OEM paint matched lips hotness inside!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i had this all satin black set of 2 piece Chicanes (sans assembly bolts) listed in the market place. well, this member picked them up but wanted the lips painted to match the color of his stang. here's the result :dancenana:

i guess its just the color of the car (cant recall the exact name. laser red maybe?) but the there are some microflakes in the paint which make the lips look even more bitchin.

just in case some of you GT500 guys have been contemplating going with paint matched lips.

IMG_3279Large.gif

IMG_3280Large.gif

IMG_3281Large.gif

IMG_3282Large.gif

IMG_3284Large.gif

IMG_3285Large.gif

IMG_3286Large.gif

IMG_3287Large.gif

now where else can you have this done for $3200k including shipping?! :coolman: (2 piece 18s, during our current sale)

and here's the other set of 20" Sebrings for a GT500 that i had on clearance that someone nabbed. done in flat anthracite with polished lips. i had these on display at a show yesterday and they were really popular. the older guys were loving them and kept commenting on how much they reminded them of their old torq thrust style wheels

showing in them some various lights to show how they look dark with less light but in sunlight they look nice and grey (if that makes much sense)

IMG_3289Medium.jpg

IMG_3290Medium.jpg

IMG_3291Medium.jpg

IMG_3292Medium.jpg

IMG_3293Medium.jpg

IMG_3294Medium.jpg

IMG_3295Medium.jpg

IMG_3296Medium.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Laser red or Redfire...hope the customer sends pics.

I'd say the flat-anthracite center finish was reminding them of the old raw magnesium torq-thrusts for sure.

Seems you've been busy lately :beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Looks good!
Would love the center caps black with your logo in alloy to match my stripes. Can you do?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Looks good Steve.... Planning something along the same lines with the wifes new ride.

ahh, i gotta get back to your email lol

Laser red or Redfire...hope the customer sends pics.

I'd say the flat-anthracite center finish was reminding them of the old raw magnesium torq-thrusts for sure.

Seems you've been busy lately :beer:

VERY! thankfully. that flat anthracite might look good on your VB. maybe with brushed lips...

Looks good!
Would love the center caps black with your logo in alloy to match my stripes. Can you do?

of course we can do, but using the actual paint, JUST for that, would be $$$. but he can eyeball it no problem. he's very good at that. and theyre far enough from the stripe that it wouldnt even be an issue.

kolb02

Established Member
The Anthricite's will be here on Thursday! I can't waite! What lowering springs should I use if I want to slam this thing with 305 35 nitto drags on the back?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The Anthricite's will be here on Thursday! I can't waite! What lowering springs should I use if I want to slam this thing with 305 35 nitto drags on the back?

FRPP seems to be the popular choice around here but any of them should work. just be SURE to get an adjustable panhard bar or you will be scratching your head :p

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat

I have a set of TF's that should be here Friday(satin black sebrings), I am on sportlines, the lowest of the lowering springs, I am going to run a 305/35/20 and from my caluclations it will be borderline on whether or not the rear will clear. I have a set of FRPP rear springs just in case. I will let you know!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and whats really great about this particular set is that since the wheels are 2 piece, we can have the entire wheel powdercoated for the same price as just the centers. so we did the whole wheel in satin black. then, they went to the paint shop from there. this is even better than just painting the lips because the powdercoating provides a superior bond to the aluminum and makes a great surface to paint on. so they should be even more durable than just painted aluminum lips.

XtremeS10

Established Member
and whats really great about this particular set is that since the wheels are 2 piece, we can have the entire wheel powdercoated for the same price as just the centers. so we did the whole wheel in satin black. then, they went to the paint shop from there. this is even better than just painting the lips because the powdercoating provides a superior bond to the aluminum and makes a great surface to paint on. so they should be even more durable than just painted aluminum lips.

The more and more pics you post the more and more I want to get a car just to put your wheels on, you sir, are burning holes in pockets I do not yet have! :beer:

Awesome information as well, I can't wait to see all the new stuff you come up with and new designs! Wish I woulda had the budget for a set of your wheels when I got mine

kolb02

Established Member
I have a set of TF's that should be here Friday(satin black sebrings), I am on sportlines, the lowest of the lowering springs, I am going to run a 305/35/20 and from my caluclations it will be borderline on whether or not the rear will clear. I have a set of FRPP rear springs just in case. I will let you know!

Yes, let me know! Thats what im wanting to do!
Thanks, 1 bad bullitt!

Users who are viewing this thread