2008 Z06 vs. 2013 GT500

TomballGuy05

Established Member
Met up with a buddy tonight down in Mexico for a few friendly runs. Both cars are completely stock. He had the GT500 on the dyno and it made 609rwhp. I haven't had the Z06 on a dyno yet. The first run we started around 50 and pulled to about 120. By the time we hit 120 I was just a nose ahead. Second run was one of the better runs. Started around 60 and pulled up to about 160. The GT500 jumped out about a car and I started reeling him back in around 120-130. By 160 we were door to door. The third run we started around 60 and pulled up to around 155. I jumped out from the hit and pulled about a car. Last run was similar with the GT500 jumping out a little and me pulling about a car. I think the GT500 was heat soaked, for sure towards the end. We got some pretty good runs in with some very evenly matched cars. I started in second every run, not sure what he started in. I love the new GT500's!

'08 Z06 vs '13 GT500 YouTube - YouTube

I'm not sure how to make the video show up in a post.

gearhead08

Established Member
Nice runs. I will be moving exactly where you live in less than a month. Wouldnt mind seeing how I fair against you in mexico. Nice runs.

stangfreak

Established Member
The GT500 is heavy but for it to keep up with a c6z06, its fast. stock 03 cobra, stock 5.0, boss, whatever, will get its ass handed to it by a c6z06.

TomballGuy05

Established Member
Yeah, they were really good runs. The owner said he was thinking about a 13-6 package for it. I'm getting Stage II heads, a pretty big cam, and a CAI installed in a month or two. We're gonna give it another try after our mods.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
good runs, i love both cars! if i ever won the lottery i would love to buy both. make the 500 a fast blower car and build the z into a nice head/cam/spray na car

TomballGuy05

Established Member
good runs, i love both cars! if i ever won the lottery i would love to buy both. make the 500 a fast blower car and build the z into a nice head/cam/spray na car

That's what I plan to do to this one. My warranty is up in August so I want to take care of the heads so I don't have to worry about them. I figure I'll have them throw a cam in while they're at it. Then I'll do headers and a Fast 102. After that probably a 100 shot. I was looking at 2011/12 GT500's before I got this, but my wife talked me into the Z06. I've always wanted one and she didn't want me seeing one driving down the road and regret not getting one. I'm glad I did, I love this car!

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
So did you want the shelby or C6Z more? By the way you wrote this last post it seems like you were leaning towards the shelby until the wife convinced you otherwise :shrug: cant go wrong with either but the C6Z is just too much for most cars stock, let alone modded so seems like you made the choice for you haha. Nice runs :beer: is it your DD?

Last edited:

TomballGuy05

Established Member
Well I wanted a newer car so that was the main reason I was leaning toward the GT500, but I've always wanted a Z06 so that's what I got instead. It's not my DD, I have an '02 Accord for that, it's just my toy.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Do you have a bumper sticker on the accord sayin "my other car will whoop your cars ass!!"

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Good vid. This is about right. I was about a full car ahead and slowly pulling away at higher speeds against the stock gt500 i raced. but my car car has a tune, Intake and exhaust..new gt500 are for sure bad ass cars with 700 rwhp with just basic mods

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Two of the baddest cars on the road today, both seem evenly matched. I would like a shot at a stock 13 but it's a rare find around here.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
zo6_zps9830d243.jpg

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Z06 is a serious car. I thought about it but at the price point left it stock plus not a fan of the interior.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
You made the right choice with the z. H/c/I/exhaust and not much will be able to touch you.

Users who are viewing this thread