Amazon Racing Rocks!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
We just completed our dyno-day, and other than a few blips everything was great! Rick and Linn really hooked us up with some great tunes. I ended up with a perfect A/F ratio hovering right around 11.5:1, and 441hp and 461Tq. This was after 3 runs and no cool down time. Oh, and as I am sure many that were there would mention, my first run was very scary. My pedal got hung up on the carpet, and I bounced off of the Rev limiter for about 7-8 seconds...My last pull had my coolant temps at 200 degrees, so with all of that Rick said that I should be good for another 15-20 hp with a good cool down time. Rick did a great job, and he can even tune the Hell out of LS1's..who knew?? :shrug:

Later

Jeff

Last edited:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Agreed Amazon is the sh!t. They have hooked up all the tunes on my Cobra from clear across the country. Wouldn't have it any other way.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just can't believe my engine didn't blow up when I got the pedal stuck. If it hadn't been for LG2004Redfire (Lou) thinking quick and manually closeing the T-body..who knows. Thanks Lou. It was crazy. I took the car to about 6200 rpm, let off, pushed in the clutch, and threw it in to neutral. But to my amazement it just KEEPT ON RUNNING AT WOT!!! Needless to say I let the quicker thinking Rick drive the remaining 2 runs himself...and so did just about everyone else. :)

bengood24

Fomer Goatherder
Established Member
I don't have the carpet excuse for hitting my limiter lol .... at least it was just once and not 7 seconds :) And yes, Rick does a great job on LS1's :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, that sucks. Everything is mucho better now.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I like that my Tq was above 425 across the whole chart until 5500 rpm when it started to dive down a little. I should see great things when I go with a lower pulley and ported blower. Not bad for just a 2.93 upper, catback, and CAI. :)

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I just can't believe my engine didn't blow up when I got the pedal stuck. If it hadn't been for LG2004Redfire (Lou) thinking quick and manually closeing the T-body..who knows. Thanks Lou. It was crazy. I took the car to about 6200 rpm, let off, pushed in the clutch, and threw it in to neutral. But to my amazement it just KEEPT ON RUNNING AT WOT!!! Needless to say I let the quicker thinking Rick drive the remaining 2 runs himself...and so did just about everyone else. :)

My car did the same thing with the gas pedal sticking the first time I ever ran at the track in the staging lane. It suprises you a little doesn't it?

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Mines done that, I believe if you cut the carpet near the pedal it will stop it. I really dont like the idea that my car could blow up from the pedal getting stuck :eek:
Thanks for the info on Amazon, I will probably use them to tune my car after I get my steig, 4lb lower, and 2.93 pulley.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
We just completed our dyno-day, and other than a few blips everything was great! Rick and Linn really hooked us up with some great tunes. I ended up with a perfect A/F ratio hovering right around 11.5:1, and 441hp and 461Tq. This was after 3 runs and no cool down time. Oh, and as I am sure many that were there would mention, my first run was very scary. My pedal got hung up on the carpet, and I bounced off of the Rev limiter for about 7-8 seconds...My last pull had my coolant temps at 200 degrees, so with all of that Rick said that I should be good for another 15-20 hp with a good cool down time. Rick did a great job, and he can even tune the Hell out of LS1's..who knew?? :shrug:

Later

Jeff

Good to hear!!! Congrats on your numbers!! :beer:

TRBO VNM

Very nice to see things working out. Rick and Linn are very nice people and do nothing but help the community. I have been pleased many times on my visits to their shop. Even when thing might not be working out, they always pull through and make things better. Glad to see others appreciate their hard work.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
back on topic...

glad to see that you had such a good dyno day and a good time also! :beer:

doesn't surprise me that Rick did so well with you guys and even tuned the GTO....he has the kind of real-world skills and experience to do it all

Last edited:

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
HISSMAN said:

man you definitely owe ford a thank you letter for the forged internals in that thing. god that was violent :eek:

and rick and linn are great i can't wait to turn him loose on my car.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great job Jeff! Sounds like the dyno day was a big success. And Big Lou comes through again.

beengood24, what numbers did your GTO come up with?

*Good job LL with getting this back on track......

Users who are viewing this thread