NEW custom louvered race hood vents for GT500!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
PRICE ADJUSTMENT! $60 in standard brushed finish. powder coating, painting or polishing are extra.

adding these in with mesh screens (optional) starts getting up there in price. i was able to renegotiate my costs with my supplier of these louvered vents (a separate vendor) and bring the pricing down. BUT, they wont come in mirror polished finish standard for this price. most of you probably wouldnt order them like that anyways, so its a bonus. it helped bring the cost down.

these will still be high quality stainless steel. brushed finish will be the de facto standard (no charge) finish for them, just like our mesh vents.

having them powder coated or polished will be just $10 per vent. this includes standard colors like: gloss black, satin black, flat black. polishing is just for the surface side since you dont see much of the bottom on these vents. if you want the bottom side polished, its $10 additional per vent.

OR, we can send them media blasted and ready for paint/powder coating if you prefer to use your own finisher.

optional powder coating colors are available but will cost a bit more. we can now have your factory color matched via powder coating but we will need a sample of your paint (ie gas door) to match the PC to. once we have the proper mixture formula on file for the specific color, it wont be needed any more.

these are a new design that a new vendor made us a sample of to show us what he could do. they are 100% interchangeable with the mesh vents and you can in fact, use them both together :banana:

you can order them separately if you already have a set of our hood vents or order them together with a new set.

here are the first samples of the louvered inserts. they are made from stainless steel and come highly polished as the standard finish. here its shown with a satin black frame
IMG_4029Large.jpg

IMG_4010Large.jpg

IMG_4015Large.jpg

IMG_4012Large.jpg

IMG_4011Large.jpg

these are incredibly thin yet incredibly strong AND light! here you can see the same thing as above but with the satin black mesh below it. this would be good for anyone who might have concerns about leaves or other stuff falling into the engine bay through the openings
IMG_4029Large.jpg

IMG_4015Large.jpg

IMG_4013Large.jpg

IMG_4014Large.jpg

here they are in black with no mesh underneath
IMG_4020Large.jpg

IMG_4021Large.jpg

IMG_4022Large.jpg

here they are with satin black mesh underneath. these looked the best imo and looked the most like an oem product
IMG_4028Large.jpg

IMG_4027Large.jpg

IMG_4025Large.jpg

IMG_4024Large.jpg

IMG_4023Large.jpg

IMG_4022Large.jpg

satin black with a brushed frame (and satin black mesh underneath)
IMG_4009Large.jpg

IMG_4056Large.jpg

IMG_4057Large.jpg

IMG_4058Large.jpg

IMG_4059Large.jpg

IMG_4060Large.jpg

IMG_4061Large.jpg

here's a vent in mild steel just to show what an all brushed set up would sort of look like (much nicer than this of course)
IMG_4003Large.jpg

IMG_4007Large.jpg

IMG_4008Large.jpg

IMG_4011Large.jpg

IMG_4055Large.jpg

IMG_4054Large.jpg

IMG_4053Large.jpg

they will be made in limited quantities. these will be available with a new set with or without the mesh screens or alone if you already own a set of our hood vents. shipping is not included with the prices above but will be about $10 per pair (if ordering JUST the vents).

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
Have you started working on a 2010+ version or are you still waiting for a member to sacrifice the one off their car for your R&D? I would do it if I could get it back in a week if would help push things along like you told me in a post 5 months back before I even got my 2011.

Thanks

Patiently waiting :)

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Have you started working on a 2010+ version or are you still waiting for a member to sacrifice theirs for your R&D?

Patiently waiting :)

ive got a hood enroute from Tasca Ford. as soon as we receive it we will begin the designing process for the 2010/2011s. we didnt want to start on it yet till we had a complete hood in our possession. that's how we were able to make the 05-09 vents fit so well. this time around the designing will be a LOT faster since we'll have a hood. we didnt have the 05-09 hood till six months ago. before that, we were doing occasional test fitments when we could get a hold of a car which is why they took so long.

they'll probably be a bit less expensive too since there is only ONE hood vent on the cars :thumbsup:

you can order the hood vents directly from us, or from authorized retailers such as Bangastang and Lethal Performance.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Hey Steve, got your PM....went to reply but your box was full. Clear a couple msg's out :beer:

BigDan

Established Member
ive got a hood enroute from Tasca Ford. as soon as we receive it we will begin the designing process for the 2010/2011s. we didnt want to start on it yet till we had a complete hood in our possession. that's how we were able to make the 05-09 vents fit so well. this time around the designing will be a LOT faster since we'll have a hood. we didnt have the 05-09 hood till six months ago. before that, we were doing occasional test fitments when we could get a hold of a car which is why they took so long.

they'll probably be a bit less expensive too since there is only ONE hood vent on the cars :thumbsup:

you can order the hood vents directly from us, or from authorized retailers such as Bangastang and Lethal Performance.

That's great new's. Just to make thinks even easier on you guys I really like the look of the factory heat extractor and would like to see an exact replica just done in billet. I think the machine finished billet heat extractor would look BA on my Ingot Silver 2011.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
they look dangerous... waiting for pics installed. Damn you Scuba Steve... Damn youuuu

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks really nice. Innovative idea with those angled vent panes. My only comment would be that the mesh reduces air flow outward by about 50%. Why not just omit the mesh and make the best use of the openings for optimum heat extraction?

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Drumrollllllll!!!!!! Hom Much! Me likey!!:pop: OopS ME BLIND!!!!! haha

Last edited:

Leeiswho2b

I'll be your huckleberry!
Established Member
I want the polished. Won't be able to order until the end of the month. Will they be available then? Wasn't sure how many sets you are going to make. Would love to see some pics of these installed!!!!!!!! Post em up!!!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
am I missing the total price? whats the cost with the mesh? Does the $60 include the billet surrounds? For example, louvered vents with mesh, all powdercoated satin black. price? Just like Tobs. Thanks Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread