FORD salutes Carroll Shelby

BRIZZOK84

Established Member
I found this on autoweek and thought I should share.:rockon:

The “friends of Carroll Shelby” are saluting the late automotive pioneer with a remarkable, one-off 850-hp GT500 Cobra that was revealed Friday at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion.

Uploaded with ImageShack.usFord Motor Co., Shelby American, Ford Racing and others collaborated on the omnipotent machine, styled in the blue and white colors of the legendary Cobras of the 1960s. It gets a wide body kit, high-performance 13-inch-wide rear wheels and a 4.0-liter Ford Racing supercharger that lifts output from the GT500's usual level of 662 hp.

The Cobra is the featured marque at the 2012 Motorsports Reunion at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

The Shelby tribute Cobra will tour the country, and Ford hinted it would be used in a philanthropic manner at the end of its run.

“Even at 89 years of age, Carroll was an inspiration to us all,” Ford marketing chief Jim Farley said in a statement. “This year marks the 50th anniversary of the original Shelby Cobra. This car represents the very idea he had about making the 2013 Shelby GT500 into a true Cobra.

Meanwhile, Ford announced a road that runs through its product development center in Dearborn, Mich., will be renamed Carroll Shelby Way.

Read more: Ford salutes Carroll Shelby with 850-hp GT500 Cobra - Autoweek

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Has a touch of '69 with the rear fenders. Take the hood scoop off and it'd be perfect!!!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
They should come stock like that. 13 inch rears and wide body kit ftw

Sent with my Massive Johnson

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
"Ford hinted it would be used in a philanthropic manner at the end of its run"

Sounds like a charity auction to me. Hrmm...

Planter

Banned
going where no Camaro or Vette has gone before. Ford once again redefining with acute clarity the definition of DETROIT MUSCLE. :rockon:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Got to find out when they are putting the car up for auction - but certainly looks like a cool vehicle!

95SC

Banned
Every stock GT500 should have rolled of the factory line that way , 13 inch rear rims with 345 tire :rockon:

02-2013-shelby-gt500-cobra.jpg

Synister500

I'm with stupid
Established Member
I would say that the hood scoop covers a cutout in the factory hood to accommodate the 4.0L SC. I agree it looks tacky.

BJ

Users who are viewing this thread