The gauges

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I have no idea what other gauges I could even use if I bought the "ZAKPOD"
Already have aeroforce, Autometer Nexus boost, fuel pressure, and A/F.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Do u really need more gauges? I mean I'll be glad to make u a pod but holy gauges. I like "zakpod" and it's my initials.

Bulldogger

Established Member
I sure everyone will disagree with me but gauges are nice and give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside, but are a little over rated. When you are drag racing or road racing you really don't keep a constant eye on them so if something happens it's usually Murphy's law:bash:. That being said if you choose gauges AFR, Fuel pressure, would be the most useful to see if there is any issue on start up. Remember most who run AFR are only monitering one bank of the engine so you won't pick up any fueling issue on the other unless you are running dual wide bands. If the car is tuned and AFR is safe you won't be having any issues with AFR changing unless an injector sticks or the pumps start to head south so moniter the fuel pump pressure. Boost gauge if you think you might be having belt slippage. I usually just run a data log every once in a while to see how everything is. The SCT tuner allows this so you can just check things peridically with it. Sorry for the long post.

svtperfsignature.jpg

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
This thread was more sarcasm. I dont want any more gauges. Was a chance to be a pic whore, as the nice weather is almost here and Im very excited about getting the car on the road again.
I usually do a play back on the Nexus guages after each track pass to see what was going on.

airmanb2b

Established Member
I would highly suggest you get a guage to monitor flux capacitor fuel levels. Ive heard of too many guys not being able to achieve 88MPH on the dyno due to low fuel qty.:lol:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I have been researching gigaslapmeters for my tail lights.

bull3441

Established Member
can you angle the vent gauges to get air on you or does it just blow straight?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I was looking at them but I like the way the dash looks. Never really liked the vent pod, but after seeing them in jakes car they are growing on me. Gauges would look sick in place of the a/c controls. But I only need two gauges and I love the way my pod turned out. Only if I had the time to hook everything up

Users who are viewing this thread