Installed a 4 Post Lift

Jefe

Established Member
Been dreaming about this for a couple years, finally did it! Its a Direct Lift Pro Park 8Plus. 8' Pillars. Specs: ProPark 8Plus 4-Post Lift

The overall package weighed 1800+lbs. The top runway weighed over 400lbs and took 3 engineers and 5 bodies to move/flip into place :lol:

IMG_0668.jpg

Still havent straightened up the garage the way we want it but the lift can be lowered onto wheels so its moveable with and without a car on it. We have 9' garage doors so we can take it outside

IMG_0684.jpg

Notice ^ the ProJack RJ35 hand jack that slides between the rails so we can do tire/suspension work

IMG_0681.jpg

We can move the lift sideways towards the front of the garage and lift it all the way up to the 12 ft ceiling. The underside of the ramps would be at 6'5". Plenty of room :rockon: It could still go up another 2 feet here:

IMG_0677.jpg

Also notice the heavy duty jacking tray, oil drip trays and the lift is on the casters here:

IMG_0686.jpg

Check out the clearance :eek: With some wood or maybe the plastic drive on ramps, it would drop you back down on the lift over the crossbar. Should solve any problems with slammed cars

[ame=http://vimeo.com/9271001]Cobra on the Direct Lift Pro Park 8 Plus on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Sweet! That's cool that it's movable, I've never seen one like that.
Probably the coolest part about the lift, check this out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VCCJeTSZA"]YouTube- How Does the Caster Kit Work on the Four Post Lifts?[/ame]

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have a 4 post too, but definitely NEED to get one of those jacks! I just have the standard bridge with a pair of low profile bottle jacks, and they worked great with my car at the stock 4x4 ride height, but now with it lowered, I have to be much more creative!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is great. What a very handle addition to your garage. I notice you have a nice, high ceiling. Is it around 12'?

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I have to make sure that the clamps on my exhaust are spun up or it catches on mine backing off. 1st thing I did was detail the underside of my car when I got mine lol.

Jefe

Established Member
Yep
We can move the lift sideways towards the front of the garage and lift it all the way up to the 12 ft ceiling. The underside of the ramps would be at 6'5". Plenty of room :rockon: It could still go up another 2 feet here:

IMG_0677.jpg

Back in the day....

IMG_0698.jpg

I have to make sure that the clamps on my exhaust are spun up or it catches on mine backing off. 1st thing I did was detail the underside of my car when I got mine lol.
Hope to do that soon, its gonna be a lot of work. What all did you do? What did you use?

Last edited:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I was looking into the BackYard Buddy and the BenPak lifts...Cant decide which one is better...The Back Yard Buddy is expensive as all hell...Its close to $4000..

I need something that will work for ceilings 9 feet or below...and the Back Yard Buddy seems to be the only one to fit the bill as it has mutiple stops and seems to have the best safety system.

Mystic03

Established Member
congrats buddie!! hmm i may need some assistance when i do my clutch...:) lookin good buddie!

Users who are viewing this thread