just had a freaky moment at my house

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
So I was walking up to the condo from the back parking lot, and as soon as I started getting close to it I could hear really loud music coming from inside, and as I get closer it sounds like people arguing really loud so I was already kinda wierded out because I didnt know what was going on and its totally pitch dark inside. So I go inside and realize the TV in the living room is at around 95% volume (surround sound). Like ear-drum busting loud. I already called my room mate and he said it was just at normal volume when he left.

For some reason my first instinct was to grab a steak knife and then look around the house and try to figure out what the hell is going on. My roommate keeps his puppy in the crate right in front of the tv with the tv on. The dog was acting really freaked out when I let him out of the crate. Hes literally sitting on my foot right now and wont leave my side. I know the volume didnt turn itself up so I have no clue what happened. And no one would ever put the volume that loud because the dog is right in front of the TV so the poor things ears must be totally F-ed right now.

Oh and did I mention my room mate was at his aunts funeral today? Not that Im saying its paranormal but its a funny coincidence.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Sounds to me like the remote is in the dog's crate.

not at all its on the coffee table. only logical explanation I can think of is my neighbors directly across the street may have been using a remote control and the IR light somehow made its way across the street and hit our reciever for the surround sound. its never happened before but I guess its a possibility.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
If spider or ghost proceed to:

SC-Funeral-Home-792080.jpg

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
could be a ghost, they do weird stuff. mine breaks glasses in my kitchen. sucks :(

yeah, not to mention my room mate made a douchebag comment before the funeral... "i like funerals its an excuse to wear my nice suit". so if it is paranormal I bet its his deceased aunt, stopping by to mess with him for making a stupid comment. a trans-dimensional dope slap if you will.

Last edited:

4a7191a

Established Member
thats a messed up comment for sure.
my buddys house is haunted by his grandfather. he crashes at my house sometimes cause well, hes had some really messed up stuff happen there. covers being pulled off, told to wake up. being tucked in, someone sitting on his bed and door slam sometimes. i dont even like going over to his pad. my ghost is the old lady whom owned my house before me. ive seen her and described her appearance to my neighbors and they were like WTF ! she died in a hospice. eh.... get used to it, is the only advice i can say. she might stay for a while.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
thats a messed up comment for sure.
my buddys house is haunted by his grandfather. he crashes at my house sometimes cause well, hes had some really messed up stuff happen there. covers being pulled off, told to wake up. being tucked in, someone sitting on his bed and door slam sometimes. i dont even like going over to his pad. my ghost is the old lady whom owned my house before me. ive seen her and described her appearance to my neighbors and they were like WTF ! she died in a hospice. eh.... get used to it, is the only advice i can say. she might stay for a while.

He must have pissed off his grandpa.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
It can be scientifically explained the moisture of the air got so heavy that it found its way to your remote and focused all of its energy on the remote and formed a few droplets of water through the moisture and fell on the + sign on the remote and turned it up. There problem resolved.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Here's a list of things that happened in the last 2 months at our barracks building (old 1913 plantation style brick building that used to have a prison in the basement. It's now a office building with nice barracks rooms upstairs, but there are still old jail cells in the basement). Friends in the other squad decided to take a Ouiji board and play with it in one of these cells downstairs and the things that followed were more than freaky.

- Burning man - this guy appeared to 3 of the guys and one my roomate who didn't partake in the board game. They all described the guy as being burnt black from head to toe and you could see his white eyes looking at you. My roomate said he woke up in the middle of the night and the guy was straddling a chair just stairing at him.

-Roommate was Skyping with his fiance and she asks him who is sitting on his bed. He says, "no one is" and turns around to see a hand print on his pillow and the hand print indentation lifts as he's looking at it.

- The guys that were playing with the board at the time had a door slam on them and repeatedly heard a banging on the wall in the room they were in.

-One of the guys woke up and saw a black figure standing in the corner of his room. Same guy also had his bed picked up and slammed 3 times in the middle of the night; no one was in his room.

-Same guy and another guy had their legs pulled on while they were sleeping. One of them was just taking a nap and the second time it happened it nearly pulled him off the bed.

-The whole time this was happening, whenever I was around I kept seeing shadows move quickly across the walls in my room but I didn't know what they had done and just figured it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Now I'm not so sure. The other night I woke up around 3am to someone making loud banging noises in the attic. It's one of those creepy attics too with the small windows that pertrude from the roof top. That's the first time I've heard anything in the attic but supposedly a lot of the guys hear things moving around up there all the time. The doors to the attic are always locked and nobody is ever up there. The only access is on our level.

-When I first moved into this building I got flipped off my mattress in the middle of the night. I lived by myself at the time in the room and I woke up with my mattress being lifted and I fell on the floor trying to push my mattress off me but it was being forced off the bed and onto me until it stopped.

That's just a few of the things that have happened there. The place is full of spiritual activity and has a bad history.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
My grandmothers spirt is at my aunts house (she lived there while going through 2 cancer treatments and finally she decided not to on the third time the found something,) anyways before her health got to the point where she had to be moved to a hospic, she would always tell us to make sure the door was closed to the backyard. Mind you this was a heavy steel framed door that got caught up on the floor and was really tight in the frame. That made it next to impossible for a gust of wind to close it let alone a medium sized dog or young children.
She passed away a little over a year ago in February and usually during the day you can hear the door close shut when everyone is outside.... And at night these small battery powered lights that you put in like candle holders would randomly turn on... My aunt was saying they pulled the batteries out of most of them and then see them on during the night. Guess I'm not sure if anything else has happened but yeah kinda interesting stuff

ff500

Established Member
You said it was a condo, maybe someone else's remote from a nearby unit is affecting your equipment. I used to do that with the old lady next door to me, my cable remote could change her cable box, every once in awhile I would see her watching tv through the window so I would the channels on her.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
You said it was a condo, maybe someone else's remote from a nearby unit is affecting your equipment. I used to do that with the old lady next door to me, my cable remote could change her cable box, every once in awhile I would see her watching tv through the window so I would the channels on her.

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner!!!!!

Aceswild 02

Established Member
Hell, a few weeks ago my wife and I were woke up at 3:00am on the dot...ungodly loud static noise coming from downstairs. Sounded like alien attacking or some shit...lol.

Go down stairs and the surround sound receiver is on full blast playing static and I couldn't get it to stop or turn off. Finally turned off and works perfect since. Weird stuff.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i live in the house where my fiance's mother died and weird shit happens all the time. some of the stuff that has happened:

~random knocking, squeaking, shuttering while we are watching tv downstairs and no one else is home...
~dogs will randomly "sit" or run around like someone is playing with them. other times they randomly sit and watch the wall or an odd corner of the house...
~we shut doors and come home to find them wide open...
~some clocks will reset at random times but never all at once like a power outage...
~tv randomly turns on or cable box will randomly change channels
~fridge door opens when we are not home and we come home to find it open
~dog toys move during the night when they are in the crates and we are asleep. we will put them all into a basket and next morning they are layed all over the place. i even video taped it one night and it didnt happen, dogs were in crate the whole night and toys didnt move but next evening they were all over the place and the crates were 100% locked tight. creepiest thing that no one can explain.

her mom died from painkillers/alcohol overdose in her sleep. she was a hardcore alcoholic and pill abuser but was still a great person. both me and my fiance dont know whats going on so we just deal with it. i still think its creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread