3.27's vs. 4.56's This should help you make your decision

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Ok here this first video is of my 3.27's last fall.

th_EGreenSVT327.jpg

Now here is a video me and my buddy shot earlier today w/ my 4.56's

Click here to see Video

Now all hail the 4.56's.

Also, how do you think my driver mod is coming?:-D I'd say its coming along pretty nicely, considering my age (16) and how long I've been driving the car. I think I've improved quite a bit.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
damn, nice video and good shifting.. i have been meaning to get a nice video of my 4.10s since i got them installed damn near a year ago lol. so your wheelhop isnt allthat bad.. whats your remedy?

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
srl135 said:
damn, nice video and good shifting.. i have been meaning to get a nice video of my 4.10s since i got them installed damn near a year ago lol. so your wheelhop isnt allthat bad.. whats your remedy?

315/35 Nitto 555R's and a little spin :) Nothing else, totally stock IRS. I have found that these have made a HUGE difference. The first video was with stock 245/45's and hopped when I hit second like crazy, put on the 315 Nitto's and the 4.56's and voila, no more hop :rockon: Just gotta get them a little heated up, not necessarily a burnout, but as long as the tires are a little warm, they hook up pretty good.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
good deal.. but hell by the time i could afford 315s i can afford a solid swap... LOL Guess im headed the solid route still

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
LOL!! Dude, your still going to need a nice tire in the rear even on a solid axle. Its not like you pop in a solid and bam no traction issues. Nitto's are like $170 a tire for the rear DR's. Keep the IRS!! With that solid your gonna want a nice tire still, so it makes sense to keep the IRS unless your REALLY into drag racing.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
no no i know i will need tires, but i graduate college in december and im broke as hell till then (i.e. babying the car around and running bald tires) and i plan on swapping to a solid anyways due to the hp plans i have that will need a good base and i dont care to beef up the IRS. But i just mean that once i can afford those tires i can also afford the swap so i will just do both and be done with it lol

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
pssssh... procharger D1 FTW! = IRS crapping out

and hopefully the car wont be a DD by this time next year anyways so i wont take it out much and i do not road race only cruise, play a lil and run at the track on occassions

Last edited:

CobraTy

Established Member
I had 4.10's and went to 4.56's. Best thing I ever did. Totally different car. Nice vid. Now I am thinking of a 100 shot.

scarface1

Noobasaurus Rex
Established Member
wow, huge difference! I was just thinking yesterday about ditching the stock gears for 4:30's

warcat

Established Member
So what are the 4.56's like at speed? Say 70 mph, 75 mph, and 80 mph. Can you get a pic/ vid of the speedo cruising at those speeds? I posted mine up in another thread (I have 4.10's). The rpms with the 4.10's are fine (in my opinion) at speed, I'd just like to know if the 4.56's are ok. If so, I might make the switch also.

I'd guess that the runs done w/ 4.56's need to stay short. I'm limited to around 125 mph or so at the top of 4th. So I'd guess with 4.56's, top of 4th would be around 115-120 mph?

Last edited:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
At 65 mph I'm at 2600 and 70 its a tad higher. The RPM's arent high at all, if your doing like 80+ then its closer to 3K, but the highest speed limit in Ohio is 65 so thats all I ever do.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
scarface1 said:
wow, huge difference! I was just thinking yesterday about ditching the stock gears for 4:30's

If the car isnt a DD and doesnt see a LOT of highway miles, I'd consider 4.56's if I was you. :D

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
I love my 4.56's

Im running nitto DR's (305/18) and get ZERO wheel spin. Dont even really have to warm them up, lol.

btw the only reason im running dr/s for daily use, is because i found a brand new set on craigslist for 300 bucks and my kdwII's where bald. Didnt have the 500-600 for new rear tires at the time, lol

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Yep, those 315 Nitto's are my street tires as well... They pick up just about every little thing on the road though, thats my only complaint about running them on the street, but thats just like all other DR's. As long as youve been driving on them for about 5-10 mins they start to get hot and a little sticky.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Damn, I would love to get ride of my 327s, but i do a lot of highway driving. It's nice to cruise at like 90 and only turn 2800 rpms. I have been thinking about 373s or 410s. That car rips with 456s!!!

TMoney

Established Member
The camera guy says it all. GOD DAMN! haha 4.56's FTW!! huge difference and very nice shifting!

Users who are viewing this thread