• 2011-12 5.0

Votes: 146 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
If you were to have a 03-04 cobra or a 2011-12 5.0 which one would you pick?
Vote then discuss!!

Jroc

Established Member
I've had a Terminator and driven a 2012 GT, and the new 5.0 cars are way better. Straight up. A Terminators a thrill ride and pulls like a beast, but you try pulling some of the stunts in a Terminator that a new 5.0 Mustang is capable of, and you'll quickly be spinning out of control.

New 5.0 cars all day long. To me stock 5.0 GT's feel just a as fast as a stock Terminator.(I've driven a couple)

I would much rather have a Boss 302 than a GT though, but the new GT's are still very good cars and great bargains if you don't option them out.

MGC

Established Member
Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
I'm not asking what car is better I'm asking for your personal opinions and experiences!

1o1proof

Established Member
Well, I sold the 03 somewhere around the 1st of the year & bought a 2013 2 months ago. IMO you can't compare the two, they are two totally different cars. The 03 was a lot more fun to drive, and was much quicker. Granted it wasn't stock, but hey not many are these days. The 13 makes a good daily driver, much more comfortable and the ride really surprised me.

So to me, for fun it has gotta be the 03/04, to get from one place to another I take the 13.

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
I love my Cobra, but its not my DD. Just ordered a 2013 GT for the wife and it seemed to ride (test drive) really nice compared to my 03. Looking forward to taking it on a trip when it gets here in 8 weeks!!!

KYSVT

Banned
I have owned 3 03-04 Cobras and they were by far the best cars i have ever owned from appearance to power. But after i test drove a friends 12' GT i was hooked. I sold the cobra bought a GT and the rest was history. No way would i go back to a cobra unless i could own 1 of each.

MGC

Established Member
The cobra to me is much more raw, unbridled power, it'll bite you in the ass if can't drive it properly, that's how a real muscle car should be. The new 5.0's are nice cars, much more refined but I don't really like the looks of them, and I see them ALOT, hard to make something like that stand out, and I've always loved the mod-ability of the Terminators.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
If you get the 5.0, you can sing this:

I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin in my 5.0
With my ragtop down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby
Waving just to say hi
Did you stop?
No, I just drove by

Entrenched

Established Member
I've had both. I still have the Cobra. I figure the new GTs will be a dime a dozen at some point and clean Cobra's are getting harder to find. I actually want to add a Cobra vert for my wife to drive.

It's nice that Ford is giving us this issue to debate.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If you get the 5.0, you can sing this:

I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin in my 5.0
With my ragtop down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby
Waving just to say hi
Did you stop?
No, I just drove by

.... what the f

2004Droptop

Established Member
Have a 04 and test drove a 12. I was impressed; quality, design, comfortable and civilized. The Cobra has the brute force covered. If my Mustang was a DD it would be 5.0 in a heartbeat but for fun it is the Cobra. I think the Cobra (when it was stock) pulled harder than the 5.0, nothing scientific just the seat of the pants feel. I am biased though, too much $$$$$ in the Cobra to make the switch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread