-MM FLSFC
-MM LCA’s
-MM Front and Rear ISO’s
-Steeda Tubular Steel Upper Control Arms
-2004 Mach 1 Stock Catback
-2004 Mach 1 Stock driveshaft
-2004 Mach 1 Springs
-FRPP Upper Control Arm Bushings
-Cobra Rear Brake rotor & mounting bracket kit (99-04)
-2004 GT 8.8 straight axle housing w/ rear sway bar (3.27 gear ratio) with 36K
-Straight axle ABS sensors
-Chassis Pinion Snub from GT
-UPR Upper/Lower control arm bolts
-Trick Flow Differential Support cover
-KYB AGX 6-Way Adjustable Gas Shocks
-Two Flowmaster 40 series mufflers

I'm having my best friend's dad do the work. Ron is one amazing mechanic:rolling:

The one man doing all the work, Ron:thumbsup:
TheMan.jpg

Bye Bye IRS...
ByeByeIRS.jpg

Stage - 0 SRA straight from Indiana from NEA
Stage-0-1.jpg

Stage - 1 Prep
Stage-1Prep-1.jpg

Stage - 2 Ron painted the SRA and installed the Trick Flow Diff cover along with UCA Bushings. Started one side on Cobra rear brakes.
Stage-3Painted-1.jpg

Stage - 3 Maximum Motorsports Lower control arms installed, along with both cobra brakes, and its ready to go:banana:
Stage-303.jpg

Stage-302.jpg

Stage-301.jpg

Stage - 4 Dropped the Cobra off at Ron's house along with all of the parts:rolling:
Stage-4.jpg

Stage - 5 The 1999 IRS is out and the SRA in lined up and ready to go in tomorrow
Stage5-001.jpg

Stage5-002.jpg

Stage - 6 The SRA is in and Ron is changing the brake brakcets to Mach 1/Bullitt's
Stage6-002.jpg

Stage6-001.jpg

Stage - 7 Rear is complete, Exhaust is on backwards so I temporary have turn downs until I get the cobra to a exhaust shop
Stage7.jpg

Stage - 8 Front springs complete, dropped cobra off at exhaust shop for MM FLSFC's and Cat-Back work.
Stage-8.jpg

Stage - 9 Everything's complete :banana:
Stage-9001.jpg

Stage-9002.jpg

Opinions or comments are always welcomed. Thanks SVTP:beer:

Special Thanks to,

Brebar21
SaleenFiend
03MACH150BP
Nazman
NEA
FORDSVTPARTS
Fast Willy
me32
02trubluegt
TrueBlueCobra01
BillyMac72
nopropslaw
faststang
New Edge SVTP crew

Last edited:

BlackVenom99

Established Member
Drag racer at heart? Nice setup, I'm going to do bushings and see where I go with the car. Might find myself doing this one day.

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
I love my SRA, I'm sure you will too.
Thanks I can't wait:banana:
god i cant wait for mine
I can't wait until its installed:banana:
Drag racer at heart? Nice setup, I'm going to do bushings and see where I go with the car. Might find myself doing this one day.
That's me, drag racer at heart:rolling: I didn't even bother with the bushings I just did the blue pill. haha I'll let you know how things go.:beer:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I think you oughta throw in some 4.30s while you're at it with some 31 spline axles. Weld the tubes up and the torque boxes too. :banana:

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
looks sweet man! i will say after putting a solid in my 99 i will definitely be staying with the IRS in my 01 though....:)

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
I also painted my IRS when i got it, I miss the smoothness of the IRS, But atleast I can launch now
I can't wait until I can launch the hell out of the cobra!!!:banana:
looks sweet man! i will say after putting a solid in my 99 i will definitely be staying with the IRS in my 01 though....:)
If I had a 01 cobra I'd probably keep the IRS too, but those 28 spline axles in the 99 are not going to be any good for me at the track when I dump it. Plus I pretty much got my whole set up for the same price as some level 5 driveshafts.
i love my SRA with 4.30's!!!
I think that's what I'm going with too! :banana:

wallie40

Established Member
Did you already have the mach/bullit brake braket to run the cobra brakes? I have been looking for a while and having found this piece. I know i can buy the whole kit, but i dont need it.

-paul

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
If I had a 01 cobra I'd probably keep the IRS too, but those 28 spline axles in the 99 are not going to be any good for me at the track when I dump it. Plus I pretty much got my whole set up for the same price as some level 5 driveshafts.
yea, the 31 spline is nice...maybe i missed it, but i don't see that you upgraded the axles in your solid. 28 splines in a solid is no better than 28 in an irs....:shrug:

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Did you already have the mach/bullit brake braket to run the cobra brakes? I have been looking for a while and having found this piece. I know i can buy the whole kit, but i dont need it.

-paul
Paul I got the whole FRPP kit, but only used the cobra rotors and cobra brake dust covers.:shrug: Ron some how got it to work with out changing them.:shrug: I still have the mach/bullitt brake brakets. If you want them or have questions for Ron PM me and I'll be happy to help.

yea, the 31 spline is nice...maybe i missed it, but i don't see that you upgraded the axles in your solid. 28 splines in a solid is no better than 28 in an irs....:shrug:
Yeah I know I'm messing with 28 spline axles with that solid with 36K:nonono: But I figure if I'm going to do it, do it right the first time with money spent into a solid axle. The only money I put into the IRS was IRS bolts because I figured that I end up going solid in the end anyways. It will be a little bit before I have enough cash to fully built the rear. As for now I'm going to save up for a 31 spline diff, 31 spline axles, and 4.30's. I'll be done with the cobra after that.:burnout: Well maybe a T56 down the road:lol:

wma8706

Established Member
The whole idea of the SRA is for drag racing and reducing wheel hop in drag racing. Since your going the whole 9 yards with a the axel swap.... why not get the 4.56 gears and say good bye to your 13.9 and say hello to a solid 12 secs in the 1/4. If you want your car to be a NA drag/street car... I'd stay away from a T56 unless you are boosted. Nice and stout tranny for big power but the 1st gear ratio is less than ideal for a NA 4.6 motor. If your set on 6 speeds...then get the viper spec. However viper specs = $$$. You could save yourself more than a grand by just having a promotion built 5 speed.

Last edited:

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
The whole idea of the SRA is for drag racing and reducing wheel hop in drag racing. Since your going the whole 9 yards with a the axel swap.... why not get the 4.56 gears and say good bye to your 13.9 and say hello to a solid 12 secs in the 1/4. If you want your car to be a NA drag/street car... I'd stay away from a T56 unless you are boosted. Nice and stout tranny for big power but the 1st gear ratio is less than ideal for a NA 4.6 motor. If your set on 6 speeds...then get the viper spec. However viper specs = $$$. You could save yourself more than a grand by just having a promotion built 5 speed.

Thanks for your advise with the t56.:rockon: How much is it for a t56 viper spec one anyway $$$? The 4.56's might be a little much for a DD even though there's people here on SVTP with them and an IRS too.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread