top with an Eaton blower.

Wavy could just be a property of the sampling rate. Anyway, I went from stock 375hp to 525hp so I know what you are talking about! Fun? This is exactly what what the Terminator is all about. Enjoy!
I own a Mustang Dyno and dyno cars every day. The boost curve should not go up and down like that.

Booky

Established Member
Does your Stage V have the Torque Plate?

Yes.

lxtasy93 had just got it back from Steigemeier with the new style Torque plate welded in when I bought from him.

cobracide

Established Member
The four parameters measured are Torque, Horsepower, Air Fuel and Boost.
AF is fine. Boost should hold and fall off slowly up top with an Eaton blower.

I own a Mustang Dyno and dyno cars every day. The boost curve should not go up and down like that.

Thanks for the clarification, the graph is a bit hard to read. Does that look like belt slip to you?

Last edited:

Booky

Established Member
Clutch slip would have shown up on the horsepower/torque. Belt slip shows up on the boost. Not uncommon with a 2.76 without idlers.

Booky - do you have a full set of idlers?

This is what they had quoted:

Billet Flow Idler Pulley (100mm)
GAT-K080745 Gates 8 Rib Belt

album_pic.php

Booky

Established Member
I see some stock idlers under there - replace them. The belt has to be pretty tight, did you check for belt dust?

I just took this picture and could not see any belt dust.

Is there a big problem with the stock idlers failing?

test001.jpg

va boy

Established Member

I've read stories of them exploding. Cheap insurance to upgrade your idlers.
I went Metco and love em.

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Thanks for the clarification, the graph is a bit hard to read. Does that look like belt slip to you?
Yes it does look like belt slip or their sensor could be wigging out. Just do a search for other dyno graphs showing where boost was logged.
The boost curve should not go up and down like that on a single gear dyno pull.

Yes, stock idlers fail, but they aren't the cause of belt slip. When they fail, they take out the belt and anything in their way. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread