SHO Time for Camaro SS

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hey gang,

As some of you may know I traded my Boss in a few weeks ago for a new 2013 Taurus SHO. The day after I bought the car I installed the Livernois tune which is a HUGE gain (70-80WHP and more TQ) for the SHO. I also installed a K/N cold air intake so I can hear some turbo action (even though it's still very quiet).

I am really enjoying the car so far. Very luxurious on the inside, very nice power and it's awd.

The weather has been up and down up here in the suburbs of Chicago for the last few weeks but this morning it was decent out, but still cold as hell. Anyways, this morning was the first chance to see what the old Taurus had in her.

I was MMOB (as usual) sitting at the light when I see a newer Camaro SS pull up. Sounded like he may have had some pipes...he's looking over at me and I kinda got the feeling he might try to come at me once the light turned green.

Light turns green and I see him hit it a little off the line, so I hammer down and being that i'm awd I just fly by him. He hits it immediately and he must have spun pretty hard as I just kept pulling hard on him....

I slow down to around 40-45 which is a nice spot in the SHO and wait up for him, he comes up and gives me the signal to hit it first, I do and hear him hit it as well, right after me. I pulled 2-3 lengths on him up to around 110-115 and was steadily pulling more and more!

He shuts down around that time and immediately pulls off onto a side street. I was thinking maybe we passed a cop and he was going to hide, but it must have been the sheer embarrassment of losing to a Taurus...LOL!

Ford really did a nice job on this car and even though I miss the boss, nothing beats having an all weather car that has decent power as well!

Here is a pic of the new SHO...

404782_10151311139716775_1233746394_n.jpg

rizjan67

Established Member
Good kill ,,camaro owner must be like what the heck four door sedan????sounds like Ford is making good progress with new Taurus ,,all wheel drive turbo is alway good combination .

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I saw a school bus take one the other day from a 50 roll. haha
I believe it :lol1:

O.P Good kill!! I bet its a fun car! I was considering getting one before I got my 335i, have yet to see the SHO in my neighborhood. What power do they make with the tune?

Quick question as well, is the car even broken in?

ArabianOak

Established Member
yes, i bought a demo model with a few thousand miles on it, so its broken in.

the tune gives around 80whp, it increases boost a few lbs from both turbos among other things. its a huge gain. car is probably making 470-480 at the crank.

lots of guys running mid/high 12s around 108-111 with my setup. one guy with some work done on stock turbos is seeing 118-119 trap speeds.

total sleeper.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member

the tune gives around 80whp, it increases boost a few lbs from both turbos among other things. its a huge gain. car is probably making 470-480 at the crank.

lots of guys running mid/high 12s around 108-111 with my setup. one guy with some work done on stock turbos is seeing 118-119 trap speeds.

total sleeper.

Thats impressive good stuff :beer:

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Love the White with the PP wheels!

Does you car spin hard?

Did you do the full exhaust?

Nice Kill! Sure their will be MANY more that will have their tails between their legs when you run them!

Mike

BlueSnake01

Established Member
total sleeper.
Thats pretty damn good!!
I just read about this
Livernois Motorsports Catted Downpipe
Livernois Motorsports Methanol Injection Kit
Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune
Modified OEM Turbos
Corsa Exhaust
CAI

Before numbers were 277 WHP / 371 WTQ after numbers were 435 WHP / 521 WTQ. (If you get rid of the initial spike in the baseline, it made 330 WTQ stock)
Thats a LOT of tq!!! I would love to be in one of those things in a launch, must pull pretty damn good :rockon: Seems like tune only they are low 13's to high 12's, should be a good run with mine on a JB4. Trap speeds are pretty low though, must be the weight and launch.
Love the White with the PP wheels!
Does you car spin hard?
Did you do the full exhaust?
Nice Kill! Sure their will be MANY more that will have their tails between their legs when you run them!
Mike
They are AWD so im sure they have no problem with traction, at least not O.P

Users who are viewing this thread